Sleuth

Started by monkey424, Sun 07/04/2013 11:28:08

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey424

PRESENTING..

Forget Holmes.

Forget Poirot.

And forget that Davenport character in Slasher's game.

Detective Daniel Wilkins is the man for the job!

Based on the original 1983 text-based "whodunit" game of the same title, this is my version, only with prettier graphics, and some adventure game elements.

I dabbled with this game over a decade ago with AGS 2.07. And now it's time to revive this RAM Ghost!

For now, however, the game will have to go on the back burner since another project will take priority - the birth of my daughter - due towards the end of this month!

Game is currently on middle burner and bubbling with potential.

Darth Mandarb

Congrats on the kid.

However, please do have a read of the Forum Rules.  The game must be "in production" to be posted in the Games in Production board and it requires two "in game" screenshots (menu/title/option screens do not count).  Please let me know (via PM) when you are 1) Working on the game again and 2) You have the two necessary screenshots.  Then we can unlock this.

Unlocked.

monkey424

I'm currently stuck in a foreign country that has no YouTube or anything comprehensible on local TV for about a month so I have no excuse not to work on this game. Progress has been harsh but fair. Anticipate release early next year.  :)

monkey424

Wow! Hard to believe a year has nearly passed since my last post on this game. I can tell everyone is just speechless with anticipation. And the game is still not finished!

Here's my humble explanation..

Sometime between the last post and now I decided to pimp up my game with some solid voice acting. I've now got about half the AGS community on board!

Here's a snippet of what we've been up to..

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQ610sDI64[/embed]

I've also engaged a talented musician to do all my music. As we speak my colleague is working at a furious pace to produce the tunes that I anticipate will be finished sometime before Christmas*

The stats:

Graphics: 98%
Dialogue: 98%
Scripting: 90%
Voices: 50%
Music: 5%

First post in this thread updated too.

:)  :)  :)

* 2015.. maybe.

Fitz

Yasssss!!! :cheesy: This looks and sounds super fun. So glad I could be a part it!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Retro Wolf

This Graham Bastard sounds like an interesting character! ;)
Looking forward to playing!

Frodo

Quote from: monkey424 on Sun 07/04/2013 11:28:08
Game is currently on middle burner and bubbling with potential.

*nudges it towards the front burner:wink:

Looking great, Monkey.  Love the screenshots and YouTube trailer.
Looking forward to playing it - and glad I could contribute to it.  :smiley:

noavana

Looks great and Congrats on your daughter's birth!
Waiting to play this and to make some sense of the lines I read :tongue:

Ponch

This lemonade is just terrible! But the trailer looks delicious! :cheesy:

Dadalus

I like the look of this, enjoyed the trailer. One small thing I noticed at 12 seconds in, shouldn't it be Committed not Comitted?
This has been a 'Mouse fetishist' approved message.

monkey424

Thanks for the support guys! I love you all!

And thanks Dadalus for your nitpicky spelling suggestion (roll) - I've fixed it now!

Furthermore, this project milestone calls for a new avatar..

OLDNEW

So long Sam and Max. You've been great mascots.

AnasAbdin

Lovely game and lovely avatar :-D
I see you really did awesome plumping in the bathroom screenshot 8-)

Slasher

Looks fun (nod)

Any game that starts with "On a dark and stormy night." has my vote (laugh)

Good luck monkey424  ;)

monkey424

Hi folks. I was reminded of this old unfinished game after playing a bit of Day of the Tentacle with my daughter recently (the style is somewhat similar). I wasn't sure if I'd ever get round to working on it again and I'm sorry it has taken this long but I'm happy to announce I will work on it once again. I owe it to myself and to all the awesome people who helped voice the characters.

There's now just a handful of characters who still need a voice. Plus I need music. Please see this recruitment thread if interested --> HERE

Here's the game promo again. This is 5 years old now which seems old but considering the original graphics for the game date back almost 20 years it's not that old!

https://youtu.be/5DQ610sDI64

Danvzare

Is this based on the text-adventure game called "Sleuth" that has randomized elements?
Or is this based on a completely different game called "Sleuth"?

monkey424

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 23/10/2019 16:29:41
Is this based on the text-adventure game called "Sleuth" that has randomized elements?
Or is this based on a completely different game called "Sleuth"?

It's based on the 1983 text-adventure of the same title with randomized elements. Six characters will be randomly selected for each new game.

CaptainD

Is this the greatest genuine necropost in AGS forum history? 8-)

monkey424

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 24/10/2019 21:09:34
Is this the greatest genuine necropost in AGS forum history? 8-)

Yes, for now. It will be overshadowed when Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw makes a comeback. I reckon any decade now..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk