THE BUM - Now available in German!

Started by Gribbler, Fri 26/04/2013 00:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasca

Beautiful game!

Parafia

All i can say is that i'm extremely happy that my work brings such positive emotions to all of You. For many years now, i'm stuck in mindless and imagineless corporate work and seeing this makes me want to take all the images and ideas that are born im my head daily and change them into colorful pixels. Thank you everyone :)

CaptainD

Enjoying it so far (though not so much the pixel hunts!  :P)

The shop is like one huge love letter to Monkey Island!  Some very funny moments in this game.  I also noticed nods to Fully Throttle and Broken Sword of course, I'm wondering how many I might have missed  :-D

Snake

EXCELLENT! This is one I've been looking forward to!

Downloading now! I will play sometime today, if not immediately after download... I am home today to take care of a sick wife and daughter, so an AGS game is a perfect thing for me to do in the meantime (besides work on one myself *winky-wink*)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Gribbler

Guys, I'm gonna upload updated version soon. I'll fix some of the bugging issues, particularly pixel hunting. Btw, the cause was that some objects which were going to be picked up did not have hotspots at all. There was only the object itself with the size of its layer in graphic program Parafia was using.

Fitz

Really fun so far. The characters are just hilarious, Roy being my personal favorite. I love the smart-assed, absurd humor -- and those nods towards the late LucasArts. And all the Poland-related stuff (as any patriot would!) :P The news item about Poland becoming a petrol paradise cracked me up :)

NickyNyce

Completed it!

A great game with interesting and fun characters, funny writing and a beautiful world to explore. The puzzles were logical and also fun to figure out. Thank you guys for making this and sharing it with everyone, Bravo!

Looking forward to your next project, you're off to a great start. 

KiraHaraReturns

just played it through and it was great

piperhcombs

I am currently playing, and as much I am enjoying it, I seem to have run into a problem. I am now at the stage where
Spoiler
I need the string for the firecracker, and according the helpful Shadow1000 over at the Hints & Tips forum, I should only have to look at the sneaker to get the shoelace from it to use as string.

Unfortunately, I have looked at the darn sneakers a thousand times, and all the bum does is describe it. I have even tried starting a new game, grabbing the sneaker right away and looking at it, and even looking at the sneaker while it's on the ground. He still does noting beyond describing it.
[close]

Is there some sort of a bug here? Or am I missing something?
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Gribbler

I really don't know what to say. I tested it and it works fine. The code also looks good. Maybe try to download the latest build and start the game over?

Gribbler

Also you could try

Spoiler
picking up the sneaker and looking at it right after the intro (skipped with ESC)
[close]

piperhcombs

Quote from: Gribbler on Tue 30/04/2013 15:27:34
Also you could try

Spoiler
picking up the sneaker and looking at it right after the intro (skipped with ESC)
[close]

I did that, I even tried redownloading it. On a different computer. Still won't let me have the string.

Gribbler

Hey piperhcombs, I think I found what is causing the bug you're experiencing. I will upload updated version of the game tonight. I do hope you did give up on the game and you'll try once more! :smiley:

Gribbler

The Bum version 1.01 is now ready for download. Some issues and bugs has been resolved: "cut-off" description letters, pixel hunting in you know where ( :smiley:), sneaker bug, and also biker puzzle continuity. To those who downloaded the game earlier but didn't play it yet, please download latest version. Thank you!

piperhcombs

Yay! It worked! Thanks!

Sslaxx

Minor issue here: You can pause the game anywhere, including on the initial logo and menu screen.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

piperhcombs

Quote from: Gribbler on Fri 26/04/2013 20:37:50
Thank you JSH for all the comments. We will draw conclusions (some people might go jump off a bridge, but never mind that)  (laugh)

QuoteIn some places you can't even click past the speech at all making it even worse(like the guitar guy song).
This was intentional because of the timing with the music. But you're right, it should've been skippable entirely with ESC. Btw, I had a problem with skippable cutscenes, namely the game was freezing after pressing ESC. It only worked in the intro for some reason.

I get the timing with the music, but the thing is, I'm one of those people who don't always play with the sound on. If I hadn't read these posts, I wouldn't have known why the text wasn't skippable. Maybe you could have some of caption or cue there that says something like "turn up the volume" so those of us who might be playable with the volume down know to turn it up to get the full effect.

MiteWiseacreLives!

On the topic of music, I only get music at the title screen not in the game, is this intended (super minimal music)?

piperhcombs

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Wed 01/05/2013 02:15:18
On the topic of music, I only get music at the title screen not in the game, is this intended (super minimal music)?

Well, there are some areas without music and in some places the background music in the game is pretty low key and quiet (at least for me) so if your volume isn't up too high, you might not hear it.  For instance, in the well, the music is almost equal in volume to the running water.

SarahLiz

Just finished the game...I have to say, I had a blast playing it.  I loved the humor and the puzzles were challenging but definitely attainable.  As soon as the bully came into the intro scene and I heard that familiar tune playing, I already knew it would be a lot of fun to play.  The graphics were just to my taste too, and I enjoyed the colorful backgrounds, simple enough but with great detail as well.  Beautiful game, deserves a GREAT rating.  I already can't wait to see what comes next!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk