Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

I know it's not Day of the tentacle but I say it anyways as I just did read DOTT above the NAILS :P
nice pixelart!

Amayirot Akago

Indeed it isn't DOTT, but I like the way you think :=
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Amayirot Akago

No other guesses yet? Okay. Hint time: movie licensed game based on a famous action franchise.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

MacGuyver? I can only imagine what he could come up with given access to all that stuff!

Danvzare

Home Improvement?

Amayirot Akago

Gilbert

Bladderless Runner...

Nope...

Terminator.

Amayirot Akago

Quite right! One of Bethesda's earlier works, and very much ahead of its time :) Your turn!

Gilbert

I've played this game before, and I found it having some stunning 2-D and 3-D visuals, but the game was confusing as hell for my stupid soul to understand what was going on and so I didn't spend much time on it before forgetting all about it.

I actually recognised the shop background as something that I must have seen before, but couldn't remember what game it was. I was almost certain about it when I saw the 3-D shot, though my memory told me that it looked better than that BitD. :grin:

Anyway, as it's 3+ a.m. now I'm in no condition to post something new ATM, so anyone can steal a turn if they like. I may try to post something if my turn still isn't taken when I read this thread again.

Gribbler

Stealing! :)

EDIT: Selmiak is excluded from guessing. He knows why :)

CaptainD

Ha I saw this recently as an Easter egg in some other game.  But I can't remember what.

Danvzare

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag?

Cassiebsg

Uhm... some new incarnation of Pirates maybe?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gribbler

Not Pirates or Assasin's Creed.

But CaptianD is right. Who do you think it is? Looks familiar, right? :)

Haggis

This Easter Egg has charted quite highly on a number of lists I've seen recently.

nihilyst

Been at that part of the game just a few hours ago. It's Uncharted 4.

Mandle

Quote from: Gribbler on Sun 22/05/2016 21:11:58
Who do you think it is? Looks familiar, right? :)

HAHAHA!!! I've been watching Jacksepticeye's let's play of this, and he just finished that section, but he didn't look at that picture for very long, so I didn't pick up on who is was, and neither did he (he doesn't play adventure games much)...

The narration says something like "I don't know who this one is, but he looks younger than all the others..."

Nice reference!

Gribbler

Quote"I don't know who this one is, but he looks younger than all the others..."
Yeah, and "His sigil is a monkey". :)

It is of course Guybrush Threepwood easter egg in Uncharted 4.

nihilyst

Gribbler

Enter the Gungeon?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk