Eksperyment Delfin.

Gribbler

Fitz

Atavismus

I didn't remember the title, but I was sure it was a Cryo's game:
Dreams to Reality

Danvzare

Fitz

Danvzare: Nope. It's also not Kickboxer: The Adventures of Tong Po ;)

Atavismus: Correct! Your turn!

Atavismus

Quote from: Fitz on Sat 28/05/2016 20:27:03
Atavismus: Correct! Your turn!
I have no interesting/challenging game in mind for the moment, so I give my turn to anyone who take it. ;)

Mandle

Okay I have one:

CaptainD

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 29/05/2016 21:45:10
Lords of Chaos?
(wrong)

GAME BACKGROUND AND FEATURES

This game, at the time it came out, was so groundbreaking that it was almost as if someone traveled back in time from the future with a list of everything that would be the expected standard in games 30-40 years later, and put them all in the game:

* 1st person perspective exploring (faux 3D of course but still innovative for the time)

* Open-ended game-play (even if you failed the goals/quests you could still keep playing for as long as you want: Just leveling up, gathering equipment and fighting the big-bads)

* Procedurally generated random dungeons (also customizable to 1-10 floors, each getting harder the deeper you go. The game is different each time you play! Or you could save a layout that you liked and replay it from the start again.)

* AN AUTOMAP!!! (perhaps the first game ever to have an automap that fills in the floorplan as you explore)

* Minigames! (Some rooms contained puzzle games or lucky-dip style games, amongst others)

* A stats wiki for enemies (after you meet an enemy the stats profile of it is available for viewing at any time)

* 100's of different enemies (All with different stats, critical hit %, special attacks: poison, webs, bleeding damage, earthquake attacks, turn-to-stone, etc etc)

* Dozens of different weapons/shields/armors/etc. available at shops on each new level, or findable in chests/vaults: Better stuff available the deeper you go...

* Dozens of different spells to cast: offensive, defensive, buffs, etc (And actual graphics showing the spells taking effect: Lightning bolts, fireballs, magic missiles all flying around on the screen!)

* Many different kinds of traps for your rogue character(s) to defuse (Both on chests and outside rooms in the corridors)

* "Wandering monsters" encounters! (You couldn't feel safe even when not in a room: Even in the corridors a monster mob could pop up at any time and you have to fight (or run-away) right there on a custom overhead corridor map that accurately showed the real layout: straight, T-intersection, 4-way crossroads, etc. For extra realism if one character ran away down a certain exit then all other characters had to leave by the same way...)

* Multiplayer! (The game was designed to be easy for a group of friends to take turns playing and have a character each that they personally controlled)

* Open-world! (You could freely roam the many branching corridors of each level and even go back up a floor, or all the way back to the starting room if you wanted to...)

* An unforgettable music score! (I can still remember the tune exactly to this day)

All this back in 1982?!

It was a friggin' miracle! And it set the bar for every dungeon crawler game to come after. And set it very high indeed!

CrashPL

Isn't that Tunnels of Doom? :)

I haven't played this one, as I never owned a TI-99, though I read about this game quite a lot back in the day, when I was doing a little research about oldschool RPG games (as I flippin' LOVED some of the 80's RPGs when I was younger, notably Ultima and Wizardry series... heh, who am I kidding, I still love them - proudly owning a nice collection of Ultima games, also started playing Ultima IV Remastered on C64 recently. :D)

Mandle

Quote from: CrashPL on Mon 30/05/2016 09:13:01
Isn't that Tunnels of Doom? :)

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Yes, Tunnels Of Doom, better known as "The Game That Ate My Childhood"...Good lord, I must've spent thousands of hours playing that beast, alone, or with friends, and every few years I would come back and have another binge...in fact:

* Mandle goes off to look for a PC playable version online!!!

Your turn!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 29/05/2016 23:13:55
Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 29/05/2016 21:45:10
Lords of Chaos?
(wrong)

GAME BACKGROUND AND FEATURES

This game, at the time it came out, was so groundbreaking that it was almost as if someone traveled back in time from the future with a list of everything that would be the expected standard in games 30-40 years later, and put them all in the game:

* 1st person perspective exploring (faux 3D of course but still innovative for the time)

* Open-ended game-play (even if you failed the goals/quests you could still keep playing for as long as you want: Just leveling up, gathering equipment and fighting the big-bads)

* Procedurally generated random dungeons (also customizable to 1-10 floors, each getting harder the deeper you go. The game is different each time you play! Or you could save a layout that you liked and replay it from the start again.)

* AN AUTOMAP!!! (perhaps the first game ever to have an automap that fills in the floorplan as you explore)

* Minigames! (Some rooms contained puzzle games or lucky-dip style games, amongst others)

* A stats wiki for enemies (after you meet an enemy the stats profile of it is available for viewing at any time)

* 100's of different enemies (All with different stats, critical hit %, special attacks: poison, webs, bleeding damage, earthquake attacks, turn-to-stone, etc etc)

* Dozens of different weapons/shields/armors/etc. available at shops on each new level, or findable in chests/vaults: Better stuff available the deeper you go...

* Dozens of different spells to cast: offensive, defensive, buffs, etc (And actual graphics showing the spells taking effect: Lightning bolts, fireballs, magic missiles all flying around on the screen!)

* Many different kinds of traps for your rogue character(s) to defuse (Both on chests and outside rooms in the corridors)

* "Wandering monsters" encounters! (You couldn't feel safe even when not in a room: Even in the corridors a monster mob could pop up at any time and you have to fight (or run-away) right there on a custom overhead corridor map that accurately showed the real layout: straight, T-intersection, 4-way crossroads, etc. For extra realism if one character ran away down a certain exit then all other characters had to leave by the same way...)

* Multiplayer! (The game was designed to be easy for a group of friends to take turns playing and have a character each that they personally controlled)

* Open-world! (You could freely roam the many branching corridors of each level and even go back up a floor, or all the way back to the starting room if you wanted to...)

* An unforgettable music score! (I can still remember the tune exactly to this day)

All this back in 1982?!

It was a friggin' miracle! And it set the bar for every dungeon crawler game to come after. And set it very high indeed!

So that would be a "no", then? :-D :P

CrashPL

Aw yeah, glad I could use some of my old RPGs knowledge. :D

So, while we're at it, here's one from me:

One of my all-time favourite Commodore 64 games. :)

Mandle

Super Polio Bros. ?

And if that's not an existing game....someone make it one please!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk