A Golden Wake - Coming October 9th from Wadjet Eye Games. DEMO AVAILABLE!

Started by Grundislav, Mon 25/02/2013 03:30:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

Jazz times?!! In the 20s!?!? YAY this DOES look very promising indeed! :)

Grundislav

Crimson Wizard: Yep, the fully rotoscoped Charleston will be in the game, you can bet on it.

Andail: I am very much looking forward to not dealing with paranormal investigating, believe me. :P

Babog

Love it already! When you first started prepologizing (that's a word, yes?) that your game was going to take place in a very specific time and place that may not appeal to many, this is almost exactly what I hoped it would be. You're going to have to try much harder to bore the likes of us.

Snarky

Hey, cool!

Even though you talked about it and demoed a couple of scenes at Mittens, I'm still a little unclear on how the game will actually play. But I really like the idea of a game about the development of Coral Gables, since it always seemed like an interesting history. (Plus I look forward to seeing the Biltmore in its Johnny Weissmuller heyday!) And I'm always in favor of local color in AGS games, and of creators following their interests and their muse down strange pathways, so I'm very interested in this.

Lewis

This looks ridiculously good.
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

StillInThe90s

Absolutely lovely graphics. Good luck!

Xionix

Hey, you are that podcast guy, you also make games? WOWWWWWWW!!!! I still don't get what the games is about after reading like 10 times, guess the human brain can't be a fan of your podcast and your games at the same time. The art style and the portraits looks a bit like it was made by the guy that did the Ben Jordan games, I like his motto "I will not go commercial because it will feel like work".

Now a bit more serious, this looks very interesting, is something very different from the Ben Jordan games. I hope if the main character get a beaten, at least he punch back the guy once. I have seen the love and work you put in the Jordan games, so I know this game will worth the money. 2014... huh... I can find enough pennies under the "sofa" by then to buy the game, looking forward to this I know it will worth the while. Buena suerte ese!

Andail

So, will this be partly simulator or what? Will you actually buy/sell real estates? In-game economy? Will the puzzles mainly be about placing the right vase in the right corner to achieve maximum home-styling score?

Grundislav

Ha ha no, no real estate sims or micromanaging or in-game economy or anything like that, just a standard point and click adventure.  This game is about real estate in the same way Resonance was about particle physics.

Gribbler

It looks fantastic! With your experience I'm sure it will be top quality adventure. Can't wait!

kaputtnik

Will there be...industry-financed leisure trips to Cuba?
I, object.

Armageddon

I hope it will be real world no paranormal stuff, or not I don't know. Being Miami we need some beach pics. :D

Vince Twelve

Quote from: Grundislav on Wed 27/02/2013 14:20:19
This game is about real estate in the same way Resonance was about particle physics.

Why, that will require tens of minutes of research! Tens!

Secret Fawful

FINALLY, an original adventure game setting for once.

Takyon

Very interesting and most certainly an original concept. Looks beautiful too.
ghost.

Ali

I just realised I hadn't commented on this. It looks great! Me and the missus are also huge fans of the 1920s, so we're looking forward to this!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I've been looking forward to seeing more of this since Mittens!  If you happen to need a 1920's-era gold prospector, you know who to ask ;)

PeterW

Hey Grundislav, have you thought about using Kickstarter? It won't hurt if you get only about 5 Euro, but maybe you get a lot of money.
(I would be willing to spend some bucks on it.)

frenzykitty

Looking incredible!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk