So you've wandered into the technical mire that is AGS game-making, and you've come for assistance. There's nothing wrong with that, we all need a little help now and then.THIS FORUM IS FOR:
THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR:
- Help with more difficult scripting questions
- Bug reports
- Suggestions for future versions of AGS
USE A DESCRIPTIVE SUBJECT WITH ALL NEW POSTS!
- Simple questions about the AGS Editor or scripting (use the Beginners Technical Questions forum)
- General chat (use the Adventure-related talk or General Discussion forums)
- Art questions. Do NOT post questions about Paint Shop Pro or how to draw characters here!
- Asking when the next version will be released. If you ask when the next version is coming out, you will be slapped silly with a moist trout. Versions are released when they are ready. End of story.
Subjects like "Question" or "Help" will not be tolerated.INFORMATION
Before posting, have a check of the various documentation which is available on the Resources
and Knowledge Base
Also, try a forum search first
to see if a similar question has already been answered in the past.
However, don't unnecessarily bump old threads to the front page. If your problem is different enough and you still need help, feel free to start a new thread.
The Bug and Suggestion Tracker
lists known bugs and current suggestions for future AGS versions. If you think one of the suggestions would really help your game, feel free to reply to its entry and lend your support.
In addition to the one built into AGS, an online version of the manual
is available as well. Also, there's a user-driven AGS Wiki
AGS supports user-written plugins and script modules. You can find them listed here
. Once you're comfortable with AGS, why not check them out and see if they can help you.
Beware though, using a plugin will mean that your game won't run on Linux or MacOS! Script modules work on all platforms.
Interesting topics including plugin and module support threads have been archived in the Modules, Plugins and Technical FAQ forum.