Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Atavismus

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Are you trying to trick us here?  At first I was looking and thinking this was an Intellivision game or something from an ancient system, but looking closer there are actually a lot of different shades of undithered grey here (not 50 but a good number), which would actually suggest a more modern system.  The apparent low pixel count may also be a misnomer...

(I don't know what it is, just thinking out loud!)

Amayirot Akago

I dunno much about the system that it's on or its capabilities, but this is definitely an older title ;)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Amayirot Akago

Still nothing? Okay, regarding the system, this particular screenshot is taken from the Atari 8-Bit version.

Atavismus

"Rescue on Fractalus!"?

Amayirot Akago

That's exactly it, well done :)

Atavismus

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Wed 20/04/2016 07:39:26
That's exactly it, well done :)
Thx! That was hard, because the picture (I was sure I saw it somewhere) is not representative of the game: nice trap! :D

Here is a new screenshot: it comes from the intro of a famous game.
Maybe it's too easy, but I love this game. ;)

Danvzare

Hmm, I don't think I've played this famous game.
Although I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that it's The Legend of Kyrandia (a game I've never played).

Atavismus

Not a bad try, but it's not Legend of Kyrandia.

Gribbler

Atavismus

Quote from: Gribbler on Thu 21/04/2016 15:19:16
The Settlers?
Yes it is. :)
Really a great and important game imo.

Danvzare

Oh Settlers!
Well I've certainly played a game in that series. :-D
I don't think I've played the first one though.

Definitely a famous game, none the less.

Amayirot Akago

Huh, certainly not my first guess. I thought it was some old 16 bit console RPG or something.

Atavismus

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Thu 21/04/2016 20:54:29
Huh, certainly not my first guess. I thought it was some old 16 bit console RPG or something.
Hehe, I know what you mean. ;)

Ben X

I would have guessed Shadow Of The Beast!

Atavismus

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 22/04/2016 03:52:52
I would have guessed Shadow Of The Beast!
Not the same style, but similar colors, so I understand.
Still, stop to steal my next ideas :D

Gribbler

Sorry for the delay guys. Somebody can take my turn.

Amayirot Akago

Danvzare

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk