Unable to register on forums

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 10/05/2013 20:44:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

There seem to be people having issues registering on the forums, all they get is a page with "An Error Has Occurred!" written on it. I can't seem to find anything wrong in the error logs so I got no idea what could be wrong..

AGA

When you say people, do you mean anyone except the one person who mentioned it on IRC?  SMF does throw that error sometimes, but it never seems to be for any good reason!

Saltwater Taffy

It was just me! I think...though it may be affecting other people who may also be attempting to register atm, trying to register on three different computers all resulted in the same issue ;A;

I hope no one else runs into this problem and it was just a random glitch.

Thank you so much for fixing this so swiftly! <3

Tramponline

Are we talking about logging into the forums (members) here, or registering for the forums?
If the former, I get a log in error roughly 4 out of 10 times. (Tells me "Forbidden" and something
about index)
After simply refreshing the page, I'm in.

edit: ...aah, I see.

Saltwater Taffy

Quote from: Tramponline on Fri 10/05/2013 21:09:43
Are we talking about logging into the forums (members) here, or registering for the forums?
If the former, I get a log in error roughly 4 out of 10 times. (Tells me "Forbidden" and something
about index)
After simply refreshing the page, I'm in.

No, for me it simply wouldn't let me register an account. I go so far as to get past the registration quiz, accept the TOS, and type in a username, set my password, enter my email, print out the captcha and typed in "yes" to the question, "are you human?". Then when I tried to click the "REGISTER" button it threw an unspecified "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED...PS. I hate you" message at me.

Thinking it was me I tried this again over the next few hours after rebooting my computer several times, clearing my cache, trying again on Chrome, Firefox, and even *shivers* IE, and to my dismay nothing worked. :/

The admins had to manually register me an account, so I hope nobody else is running into this problem as well. So many keyboards will be smashed if that's the case. Haha :p

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk