Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Amayirot Akago

Good guess, but no.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Ark

selmiak

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Ark on Sun 24/04/2016 17:31:01
OnEscapee?
Whoa, right out of the park! Good show :D Didn't expect anyone to get this one without a hint or two. Your turn!
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Ark? 
New screenshot??
Pretty please??? :-D

Amayirot Akago

I don't think Ark's coming back... Someone else post something.

Danvzare

Alright then, here's a screenshot:
[imgzoom]http://img.squakenet.com/snapshot/11028/48489-PhilipJosxE9FarmersRiverworld.jpg[/imgzoom]

If Ark comes back though, feel free to ignore this. :-D

EDIT:
Another screenshot, and a hint. :-D
[imgzoom]http://www.theisozone.com/images/screens/pc-63976-31453225946.jpg[/imgzoom]

As far as I know, this game is based on a series of (apparently somewhat popular) books.

Amayirot Akago

Philip José Farmer's Riverworld. Someone else can take my turn ;)

Danvzare

Woah, that was fast!

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 01/05/2016 20:04:02
Woah, that was fast!
Scoured the literature section on Mobygames till I stumbled upon it, was curious to figure out what game it was exactly since it looked so unusual.

Ark

Wow! I can't believe it was indeed OnEscapee - it was a looong time ago I played this.

I'm sorry I couldn't do this earlier :( , but here's my screenshot. Quite old adventure game - I think it was released in 3 different languages, but the titles are more or less the same:

Danvzare

Woo hoo! Ark's back! :-D

Hmm, is it Septerra Core?
I've only ever played a bit of that game, but that screenshot kind of looks like it could be a cutscene in it. Although I doubt I'm right.

CrashPL

If I remember correctly, it's Liath: World Spiral. (or, by the Polish name, Liath: Spiralny Å Å¡wiat :))

Ark

QuoteHmm, is it Septerra Core?
I've only ever played a bit of that game, but that screenshot kind of looks like it could be a cutscene in it. Although I doubt I'm right.
No, it isn't. Septerra Core was a pretty cool game by the way (if only it wouldn't be so long and monotonous...).

QuoteIf I remember correctly, it's Liath: World Spiral. (or, by the Polish name, Liath: Spiralny Å Å¡wiat :))
Yes! It's Liath. Also known as ЛиаÃ'‚: СпиÃ'â,¬ÃÂ°ÃÂ»Ã'Å' ÐÅ"иÃ'â,¬ÃÂ°. Too bad I found out about this game only recently and running it on the modern Windows properly can be a pain...

CrashPL

Oh yeah. :D

So, how about this one?

Gribbler

It's Escape from Delirium.

CrashPL

That was fast as well. :D Correct Gribbler!

Danvzare

Why does the main character in that game, look like the Guybrush Threepwood sprite from Monkey Island 2? (wtf)

Amayirot Akago

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 06/05/2016 11:44:40
Why does the main character in that game, look like the Guybrush Threepwood sprite from Monkey Island 2? (wtf)

From the MobyGames page:

"Amateur made, shareware imitation of Monkey Island 2 / Simon the Sorceror."

"The hero looks suspiciously like Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island 2 - and the game even begins with him hanging from a rope."

Though it does also say "But don't let that put you off - this is a quality game in its own right." so might be worth a look.  I've never heard of it tbh!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk