Avatars NOT animating anymore with IE under Vista. [SOLVED]

Started by RetroJay, Fri 12/04/2013 02:11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroJay

Hi All Good Peeps.

I need some help here.

I am using 32 bit Vista.

IE used to work fine until today.
Now none of the AGS user icons, within the forums, are animating. (Including my own.)

Mozilla FireFox works fine
What is going on and can anyone tell me why?

Many thanks.
Jay.

RetroJay

Thanks Jackie Chan. ;)

I... mostly... use FireFox.

Till today everything worked. Why not now?

Armageddon. I LOVE what you did, btw.
I wish I could do things that quick.

Khris

RetroJay

Cheers Khris.

I see I have become the butt of many jokes.

I DO find them funny. (laugh)

However... Why has things only just stopped working?

Armageddon

Probably a forum update, just don't use IE. It's not that hard, Firefox, Chrome, Opera. Use them.

Ponch

I can only assume they mods are doing this in an attempt to get rid of you, RetroJay. Don't fall for it! Don't let these OS elitists drive you away because of your poor choice of operating system coupled with your undying love of Internet Explorer! Stay strong, my brother! Don't let them win! Fight the power! (nod)

(But don't stand too close to me in the cafeteria. I don't want your Vista cooties rubbing off on me.  :P )

RetroJay

Ponch

Wish I could, buddy. But I don't know nothin' 'bout no Vista (thank goodness). Like Stanley Kubrick said a few posts up, it's probably a forum related issue. Give it a day or two and I'm sure AGA (or whoever is acting as his hand for the next few days) will fix the problem.  :smiley:

Stay strong, fight power, no cooties, etc. etc.  :wink:

RetroJay

Thanks Guys.

I am stuck with a hideous machine cos Samsung screwed me, and is continuing to screw me. >:(
The funny thing is...
I have a 7 year old XP Fujitzu Siemens laptop and it does everything I want with no problems. ???

Think I'll continue to use that until it dies. :(

Goodnight Friends.
Jay.

Ponch

Quote from: RetroJay on Fri 12/04/2013 03:49:19
The funny thing is... I have a 7 year old XP Fujitzu Siemens laptop and it does everything I want with no problems. ???
I have Windows 7 on my work computer. But this old one back in the bedroom is my ancient, reliable XP machine. It still runs like a top and will probably survive the nuclear war that's about to kick off in Asia any moment now. I plan to use this dusty old box to play my retro games until I finally win an AGS Award and collapse from shock, dead and slumped over my treasured old model M keyboard. (nod)

Never be ashamed of your XP machine, brother Jay! (Also fight power, cooties, and so on)

jwalt

This may not be the cause, but... Try tools -> Internet Options --> Advanced --> multimedia. See if the box "Play animations in web pages" is checked. It should be. Which, basically, is about all I can add to this thread. I suspect Vista may take you down a slightly different path, but may be worth a look.

RetroJay

Hi jwalt.

I LOVE YOU!
Thank you...Thank you... Thank you... That WORKS!

Evil Laugh Follows... HHHHAAAaaaggghhh(Cough!)(Cough!)aaaahhhh...ohh! (Should stop smoking!)

Thank You.
Jay.

Retro Wolf

The
Quote from: Ponch on Fri 12/04/2013 04:16:37
Quote from: RetroJay on Fri 12/04/2013 03:49:19
The funny thing is... I have a 7 year old XP Fujitzu Siemens laptop and it does everything I want with no problems. ???
I have Windows 7 on my work computer. But this old one back in the bedroom is my ancient, reliable XP machine. It still runs like a top and will probably survive the nuclear war that's about to kick off in Asia any moment now. I plan to use this dusty old box to play my retro games until I finally win an AGS Award and collapse from shock, dead and slumped over my treasured old model M keyboard. (nod)

Never be ashamed of your XP machine, brother Jay! (Also fight power, cooties, and so on)

The laptop i'm using now came with Vista.... I just had to format and stick good old XP on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk