Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Hmm... interesting.  I feel that I should know this but can't quite place it.  As a guess purely because I think the graphical style was similar I'm going to say Treasure Island - but I don't think that's what it is.

Danvzare

Nope not Treasure Island.

EDIT: Here's another screenshot to help move things along.
[imgzoom]http://orig04.deviantart.net/e35f/f/2016/099/3/f/spectrum_game_2_by_danvzare-d9y9a3k.png[/imgzoom]
If you can make out the blurred bits, you could probably find out the name of the game easily.

Amayirot Akago

It's Doctor What, an unlicensed Doctor Who game for the Speccy.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

And you're right! Your turn. :D
How did you know? Did you manage to decipher one of those blurred out texts, or have you actually played the game?

CaptainD

Which Doctor is it supposed to be?  Looks a bit like Sylvester McCoy to me.

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 08/04/2016 13:17:55
And you're right! Your turn. :D
How did you know? Did you manage to decipher one of those blurred out texts, or have you actually played the game?
I happened to stumble upon the game on Mobygames one time ;)
Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 08/04/2016 13:19:18
Which Doctor is it supposed to be?  Looks a bit like Sylvester McCoy to me.
There's meant to be four of them in the game according to Moby.

Anyway, time for me to put up a new screenie, I guess.

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57502026/wat.png[/imgzoom]
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

GarageGothic

Amayirot Akago

GarageGothic

It was the Yin-Yang pieces that I remembered from Wizkid, looking it up on Moby I see it looked quite different.

Amayirot Akago

*Quite* different indeed ;) Since this is a fairly obscure one it's only fair if I give a hint: this is an edutainment title of sorts. Also, you won't find it on Moby.

Amayirot Akago

Kumpel

Wrecked (laugh)

Amayirot Akago

That is the one, good job :D Freaky weird-ass game, that.

Kumpel

Here is the next one:

selmiak

The Liagme Post?

-_-

Kumpel

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

I had a sneak suspicion after remembering a review I once read, and after some research I've confirmed it's In Memoriam, AKA Missing.

Kumpel

That's the one! A very atmospheric and immersive adventure experience I had with this one since you get mails to your real email account from some game server to continue that psychopaths gruesome game, you had to investigate faked websites and stuff like that. Nowaydays the risk is extremely high to get spoilered while googling some clues. No idea if the whole game still works.

Once again your turn, Mr. Akago! 8-)

Amayirot Akago

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk