Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Amayirot Akago

You give me far too much credit, I was just really into shareware games as a kid and a lot of that is still rattling around in this old brain of mine :=

Anyway, yeah, CrashPL got it ;)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CrashPL

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 29/12/2017 20:43:13I was just really into shareware games as a kid and a lot of that is still rattling around in this old brain of mine :=

Oh man, I know what you mean. I still have most of the shareware CDs from my childhood, and like to fire them up on my retro PC from time to time...

Anyway:

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CrashPL on Fri 29/12/2017 23:10:57
Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Fri 29/12/2017 20:43:13I was just really into shareware games as a kid and a lot of that is still rattling around in this old brain of mine :=

Oh man, I know what you mean. I still have most of the shareware CDs from my childhood, and like to fire them up on my retro PC from time to time...
I threw out all of mine cause I was young and stupid ;_; I don't recognize this new screenie, tho. Kinda reminds me of the Clonk games, maybe?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CrashPL

I actually backed up some of my most used shareware CDs, when the portable hard drives became an affordable good (remember the times, when "portable" hard drives were bulky, heavy, and required an external AC adapter?) Given how ridiculously expensive these things are nowadays in Poland (like most of the popular retro stuff from the past), I made a wise choice. :) But I wish I backed up more of my collection, as some were lost or became scratched to the point of being completely unreadable...

Anyway, no, it's not Clonk. ;) A small hint - it's somewhat of a Bomberman clone, but played like a 2D platformer.

CrashPL

Whoops, hope it's not TOO obscure. ;)

2nd hint: it's an Italian game, fairly popular back in the day on various shareware compilation CDs.

Amayirot Akago

It may have been popular in its day but I've still never seen it before now :X Fortunately your hint lead me in the right direction; it's Larax & Zaco, AKA Lezac. I'll let someone else take my turn.

milkanannan

Danvzare

Alone in the Dark?
Or at least a game made in the same engine.

Mouth for war

Jack in the dark?
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

milkanannan

Mouth for war

someone else can take my turn!
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Frodo

How about this one? 

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/Ar4jqlM.png[/imgzoom]

Click'd

This one is called The Feeble Files, or "Floyd: Es gibt noch Helden" in German.

Danvzare

Aww... I was going to guess Math Blaster. :~(

Frodo

Quote from: Cl... on Wed 03/01/2018 03:38:59
This one is called The Feeble Files, or "Floyd: Es gibt noch Helden" in German.

Feeble Files it is.  :grin:

Over to you, CL. 

Amayirot Akago

The Darkside Detective.

Gonna pass my turn to whomever wants it.

Kumpel

Gilbert

Looks a bit like one of the Wonderboy games, but the art style isn't similar.

CaptainD

Something about this looks familiar but I can't place it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk