Educating Adventures of Girl and Rabbit

Started by Ubel, Tue 16/07/2013 11:08:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubel

Lazy & Sleepy and Projectoholic present:
Educating Adventures of Girl and Rabbit

DOWNLOAD HERE!

A girl meets a rabbit called Bunny in a forest. He kindly teaches her all sorts of interesting and important things. What does she learn from it all? Who does she become? It remains to be seen.

Girl & Rabbit is the winner of BEST GAME and BEST CONCEPT/WRITING in the OROW8 competition. It was created in approximately 4 days for the competition and lots of love and frustration went into making it.

Now, meet the team behind the game!

Pablo
Graphics
Programming
Writing
Game Design

qptain Nemo
Writing
Game Design
Music
Sound

qptain Nemo

Woo! Alriiiight, time to stop pretending to gloat like a self-important prick for giggles and actually gloat some!

Again, thanks to everyone who votes for us. :) Developing the game and entering OROW was a blast. Not to mention how motivating it was. We've already started working on a new game.

I'll post the soundtrack in a short while.

LimpingFish

TIS IS TEH BESTEST GAYME I EVOR PLAY! MOAR PLZ!

Or words to that effect.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Monsieur OUXX

That game was pure insanity!
Loved it.

Grundislav

By far my favorite of the bunch.  It's hard to pull off good comedic timing, but the bit where you look at the carrots and get slapped a bunch, then there's that one final slap after the beat was 100% perfect.

qptain Nemo

Alright, I have released the soundtrack of Educating Adventures of Girl and Rabbit! I have even slightly improved the ending track or at least sincerely attempted to do so.

To extend the joke that the game is, I charge $100 for the soundtrack, unlike the rest of my albums that are pay what you want down to and including $0 aka free of charge.

Why would you pay $100 for this crap? Well, I can think of several possible reasons:

• You are a rich bastard and you feel you should atone for your riches/indulge yourself by buying random overpriced hipster crap.
  • You think indie developers deserve all support they can get.
  • You simply wish to endorse the game's message of violence, amorality, cruel treatment of children and overall personal degradation.
  • You're a gullible sucker.

Whatever your reasons are, thank you all for listening, playing, voting, saying nice words about our game and everything!

scab

The game is really funny, my kind of humour! :)

Fitz

Oh, this one was an unexpected gem ;) The grim humor took me by surprise -- but even when I got the hang of it and tried my best (or worst, depending on how you look at it), I wasn't as evil and amoral as the Bunny... ouch! I mean Rabbit! -- would've liked me to.

Also, absolutely, loved the graphics, especially the rural area. My favorite was the tree -- such a simple technique, yet so detailed.

Ilyich

A hilarious game, definitely my favourite game of OROW8 along with The Crystal Ball. I was sold on it from the very first slap - and from there it was all fun and lovely comedic darkness.

Actually, I liked that slap animation and sound so much, I answered several questions "wrong" on purpose. That doesn't make me a bad person, right? ;D

Ubel

I'm glad you guys have enjoyed it!

Quote from: Fitz on Sat 03/08/2013 08:38:59
Also, absolutely, loved the graphics, especially the rural area. My favorite was the tree -- such a simple technique, yet so detailed.

Thanks so much!

Quote from: Ilyich on Sat 03/08/2013 14:45:07
Actually, I liked that slap animation and sound so much, I answered several questions "wrong" on purpose. That doesn't make me a bad person, right? ;D

If it does then the game has pretty much served its purpose.

Chicky

Very well written and the animations were fun! *slap*

donkeymilk

You guys need to make more games,please!
You've got the gift of knowing whats funny and how to apply it to games.

dactylopus

This was an entertaining game, but I actually did poorly at it.  I suppose I played the game in the wrong frame of mind.

I did well with the shooting mini-game, though.  That was entertaining.  And I'll admit, like most people I enjoyed the slap.

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 04/08/2013 15:14:32
Very well written and the animations were fun! *slap*
Ta!

Quote from: donkeymilk on Mon 19/08/2013 17:09:43
You guys need to make more games,please!
That's the plan. We will make many more games.

Quote from: donkeymilk on Mon 19/08/2013 17:09:43
You've got the gift of knowing whats funny and how to apply it to games.
That's an incredibly nice thing to hear. Thank you.

Quote from: dactylopus on Mon 19/08/2013 20:34:51
This was an entertaining game, but I actually did poorly at it.  I suppose I played the game in the wrong frame of mind.
I did well with the shooting mini-game, though.  That was entertaining.  And I'll admit, like most people I enjoyed the slap.
Thank you. To be honest, I'm puzzled by what exactly do you mean by doing poorly at it. If you mean simply getting negative score, then you could say it's by design.

dactylopus

Fair enough, it was by design.

The graphics, music, gameplay, and programming were all great.  Much of it was pretty funny, too.

Paul Franzen

The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

Anian

I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ghost

Just replayed it this morning. The things I learned! I feel highly educationed now (nod)

donkeymilk

I have to keep redoing that slap:smiley:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk