Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Correct.
The obscure connection with the last game is that you can attack with a ball. :=

Danvzare

Quote from: Atavismus on Tue 13/03/2018 17:48:26
Soccer Kid?
I remember playing that game as a kid. :-D
I also remember finding Marko's Magic Football, and thinking they were the same game, because of how similar they were.

Atavismus

I played Soccer Kid (on Amiga ofc ^^) and it was very good.
Not my kind, but a high quality platformer with something more.

Anyway, what about this?

Amayirot Akago

That's either Dark Sun: Shattered Lands or Dark Sun: Wake Of The Ravager.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Thu 15/03/2018 08:10:59
I remember those games. They were sooooo good. And that definitely looks like one of them. I can tell from the menu icon in the top left corner.
I really should see about finishing them one day.

Atavismus

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Thu 15/03/2018 08:10:59
It's "Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager" indeed. ;)

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Butlins Holiday Camp Simulator 1984?

Atavismus

Another game from SSI?
(Strategic Simulations, Inc.)

dayowlron

If I had to guess it would be one of Interplay's early games.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Amayirot Akago

dayowlron might be on to something there ;)

Atavismus

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sat 17/03/2018 00:39:11
dayowlron might be on to something there ;)
Oh! I guess I know...
But dayowlron, talk first please. ;)

Atavismus

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 17/03/2018 12:37:28
Lord Of The Rings?
That's my bet too.
(Mind, I don't claim anything ; )

Amayirot Akago

Ben X

Sweet. "early Interplay" + "dude with ring" got me there pretty easily.

Here's what I think may be a tough one. I've had to censor the game title and designer name:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/1TQrdxZ.png[/imgzoom]

Mouth for war

"The guy who became pissed with Microsoft's Mine sweeper and takes matters into his own hands"? :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Amayirot Akago

EXTREME Violence. Never heard of it before but a quick look at My Abandonware's 1991 section gave me the answer :=

Ben X

Correct, and very clever detective work! I was hoping to find a game you hadn't heard of, so I'm glad I managed that at least!

Amayirot Akago

Wouldn't be the first one in this thread ;) Since I just had a turn I'll let someone else take mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk