Wierd things I remember but don't know much else about...

Started by Renodox, Mon 22/04/2013 19:59:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Renodox

There are some things that I've been searching for so I can finally get them out of my mind.  Unfortunately, there isn't much I can remember about them.  Anyway, if anyone knows anything about the source of these memories I'd appreciate some help finding the titles of the movies.  Thanks.

1. There was a movie I saw about someone who walks into a house that is seemingly empty.  Rolls of tape (the kind you'd find in a video or audio cassette) start coming off the rolls and follow after the guy blocking his way down the stairs and generally keeping him trapped.  Eventually, he falls to the ground and the tape wraps completely around him like a mummy.  The tape was animated with stop motion and it was aired on TV sometime in the 1980's.

2. A man ends up getting in trouble with the mob and they intend to kill him.  The police are also after him.  The few scenes I remember are that he's going to be thrown off the roof of a building but somehow manages to get the other to guys to fall off instead.  The crime boss ends up getting killed on a dog racing track when the rabbit crashes into him and smashes him against the wall.

3. The phrase "I'll have your guts for cold cuts!"

Ghost

Quote from: Renodox on Mon 22/04/2013 19:59:30
1. There was a movie I saw about someone who walks into a house that is seemingly empty.  Rolls of tape (the kind you'd find in a video or audio cassette) start coming off the rolls and follow after the guy blocking his way down the stairs and generally keeping him trapped.  Eventually, he falls to the ground and the tape wraps completely around him like a mummy.  The tape was animated with stop motion and it was aired on TV sometime in the 1980's.

That rings a bell... I remember something similar and I saw it on Dutch TV (American w/subtitles), must've been around 84, 85? Very "jerky" animation, and I think it was even black-and-white? Maybe the colours were just muted. The guy kept stumbling and moaning with the tape around him. I was pretty impressed by the image.

[edit]
Brr. This is better than Candle Cove!

Eric

Quote from: Renodox on Mon 22/04/2013 19:59:30

Here you go. Courtesy of detectives on another forum I frequent.

Renodox

THANK YOU!  Wow!  This is one of those things that I thought was lost to me.  I've been searching for so many things that I remember but never got to see again.  I almost thought my mind just made it up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk