The Rail - Now Available for Free!

Started by Technocrat, Sun 24/03/2013 02:14:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

On a tidally-locked world, the only way for resources to be moved under the deadly sun is by high-speed train. The management refuse to automate it entirely - after all, then there'd be nobody to blame when things go wrong - and it's been your uneventful duty for the past several years to see the train back and forth along:

So naturally, things are going to go wrong on your watch. Things like, oh, maybe a hijacking? And a little bombing? And how about 'all of the above'?

Released in January 2012 as part of the AGS Bake Sale, The Rail was sold for charity, and helped to raise over £4000 for Child's Play. Thanks to the inevitable march of time, the game is now available for FREE to all and sundry who wish to play it. Merry [INSERT HOLIDAY]!

Featuring:
- Multiple endings!
- A train!
- Thousands of kilometres of sand!
- ...and Castle Bravo as itself!

Get it straight from the source - DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Requirements:
- Pentium or higher processor
- 27MB HD Space
- 64 Mb RAM
- Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP or Vista with DirectX 5 or above
- Supports all DirectX-compatible sound and video cards

With thanks to Ponch for digging up his copy of it to cover for my insufficient backing-up regime

Ponch

Quote from: Technocrat on Sun 24/03/2013 02:14:42
With thanks to Ponch for digging up his copy of it to cover for my insufficient backing-up regime.
Glad to help, sir. Great to see this game back in circulation. :smiley:

Anian

I don't want the world, I just want your half

Technocrat

Quote from: Anian on Sun 24/03/2013 12:12:46
I like trains.

Space-age trains seem to be something of a running theme at the moment.

CaptainD

Ah, 't'was a very good game indeed.  I wanted to see more of that world... I hope you find time to make something and let us explore it more sometime!  (Unless it's actually the same world that TechnoBabylon is set on and no-one knew?!)

Lewis

Quote from: Anian on Sun 24/03/2013 12:12:46
I like trains.

Is that a really obscure British post-rock reference? If it is,then bravo.
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Anian

Quote from: Lewis on Sun 24/03/2013 14:07:59
Is that a really obscure British post-rock reference? If it is,then bravo.
It's three different things, but I don't think it's what you think it is.
1. I do like trains
2. there's a youtube cartoon/song
3. Big bang theory reference
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Tenacious Stu

Awesome! I remember playing this for the first time at the very first Adventure X (where the running joke was the number of games that contained violence towards women, including my Bake Sale game)! I still have my Bake Sale copy, but I urge people to play this if they haven't.

Matti

Nice game, Technocrat. I liked the setting, and the puzzles were well balanced (maybe a bit too easy).

I'd love to see more like that.

Technocrat

And, having been forgetful, I've only just put it up on the AGS games list thanks to some timely reminding.

I certainly aim to do some more with this setting, there are just a few other things that I feel I need to get out of the way first!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk