Paramnesia - beta demo

Started by kaput, Tue 19/03/2013 01:59:21

Previous topic - Next topic

kaput

Sunny Penguin games proudly presents:

Paramnesia

This experimental game has been made from scratch in two days.

The Story

You find yourself prisoner at an unknown location. Having been subjected to a battery of tests, you now face the final challenge. Do you have what it takes to complete the task and learn the truth about your circumstances?

Features:
* Original storyline
* Novel approach to puzzles
* Voice pack
* Full soundtrack
* A real head-fuck of a game
* Free

Resolution: 1280x960

Is this the end, or merely the beginning?

Download here

Comments, ratings and critique would be highly appreciated.

!Edit: This game is a 'beta demo' - that means graphic place-holders and huge changes in the final product.

yashination

I couldn't get past the magic eye part. It was uncomfortable holding my laptop to my face and trying to cross my eyes. Was their more too that or was that really what I had to do?
Check out my game Static.

selmiak

Quote from: yashination on Tue 19/03/2013 06:17:39
I couldn't get past the magic eye part. It was uncomfortable holding my laptop to my face and trying to cross my eyes. Was their more too that or was that really what I had to do?
lol, these are the only puzzles in the whole game, even the credits are longer than that ;)
But it would be interesting to see what you can do in a week or a month as the atmosphere is quite nice already.

Stupot

Just downloading now.

Quote from: cSelmiak.Post(" on Tue 19/03/2013 11:56:55
Quote from: yashination on Tue 19/03/2013 06:17:39
lol, these are the only puzzles in the whole game, even the credits are longer than that ;)
But it would be interesting to see what you can do in a week or a month as the atmosphere is quite nice already.
Look no further. http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=47561.0

kaput

@ yashination - Stuff like that should be posted in the hints and tips section, not here!  :=

@ Selmiak - Thanks for playing, I'm glad you liked. The game may be short, but as I say, it was purely experimental (plus I wanted to use the text parser). There are novels and then there and short stories ;).

I've decided that I'll make a full length version of the game though (An extention of this prologue ofcourse), might take a while as I'm in the middle of a fairly large project.

@ Stupot+ - MOPV was made in two weeks (laugh). I wish I had spent longer on it though! More to come from that series too, eventually.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A full length follow up to Paramnesia is now in production.

Originally created as an experiment game, it's been decided that a full length version will be developed. Following the prologue (Paramnesia), the game will show the events leading to and following the 'specimen's' final test, with many mind tingling puzzles to enjoy.

More info to follow soon - keep an eye out for the dev blog!

Slasher

Hiya

Gave it a whirl. Unfortunately my eyesight is not as good as it once was  :~(

The basic idea was good even though I could not make out the images.

I liked the basic idea and story line, it could be expanded as you mentioned:

QuoteA full length follow up to Paramnesia is now in production.

All in all it was a short, experimental moment, made in two days that shows promise for future presentations despite a few minor blemishes.

8-)

slasher

EDIT: Got one right so far  (nod)

Shadow1000

I like the art.

Magic eye 3D art was all the rage at the beginning of the 90s. I don't think I've ever succeeded in seeing the image in one, though, so hopefully the final version will have more of a variety of puzzles.

SHADOW

kaput

Thanks for the feedback guys. Magic eye 3D art was indeed all the rage in 90s, used love the things myself. I don't think I've ever seen a game incorporate them so I decided I'd have a go.

QuoteThe basic idea was good even though I could not make out the images.

You might have problems with depth perception - I can only see them/better if I take my glasses off.

The stereograms will be a very, very small part of the full game anyway, so no worries. Been working on some new puzzles and art etc so I'll get a dev blog up soon in case you're interested in seeing it develop.

CaptainD

I'll have to get round to trying this, but I've NEVER managed to make out a magic-eye picture in my life, so I'm guessing I will struggle!!!

Intense Degree

I got the first two images fine, but couldn't work out what the third is one although I could see the shape more or less.

Maybe I am just lame!

kaput

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 25/03/2013 09:51:37
I've NEVER managed to make out a magic-eye picture in my life, so I'm guessing I will struggle!!!

There's a first time for everything!

Quote from: Intense Degree on Mon 25/03/2013 11:25:44
Maybe I am just lame!

I played Colin Simpson Leaves Employment and I can tell you this - you're certainly not lame! That game is awesome. That third stereogram is intentionally hard, I'd be surprised if anyone gets/got it tbh.

In other news: The dev blog is finally up if anyone is interested in having a gander - http://paramnesiagame.wordpress.com/

It's very early days but I'll be updating it regularly. Cheers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk