Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

CaptainD

Nope - think comics rather than TV. :wink:

Mandle

Hmmmm... a comic character in a purple and green jumpsuit with what looks like a big gun, a helmet, and a jetpack fighting aliens?!

Ermmmm...

(I suspect the "tries" image of the closeup of the character is a big clue but I honestly cannot get a visual read on what their face is supposed to look like inside the helmet. I dunno if the black area is hair, an eyepatch, or some kind of visor/heads-up-display, or what. I suppose it makes sense it you know who it's supposed to be but not in reverse...)

CaptainD

I think Mandle may be reading too much into the "Tries" thing (unless I'm not reading enough into it?!?)

This should give it away - at least the character (it's not the first in the series):

[imgzoom]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ndpbM_Ft0EU/Wi-w99q3taI/AAAAAAAAr7A/TyOBewoyV38MEKF1t-9alsoKp6FYQh6ugCLcBGAs/s1600/ss16.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 12/12/2017 09:04:54
Nope - think comics rather than TV. :wink:
Buck Rogers started off as a book (well two stories that were eventually compiled into a book), then got popularised as a comic. Long before becoming a TV show.

Um... Captain Comic?

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 12/12/2017 12:11:09
Buck Rogers started off as a book (well two stories that were eventually compiled into a book), then got popularised as a comic. Long before becoming a TV show.

You live and learn!  It's all about Gil Gerard and Erin Grey to me, I've never seen Buck Rogers in book or comic form.

Incidentally, the name of the eponymous character in this game rhymes with your user name!  (Depending on exactly how you pronounce the second part...)

Frodo

dayowlron

I am not sure when the comics or book came about but there was a movie called Buck Rogers in 1939.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

CaptainD

Frodo's got it - or at least most of it.  This was Dan Dare III on the ST.

Ben X

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 12/12/2017 14:30:39
I am not sure when the comics or book came about but there was a movie called Buck Rogers in 1939.

The first story was published in 1928. The first comic strip was released the next year.

Frodo

Feeling peckish?  :tongue:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/q8rnyHW.png[/imgzoom]

Amayirot Akago

PHANTASMAGORIA: A PUZZLE OF FLESH!!

Spoiler
I heard that, Curtis!
[close]
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Frodo

That was quick  :cheesy:
Well done Amayirot, you got it right on the first guess.  Your turn now.  :grin:

Spoiler
Do you think poor Curtis is having a bad day?  :=
[close]

Amayirot Akago

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/KhsZUnw.png[/imgzoom]

Well then, going from one FMV adventure to another ;)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

Amayirot Akago

Danvzare

dayowlron

Definitely a Spyro game, not sure of which one specifically though.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Ben X

The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning?

Danvzare

Nope.
And even though it's easy, it's not that easy. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk