THE BUM - Now available in German!

Started by Gribbler, Fri 26/04/2013 00:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

The game tells a story of a homeless man who communicates with the world using an old sock on his right hand. He's a huge football fan and plays it a lot near his backalley. One day he gets mugged by a wandering bully and loses his precious ball in the process. Now he must pull himself together, team up with a local superhero, find a new ball and confront his oppressor again.

And so here it is, folks! The idea for this game was conceived six years ago. And now, after five years of toe wiggling and wall staring, and one year of actual production, we have the GAME. It was a long and very personal journey. We hope you'll like what you'll play. Please do let us know in the comments!

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE
HAVE FUN!

kaput

Downloaded and am playing now - so far so good! A really nice and fresh looking game and the humor is spot on. I can tell I'm going to enjoy this  (nod)

kconan

I'll be downloading and playing this one...Looks like fun, and congrats on finishing!

Stupot

Well done Gribbler. Looks like a lot of fun. I'll download it later today.
Don't forget to rate, people!

Retro Wolf

With all that time spent in the rumpus room, how the bloody hell did you finish it?!  ;) DOWNLOADING!

arj0n

I'll keep this one for the weekend!

Gribbler

I just spend a lot of time in front of the computer, and of course I did not make the game alone, you know. Parafia is the author of all the graphics.

Enjoy the game! (laugh)

CaptainD

Congrats on the release!  Definitely looking good.

JSH

Holy shit, it's out! Congrats on the release Gribbler! :D Downloading now, this is gonna be a treat!

miguel

Congrats on releasing the game!
It will be my Sunday sweet!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

arj0n

Congrats Gribbler & Parafia.

Crimson Wizard

Game is really fresh looking and colorful!

ZapZap

Just finished it! Very cool game
Loved the
Spoiler
Horatio part and the football jokes
[close]
those really made me laugh
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Gribbler

Hooray Cleanic! You're the first one! I'm very happy you enjoyed the game!

Did you find easter egg with the creators? :smiley:

Fitz

Bede grau w gre ;)

Also, Parafia's personal text is one of my favorite quotes, too.

Parafia

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 26/04/2013 12:53:48
Bede grau w gre ;)

Also, Parafia's personal text is one of my favorite quotes, too.

Fitz I can tell you, when it comes to adventure games, I hold DOTT in highest regard. Appreciate it :)

MiŠ‚ego grania :)

Tabata

Cooool ~ it's out!  :cheesy:

Congrats for the release!

Finally I will be able to play with the sock puppet

Gribbler

QuoteFinally I will be able to play with the sock puppet

Welcome to the socker club! (laugh)

Ghost

I'm just past the first few puzzles, but this is potentially one of the funniest, beautiful AGS games I've ever played. Gorgeous backgrounds and animation, and good writing... it's a love letter to retro adventure games.

One little oddity- the floating "under cursor"-label-thingy repeatedly clips the font outline. In a game with such obvious polish it really stands out; it looks as if the GUI region isn't big enough for the label to fit:
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/dUBfh5O.png[/imgzoom]

Gribbler

QuoteOne little oddity- the floating "under cursor"-label-thingy repeatedly clips the font outline. In a game with such obvious polish it really stands out; it looks as if the GUI region isn't big enough for the label to fit

You mean the top of "f" letter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk