Preparations for AGS 3.3.0 Beta

Started by Crimson Wizard, Tue 05/03/2013 12:57:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens on Wed 27/03/2013 18:48:51
This version appears to be incompatible with the agsjoy.dll Wyz made.  I get illegal exceptions whenever it tries to use any functions from agsjoy and crashes back to the editor.
Hmm, I tried running Joystick Tutorial and am getting this error instead:
An internal error has occurred. Please note down the following information.
If the problem persists, post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.
(ACI version 3.3.0.1130)

Error: Error running function 'room_AfterFadeIn':
Error: invalid pointer type for object function call: 11

Note: I don't have real device, so I had to use virtual joystick driver.
If I don't have any joystick installed, I am getting in game message, telling me about this, so, it looks like at least "JoystickCount" function is working properly.

EDIT: Ok, there's certain mistake in the code, I'll look into fixing that.
EDIT2: And, yes, I've got an illegal exception with some functions too.

Crimson Wizard

Updated version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9bqawlni21hkoo9

Fixes:
- crash in AGS.Native.dll, reported by SpeechCenter;
- problems when working with some plugins (e.g. agsjoy.dll), reported by ProgZmax

Regarding the latter, I tested AGS Joystick Tutorial game. Please tell if there are any problems with the game you were making.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Crimson Wizard

Ok, then, I will probably make a proper distributive tomorrow. Although I thought it would be nice to release beta 1st April; maybe we will do that next year ;).

Crimson Wizard

Are there any people who have a grasp on licenses stuff?
Following is license agreement from the AGS 3.2.1 setup program. What change should be made there to reflect current situation?
Adventure Game Studio Engine and Tools
Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Chris Jones.

It is recommended that you do not install this to the same folder as
any previous versions of AGS, in case you need to go back for some reason.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS'' AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

IN NO EVENT SHALL CHRIS JONES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

NO MONEY WHATSOEVER MAY BE CHARGED FOR ADVENTURE GAME STUDIO UNLESS EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION IS GIVEN BY THE AUTHOR. IF YOU PAID FOR THIS, THE SELLER IS BREACHING THE TERMS OF DISTRIBUTION OF THIS APPLICATION.

This setup program is Inno Setup v5.2, an excellent freeware
installer. Copyright (C) 1997-2007 Jordan Russell, all rights reserved.

AGS is an adventure game creation system. As such, it is provided to you in good faith by the author. Chris Jones cannot be held responsible for the contents of any works created with AGS, including but not limited to any which infringe on copyright, are libellous or contain offensive material. Please use AGS responsibly.

AGS allows user-made "Plugins" to be incorporated into games created by the system. These Plugins can access all standard Windows functionality and are therefore not protected from system functions as the scripting language is. Chris Jones cannot be held responsible for any Plugins for AGS which you use in your game. Any problems with the Plugin should be addressed to its author.

You must accept these terms and conditions before proceeding with installation.

Khris

I just tried the beta; what happened to the editor option to display the project tree on the left...?
It was the very first thing I wanted to do with AGS 3.3 and it's gone.  8-0

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Khris on Tue 02/04/2013 19:45:12
I just tried the beta; what happened to the editor option to display the project tree on the left...?
It was the very first thing I wanted to do with AGS 3.3 and it's gone.  8-0
:) tzachs made docking panels. Now you may drag and drop them around the main window. Also pin/unpin them.

Khris

Alright, that's why! Apologies for my ignorance. Great stuff, I docked the properties next to the tree and it is already much nicer to work with.

BigMc

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 02/04/2013 17:43:27
Are there any people who have a grasp on licenses stuff?
Following is license agreement from the AGS 3.2.1 setup program. What change should be made there to reflect current situation?

It should state the license and where to get the source code. The paragraph "NO MONEY WHATSOEVER MAY BE CHARGED..." should be removed. It contradicts the Artistic License 2.0 which allows a distribution fee.

Personally I would remove all the text in caps, because there is no reason anybody could imply a warranty anyway. Or replace it by something shorter like "This package is distributed without any warranty, without even the implied warranty of merchantibility or fitness for a particular purpose."

Crimson Wizard

I came with this:
Adventure Game Studio Engine and Tools
Copyright (c) 1999-2011 Chris Jones and 2012-2013 various contributors.

It is recommended that you do not install this to the same folder as any previous versions of AGS, in case you need to go back for some reason.

The software is provided under Artistic License 2.0 (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license-2.0.php).
This is an open source software, its source code is available at https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags.

This package is distributed without any warranty, without even the implied warranty of merchantibility or fitness for a particular purpose.

This setup program is Inno Setup v5.5.3 (http://www.innosetup.com), an excellent freeware installer. Copyright (C) 1997-2013 Jordan Russell, portions copyright (C) 2000-2013 Martijn Laan, all rights reserved.

AGS is an adventure game creation system. As such, it is provided to you in good faith by its authors. Neither Chris Jones nor any of the contributors can be held responsible for the contents of any works created with AGS, including but not limited to any which infringe on copyright, are libellous or contain offensive material. Please use AGS responsibly.

AGS allows user-made "Plugins" to be incorporated into games created by the system. These Plugins can access all standard Windows functionality and are therefore not protected from system functions as the scripting language is. Neither Chris Jones nor any of the contributors can be held responsible for any Plugins for AGS which you use in your game. Any problems with the Plugin should be addressed to its author.

You must accept these terms and conditions before proceeding with installation.

Here's the test installer:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bfxww04956jh40z

BigMc

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 02/04/2013 22:33:05
I came with this:

Looks good, exept maybe the last sentence (unnecessary) and the extra newline after the Inno Setup paragraph. The Inno Setup paragraph is also the least important one. I would move it to the end.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk