Adventure Island

Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael2968

I got through the
Spoiler
temple of doom but I apparently was supposed to get something in the temple but I'm not sure what it was.
[close]
I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.

Thanks,
Michael

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52
I got through the
Spoiler
temple of doom but I apparently was supposed to get something in the temple but I'm not sure what it was.
[close]
I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.

When you get to the end room in the Temple of Doom, what is the main thing you see, but cannot so easily get hold of?  Think back to the start of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" where Indiana Jones had to retrieve something from an South American temple.  I hope this helps.

Cogliostro

Montezuma's Revenge:
Spoiler

Okay, in theme park, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings.  Use rope on the fallen tree, tied the pickaxe to the rope, but I'm not strong enough to dislodge it now.
[close]

Temple of Doom:
Spoiler

Make it into the second room, cannot use inventory, tried every combination I can think of with the switches.  Finally got the genuine plastic-resin Buddha, but I cannot get out of the room.  Help!
[close]

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Michael2968

On the Temple of Doom put
Spoiler
switches 1 and 3 in the on position and the other switches in the off position to open the door.
[close]
How did you get the
Spoiler
buddha off the pedestal?
[close]

Cogliostro

Quote from: Michael2968 on Wed 29/05/2013 19:46:38
On the Temple of Doom put
Spoiler
switches 1 and 3 in the on position and the other switches in the off position to open the door.
[close]
How did you get the
Spoiler
buddha off the pedestal?
[close]

I can't duplicate whatever it was I did earlier?!  Also, 1&3 didn't have any effect.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Michael2968

I figured out how to
Spoiler
get the buddha and get out of the temple.
[close]
Once you get
Spoiler
the buddha you set the switches to 1 and 3 and then you walk back and forth between the pedestal and the door until the door opens and once it opens it will stay open.
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Cogliostro on Wed 29/05/2013 17:22:15
Montezuma's Revenge:
Spoiler

Okay, in theme park, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings.  Use rope on the fallen tree, tied the pickaxe to the rope, but I'm not strong enough to dislodge it now.
[close]

Temple of Doom:
Spoiler

Make it into the second room, cannot use inventory, tried every combination I can think of with the switches.  Finally got the genuine plastic-resin Buddha, but I cannot get out of the room.  Help!
[close]

Montezuma's Mountain:
HINT
Spoiler

You don't have the strength to pull the log down, but you could try tying something else to the rope.  Have another look in the mine.
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

You need to open the explosives cupboard in the mine (use the oilcan from the lower level) and take out a sick of dynamite. Tie this to the end of the rope and pull it up - then stand clear!
[close]

Temple of Doom:
Spoiler

switches 1 & 2 on - 3 & 4 off, then step on plate to get Buddha.
switches 1 & 3 on - 2 & 4 off, then step on plate to open door.
[close]

Michael2968

In Montezuma's mountain how do you
Spoiler
get past the snake?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Thu 30/05/2013 12:02:41
In Montezuma's mountain how do you
Spoiler
get past the snake?
[close]

It's very easy....
Spoiler

When the snake rears up, hold the mouse over the snake's neck and you will see an Interact (hand) cursor.  Click on that (before the snake eats Annie!) and watch.  It's a sort of game of snakes and ladders!
[close]

I hope you are enjoying it so far.

Shadow1000

I am stuck in Montezuma as well. I'm in level 2 and I have the rope. I want to get the other items but I can't seem to put the rope down. I figured that if I go to the place where I picked it up, it should glow, allowing me to put it down, but no such luck. I can't seem to continue.

One thing I don't understand about this level is
Spoiler
that even without the pickaxe or explosives, I can just walk to the left to Level 3
[close]
. Is this supposed to happen?

Thank you

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 30/05/2013 16:02:56
I am stuck in Montezuma as well. I'm in level 2 and I have the rope. I want to get the other items but I can't seem to put the rope down. I figured that if I go to the place where I picked it up, it should glow, allowing me to put it down, but no such luck. I can't seem to continue.

Spoiler
that even without the pickaxe or explosives, I can just walk to the left to Level 3
[close]

If you want to get rid of the rope...
Spoiler

there is a hook on the wall in Level 2 (where the rope was hanging).  It is a little tricky to find the hotspot, but it should be there.  However, you may prefer to take the rope to Level 3 and try running your mouse over the log across the ravine.
Yes, once you have opened up the way to Level 3 you can walk between the levels with or without anything in your hand.
[close]
...just be careful with those bangers!

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 30/05/2013 17:03:20
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 30/05/2013 16:02:56

Spoiler
[close]

If you want to get rid of the rope...
Spoiler

there is a hook on the wall in Level 2 (where the rope was hanging).  It is a little tricky to find the hotspot, but it should be there.  However, you may prefer to take the rope to Level 3 and try running your mouse over the log across the ravine.
Yes, once you have opened up the way to Level 3 you can walk between the levels with or without anything in your hand.
[close]
...just be careful with those bangers!

I tried what you suggested about the hook but after 15 minutes, no luck so I gave up. I'll continue as suggested and see where that takes me.

Thank you :)

SHADOW

Michael2968

I am at the level in montezuma where
Spoiler
there are a bunch of stairs.
[close]
I know there is
Spoiler
some kind of pattern but I haven't figured it out yet.
[close]
I would appreciate a hint in the right direction. I am enjoying the game so far. I can see you put a lot of work into it.

Thanks,
Michael

Shadow1000

Quote from: Michael2968 on Thu 30/05/2013 23:24:59
Spoiler
[close]
I know there is
Spoiler
[close]
I would appreciate a hint in the right direction. I am enjoying the game so far. I can see you put a lot of work into it.

Thanks,
Michael

I got past it without detecting the exact pattern just by watching the steps and timing advancement accordingly based on when I thought a step might fail on me. That also took a few steps backward sometimes before advancing. It took a number of tries but I did complete it :)

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Thu 30/05/2013 23:24:59
Spoiler
[close]
I know there is
Spoiler
[close]
I would appreciate a hint in the right direction.

You are almost there...
Spoiler

The moving staircase is the last puzzle in this section and therefore the hardest, I reckon.  There is a pattern, a simple repeating sequence, so you could in theory map out where all the steps will be at any time.  However, I think Shodow1000's solution is probably less hard work, if you've got enough lives left.  If you lose all your lives you will have to start the section again (only Montezuma's Mountain, not the whole game!).  If you do, you should be able to whiz through the levels now you know what to do, and reach the temple with plenty of lives left.
[close]

Montezuma's Mountain is the only section of my game where Annie can die.

Michael2968

Thanks for your help. I finally
Spoiler
made it to the top of the stairs and got the prize.
[close]
Could you give me hint about the cave of the crystal skull? I am in the section with
Spoiler
all the skulls and I tried putting some of them on the pedestal but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Fri 31/05/2013 14:26:55
Could you give me hint about the cave of the crystal skull? I am in the section with
Spoiler
all the skulls and I tried putting some of them on the pedestal but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.
[close]

HINT
Spoiler

When you put the skulls on the plinth, look at their eyes.  Then have a look at the whole wall pattern and see if anything occurs to you.
[close]

This is one of my favourite puzzles!

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 17:13:45

Spoiler

When you put the skulls on the plinth, look at their eyes.  Then have a look at the whole wall pattern and see if anything occurs to you.
[close]

This is one of my favourite puzzles!

I got stuck at the same place.

Spoiler
I did notice by playing around that the eyes of the skull light up with different colours depending on where you took the skull from. I also noticed maps on the wall that correspond to the layout of the skull wheel. Other than that, I have no clue what's to be done. As well, I, like many others, can't see colours well enough to do anything if the colours are part of solving this puzzle so I hope that being able to relate the colour to what's on the map is not critical or I will have to ask someone for help
[close]

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 31/05/2013 17:39:59

Spoiler
I did notice by playing around that the eyes of the skull light up with different colours depending on where you took the skull from. I also noticed maps on the wall that correspond to the layout of the skull wheel. Other than that, I have no clue what's to be done. As well, I, like many others, can't see colours well enough to do anything if the colours are part of solving this puzzle so I hope that being able to relate the colour to what's on the map is not critical or I will have to ask someone for help
[close]

I am very sorry...
Spoiler

colour is important in this, and a few other of the puzzles in my game.  The four other wheel symbols on the wall are coloured with a combination of five colours - red, green, blue, yellow and white.  In each symbol different sections are in a different colour, so that for each section there are four colours on display.  The aim of the puzzle is to fill each section of the large 'skull' wheel with skulls whose eyes light in the missing colour for that section.
[close]

If you can't find anyone to help you with the puzzle, I could create a plan of the wheel with the skulls numbered, so that you could complete it that way.

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 21:56:11

Spoiler
[close]

I am very sorry...
Spoiler

colour is important in this, and a few other of the puzzles in my game.  The four other wheel symbols on the wall are coloured with a combination of five colours - red, green, blue, yellow and white.  In each symbol different sections are in a different colour, so that for each section there are four colours on display.  The aim of the puzzle is to fill each section of the large 'skull' wheel with skulls whose eyes light in the missing colour for that section.
[close]

If you can't find anyone to help you with the puzzle, I could create a plan of the wheel with the skulls numbered, so that you could complete it that way.

I'm not quite grasping the concept.
Spoiler
each of the four "maps" on the wall is missing one colour. Once I've identified which it's missing (btw - green/yellow look the same to me), how do I know which section on the big wheel has to be filled with skulls of the corresponding colour?

Example, let's say the wheel on the top left is missing white. How do I know on the big wheel which section should be filled with white-eyed skulls?
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 31/05/2013 22:08:40
Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 21:56:11

Spoiler
[close]

I am very sorry...
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
each of the four "maps" on the wall is missing one colour. Once I've identified which it's missing (btw - green/yellow look the same to me), how do I know which section on the big wheel has to be filled with skulls of the corresponding colour?

Example, let's say the wheel on the top left is missing white. How do I know on the big wheel which section should be filled with white-eyed skulls?
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

elentgirl

Spoiler

[close]

I'll try to explain it a little more clearly...
Spoiler

Each of the smaller wheels on the wall has all five colours on it.  The centre circle is colour 1, the sectors above and below the centre circle are colour 2, those to left and right of the centre are colour 3, the other ring is colour 4, and the four boxes are colour 5.  The colours for each section are different on each wheel, and as there are only four wheels, there is one (different) colour missing for each section.  You have to fill in that missing colour on each section of the big wheel.
[close]

I hope that is clear.

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 23:33:01
Spoiler

[close]

I'll try to explain it a little more clearly...
Spoiler

Each of the smaller wheels on the wall has all five colours on it.  The centre circle is colour 1, the sectors above and below the centre circle are colour 2, those to left and right of the centre are colour 3, the other ring is colour 4, and the four boxes are colour 5.  The colours for each section are different on each wheel, and as there are only four wheels, there is one (different) colour missing for each section.  You have to fill in that missing colour on each section of the big wheel.
[close]

I hope that is clear.

Ohhh...thanks for dummying it down for me. I get it now!

I will post my general comments on the game in the main forum.

SHADOW

Uziel

I'm at the same point that Cogliostro mentioned, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings. I read your hint as I was stuck. My problem is that I used the pickaxe on the rope first, and I can't seem to drop the pickaxe anywhere except on the rope. I go back to the mine, and there's no apparent hotspot to put it down again. If I try to tie the explosive anywhere, the only place that lights up is where the pickaxe is... which results in picking up the pickaxe and the explosive vanishing into the ether.... help?

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Sun 02/06/2013 10:32:13
I'm at the same point that Cogliostro mentioned, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings. I read your hint as I was stuck. My problem is that I used the pickaxe on the rope first, and I can't seem to drop the pickaxe anywhere except on the rope. I go back to the mine, and there's no apparent hotspot to put it down again. If I try to tie the explosive anywhere, the only place that lights up is where the pickaxe is... which results in picking up the pickaxe and the explosive vanishing into the ether.... help?

Are you playing the latest version of the game - v1.3?  In earlier versions there was a problem if you took either the pickaxe or rope down the ladder in the mine - then the hotspots where you put them back were turned off.  The latest patch (v1.2-1.3) should cure that problem.  Once you can put the pickaxe back you can tie the banger to the rope!
Sorry if this has caused you problems.

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 02/06/2013 11:49:54
Are you playing the latest version of the game - v1.3?  In earlier versions there was a problem if you took either the pickaxe or rope down the ladder in the mine - then the hotspots where you put them back were turned off.  The latest patch (v1.2-1.3) should cure that problem.  Once you can put the pickaxe back you can tie the banger to the rope!
Sorry if this has caused you problems.

Ah no, I wasn't. I didn't realise there was a bug at all. I had v1.1 installed. Just saw your post update around the bugs on the Completed Game Announcements subforum, so will download the patch and go from there. Thanks!

MonochromeMolly

Is there any chance of a guide or walkthrough? I'm loving this game, and making some progress, but I'm still stumped about a lot of things.

elentgirl

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Wed 05/06/2013 21:11:32
Is there any chance of a guide or walkthrough? I'm loving this game, and making some progress, but I'm still stumped about a lot of things.

I'm really glad you are enjoying my game.  Unfortunately I have not had a chance to put together a walkthrough.  It will be quite challenging as there are a number of different ways the game can be played.  A couple of the sections would have to be played two or three times to see all the possible interactions!  What I am happy to do is to give you a hint or two (or spoilers, if you prefer) if you let me know where you are stuck.  You can do this using this forum, or by messaging me privately, or by sending me an email.  My email address is on my profile.  I hope this helps.

Tinytim

Great game, very intriguing. What is the secret to crossing the chasm?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

elentgirl

Quote from: Tinytim on Thu 06/06/2013 14:28:23
Great game, very intriguing. What is the secret to crossing the chasm?

I presume you are talking about the chasm in the Fantasia section.  The secret is...
Spoiler
the Chromatron beside the chasm.  You need to work out how to activate it and how to use it.  Instructions can be found in a certain book.
[close]

Good hunting!

Tinytim

I understood all that from the book but where and how do you
Spoiler
draw the sigil
[close]
?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Tinytim

splat44

I am inside temple where the four status are.

Spoiler
Not sure how to figure which is which based on four elements found on book, I have burning oil as well
[close]

Questions:
Spoiler
(1)Must I put oil in basin and do fire ritual before changing symbol?
(2)Changing symbols, what is pattern I need using?
[close]

elentgirl

Regarding the four statues in the temple...
Spoiler
the clue to which God represents which element is on the floor of the room, and on the rear wall.
It makes no difference whether you set the symbol first or put the element in the bowl first.  You will not know whether you have it right until everything is right.
To work out which is the right symbol for each element you perhaps need to go back to school (in terms of the game only, of course!)
[close]
Good luck

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 07/06/2013 16:03:16
Regarding the four statues in the temple...
Spoiler
the clue to which God represents which element is on the floor of the room, and on the rear wall.
It makes no difference whether you set the symbol first or put the element in the bowl first.  You will not know whether you have it right until everything is right.
To work out which is the right symbol for each element you perhaps need to go back to school (in terms of the game only, of course!)
[close]
Good luck

Spoiler
I already figure which elements to use be just reading element page and the clue from school confirm this, I assume the clue in compass images in same room as statues but even this hardly determine which statues. Any hints?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 07/06/2013 19:25:37
Spoiler
I already figure which elements to use be just reading element page and the clue from school confirm this, I assume the clue in compass images in same room as statues but even this hardly determine which statues. Any hints?
[close]

HINT
Spoiler
There are two ways the compass can help. You could go outside the temple and look up at the four figurines on the corner towers and try to work out the orientation from these, or (more easily) you could look at the map
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 07/06/2013 23:15:59
Quote from: splat44 on Fri 07/06/2013 19:25:37
Spoiler
[close]

HINT
Spoiler
There are two ways the compass can help. You could go outside the temple and look up at the four figurines on the corner towers and try to work out the orientation from these, or (more easily) you could look at the map
[close]

Why didn't think about map?

Spoiler
If I understand correctly, elements are at each corner of map and are exact positions as we enter the room correct?

Spoiler
Air ... fire
Earth ... water
[close]

After put oil, lighting and changing elements accordingly, then why nothing is happening?
[close]

Tinytim

Is there a specific element for air?

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 00:44:51
Spoiler
If I understand correctly, elements are at each corner of map and are exact positions as we enter the room correct?
Air ... fire
Earth ... water
After put oil, lighting and changing elements accordingly, then why nothing is happening?
[close]

You have worked out the placing of the statues correctly!
Spoiler
If you now put the correct element in each bowl and set the correct symbol on each God, something will happen, I assure you.  Are sure you have the correct symbol for each?  Some of them look quite alike, but only the correct one will work.
[close]

Quote from: Tinytim on Sat 08/06/2013 14:10:48
Is there a specific element for air?

Spoiler
What is an "empty" bowl full of?
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sat 08/06/2013 14:58:10
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 00:44:51
Spoiler
Air ... fire
Earth ... water
[close]

You have worked out the placing of the statues correctly!
Spoiler
If you now put the correct element in each bowl and set the correct symbol on each God, something will happen, I assure you.  Are sure you have the correct symbol for each?  Some of them look quite alike, but only the correct one will work.
[close]

Now I understand about those four element, so I need finding those through game correct?

Here some questions

About portal to planet:
Spoiler
I know according access code, I know I need entering "this year + planet + vic" according access card found but cannot figure the exact code. I read something about planet name as GW40H and year halted was 3024. That's all I make of this
[close]

About hidden entrance mysterium:
Spoiler
I managed finding secret entrance but in the last room, I came across five buttons in which we can change between colors such "Yellow", "Orange" and perhaps "red". I believe I need getting artifact or element at church area?
[close]

Church area:
Spoiler
I know where I can the wooden key but thirst is never ending of that guy
[close]

Any hint of the above? I know I'm lots but due to difficulties of this game, I must!

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 16:02:41

Spoiler
I managed finding secret entrance but in the last room, I came across five buttons in which we can change between colors such "Yellow", "Orange" and perhaps "red". I believe I need getting artifact or element at church area?
[close]

Church area:
Spoiler
[close]

For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
Look at the railing outside.
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
The ale you are given isn't quite right for the job. You should modify it.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Sat 08/06/2013 20:09:55

Spoiler
[close]

Church area:
Spoiler
[close]

For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
[close]

For Abbey:
Spoiler
I figured that an extra item is needed but due hotspot difficulty showing, it's impossible locating that item. it's seem obvious it should be in kitchen but I'm not sure. Where exactly is that item and please indicated the hotspot?
[close]

Tinytim

What railing?
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 21:33:26
For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
[close]

For Abbey:
Spoiler
I figured that an extra item is needed but due hotspot difficulty showing, it's impossible locating that item. it's seem obvious it should be in kitchen but I'm not sure. Where exactly is that item and please indicated the hotspot?
[close]

Quote from: Tinytim on Sun 09/06/2013 13:51:50
What railing?
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

I think Splat44 is talking about the Mysterium control room...
Spoiler
the description of the five buttons sound like those on the console that controls the power to the lifts and bridge.  The railing is not far away!
[close]

In the Abbey section...
Spoiler
you do not need any extra item to solve the ale flagon puzzle - just try the red button!
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 09/06/2013 16:32:26
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 21:33:26
For the Mysterium,
Spoiler
[close]

For the Abbey,
Spoiler
[close]

For Abbey:
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Tinytim on Sun 09/06/2013 13:51:50
What railing?
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

I think Splat44 is talking about the Mysterium control room...
Spoiler
the description of the five buttons sound like those on the console that controls the power to the lifts and bridge.  The railing is not far away!
[close]

In the Abbey section...
Spoiler
you do not need any extra item to solve the ale flagon puzzle - just try the red button!
[close]

All right, I got it thanks for that PM MonochromeMolly!

In reliquary area:
Spoiler
I am a bit confuse to what to do in reliquary using artifact thing!

After seeing those balls, one of those is suspiously the same inside my inventory.
What is steps by steps instructions in this area?

Even by read helping of artifact area isn't clicking!
It's storing and copying area where it confusing!
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 18:59:53
In reliquary area:
Spoiler

After seeing those balls, one of those is suspiously the same inside my inventory.

[close]

In the reliquary..
Spoiler
When you scan the different balls you should find one that seems to be linked with your mission as Agent Smith.  That is the one you should STORE in your stasis field for future use.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 09/06/2013 21:29:37
Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 18:59:53
In reliquary area:
Spoiler

[close]

In the reliquary..
Spoiler
When you scan the different balls you should find one that seems to be linked with your mission as Agent Smith.  That is the one you should STORE in your stasis field for future use.
[close]

In the reliquary again:
Spoiler
So far the orange ball inside inventory seems to be same as the one in reliquary, assume that the one I need storing and if not then how would I know which ones to store? After scanning each balls, it says the same for each one of them
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 22:18:28
In the reliquary again:
Spoiler
So far the orange ball inside inventory seems to be same as the one in reliquary, assume that the one I need storing and if not then how would I know which ones to store? After scanning each balls, it says the same for each one of them
[close]

None of the objects in the reliquary has any direct link to anything in your inventory.
Spoiler
Not all five balls in the reliquary is identical - one has a significant difference which relates to your mission in the time matrix
[close]

About portal to planet:
Spoiler
I know according access code, I know I need entering "this year + planet + vic" according access card found but cannot figure the exact code. I read something about planet name as GW40H and year halted was 3024. That's all I make of this
[close]

I'm sorry, I missed this query earlier.  If you still need a hint...
Spoiler
The name of the planet is GW40K and you are correct about the year that mining halted.  Regarding the last part, look at what immediately follows it.  This is a bit of a brain teaser, something like a crossword puzzle clue.
[close]

Tinytim

My 2nd query doesn't appear to have been picked up
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Tinytim on Mon 10/06/2013 12:09:54
My 2nd query doesn't appear to have been picked up
Spoiler
what secret entrance?
[close]

I did pick this up earlier when I posted that I thought Splat44 was referring to the Mysterium control room.  I assume he called it secret because you need to solve a puzzle to access it.  Unless he has found a secret entrance that even I don't know about!

Tinytim

Total frustration! Is this puzzle to do with the pedestal/book and the code
Spoiler
at the bottom of the trumpet island picture?
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Tinytim on Mon 10/06/2013 16:11:25
Total frustration! Is this puzzle to do with the pedestal/book and the code
Spoiler
at the bottom of the trumpet island picture?
[close]

There two clues available:
Spoiler
You should have read book in one of rooms from building with many door, it should tell you where to look.
In mysterium area, look closely at left side of table
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 10/06/2013 10:22:47
Quote from: splat44 on Sun 09/06/2013 22:18:28
In the reliquary again:
Spoiler
[close]

None of the objects in the reliquary has any direct link to anything in your inventory.
Spoiler
Not all five balls in the reliquary is identical - one has a significant difference which relates to your mission in the time matrix
[close]

About portal to planet:
Spoiler
[close]

I'm sorry, I missed this query earlier.  If you still need a hint...
Spoiler
The name of the planet is GW40K and you are correct about the year that mining halted.  Regarding the last part, look at what immediately follows it.  This is a bit of a brain teaser, something like a crossword puzzle clue.
[close]

I've found the following scripting error in atlantis area:
reported here

Access code to planet:
Spoiler
I still haven't figure out "vic" word, I know there a maximum of 5 entries but adding "this year + planet + vic" seem to be 6 entries instead, any hint
[close]

Tinytim

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 10/06/2013 17:41:47

Access code to planet:
Spoiler
I still haven't figure out "vic" word, I know there a maximum of 5 entries but adding "this year + planet + vic" seem to be 6 entries instead, any hint
[close]

Thank you for highlighting the bug in the Atlantis section.  I think I know what is causing it - a global variable set wrongly - but I have not yet been able to find out where it is being set wrongly.  I'm working on it.

Regarding the access code in the Middle Earth section...
ANOTHER HINT
Spoiler
You are looking for a number, so you use only the number part of the planet's name (but think carefully about it). For the year, you use this year (in the game context). The bent arrow after VIC indicates that you should reverse it.  Does that resemble a number to you?
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

1. The number part of the planet's name is 40K = 40000
2. The information on the display panel tells you that excavations have been underway for a year, so this year is 3024+1 = 3025
3. VIC reversed is CIV, the Roman numerals for 104
TOTAL: 40000+3025+104 = 43129
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 11/06/2013 10:33:23
Quote from: splat44 on Mon 10/06/2013 17:41:47

Access code to planet:
Spoiler
[close]

Thank you for highlighting the bug in the Atlantis section.  I think I know what is causing it - a global variable set wrongly - but I have not yet been able to find out where it is being set wrongly.  I'm working on it.

ANOTHER HINT
Spoiler
You are looking for a number, so you use only the number part of the planet's name (but think carefully about it). For the year, you use this year (in the game context). The bent arrow after VIC indicates that you should reverse it.  Does that resemble a number to you?
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

2. The information on the display panel tells you that excavations have been underway for a year, so this year is 3024+1 = 3025
[close]

My goodness, I never would figure out this one, thanks and might get back with question in the planet area.

So the bug in Atlantis section does not prevents finishing this area?

Atlantis section:
Spoiler
so far I managed using room left (with elevator by going up next floor and next room, using that elevator few time then it breaks. Obviously there nothing do here as far I know. In room with gap, when using artifact scanner, the gap is being covered up but cannot cross it. Anything else I should be doing in Atlantis?
[close]

Uziel

I ended up re-downloading this game from scratch again, as reading all these posts, it was too good not to come back to. Great stuff elentgirl.

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/06/2013 03:47:59
Atlantis section:
Spoiler
so far I managed using room left (with elevator by going up next floor and next room, using that elevator few time then it breaks. Obviously there nothing do here as far I know. In room with gap, when using artifact scanner, the gap is being covered up but cannot cross it. Anything else I should be doing in Atlantis?
[close]

Spoiler
From what I recall, you have to go down the elevator once, then go into the room on the right. When you turn the lever in the room once, then the floor is covered, and you can cross into the next section.
[close]

I'm a little ways past that, still in Atlantis though. I've already gotten the correct ball in the Abbey, as the description is most certainly different from the other balls. Stuck at the statues... I'm guessing they are different weights and I need to put the right ones in the right buckets so it's level... just can't seem to get the combo right...

splat44

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 12/06/2013 05:18:13
I ended up re-downloading this game from scratch again, as reading all these posts, it was too good not to come back to. Great stuff elentgirl.

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/06/2013 03:47:59
Atlantis section:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
From what I recall, you have to go down the elevator once, then go into the room on the right. When you turn the lever in the room once, then the floor is covered, and you can cross into the next section.
[close]

I'm a little ways past that, still in Atlantis though. I've already gotten the correct ball in the Abbey, as the description is most certainly different from the other balls. Stuck at the statues... I'm guessing they are different weights and I need to put the right ones in the right buckets so it's level... just can't seem to get the combo right...

Thanks for this and it seems weights weight the same unless other clues are available!

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 12/06/2013 05:18:13

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/06/2013 07:01:22
Thanks for this and it seems weights weight the same unless other clues are available!

The weights in the temple antechamber are all different, the largest being the heaviest and the smallest the lightest.
Spoiler
The object of the puzzle is to make the balance level, but you don't necessarily have to use all the weights.
[close]

I'm glad you are enjoying the game. 

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 12/06/2013 09:38:19
The weights in the temple antechamber are all different, the largest being the heaviest and the smallest the lightest.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it another try shortly. I jumped into another section, and worked out the runic alphabet (yay) and the kings, getting both crystals in the process. But I can't work out the singing table. I know if all the crystals are pointed in a direction they "sing", but not sure which combo to use or where the clues are (as the board in the first room doesn't tell you much).

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 12/06/2013 10:58:47

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it another try shortly. I jumped into another section, and worked out the runic alphabet (yay) and the kings, getting both crystals in the process. But I can't work out the singing table. I know if all the crystals are pointed in a direction they "sing", but not sure which combo to use or where the clues are (as the board in the first room doesn't tell you much).

Well done for solving those two puzzles - I always thought they were the more difficult ones.  The singing table seems easier, to me at least.
HINT
Spoiler
There are two properties to the crystals on the table, one of which is the direction they are pointing.
[close]
FURTHER HINT if you still can't get it..
Spoiler
The other property is colour.  Try marrying the two.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 12/06/2013 13:56:22
Quote from: Uziel on Wed 12/06/2013 10:58:47

Well done for solving those two puzzles - I always thought they were the more difficult ones.  The singing table seems easier, to me at least.
HINT
Spoiler
There are two properties to the crystals on the table, one of which is the direction they are pointing.
[close]
FURTHER HINT if you still can't get it..
Spoiler
The other property is colour.  Try marrying the two.
[close]

Same here I will try those weight later.

By the way Uziel, how you able work out runic alphabet (yay) and the kings?
I know runic alphabet has something to do with locked mechanism and Kings has something to with placement (but I cannot figure it by reading remain pieces of table. Even if I look at wall in kings area and comparing with missing pieces, the story hardly fits.

About crystals table:
Spoiler
I'm not sure about directions(pointers) and colors. What do you mean by marrying the two? I also notice that when looking at table first time, top crystal properties are "pointing down" and "red", when changing all other crystals properties then when turn top crystal completely as it was before, it doesn't land on same color as it was. This is confusing. I first though color settings on crystals it might something to with colors on table's circular, if it is then I can't see connection. Any hint
[close]

Uziel

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 12/06/2013 19:26:28
By the way Uziel, how you able work out runic alphabet (yay) and the kings? I know runic alphabet has something to do with locked mechanism and Kings has something to with placement (but I cannot figure it by reading remain pieces of table. Even if I look at wall in kings area and comparing with missing pieces, the story hardly fits.

The way I worked out the Kings:
Spoiler
I remembered the tablet describing some of the kings in the first office, so wrote down the names of the kings in order, then mapped out the ones listed in the tablet which were obvious.
[close]

Answer: (if you really want it):
Spoiler
The tablets tell you that Thirgold was the last of the kings (thus it must have been Thirgold II who was the ninth), and that Aberarch was his grandfather, thus being the seventh king. We also learn in the tablets that there was only one king who was a man of learning known as the Peacemaker, who never faced a war. It made sense instantly that the only statue without a sword and holding a book was this man, thus Siegweldt was the Peacemaker, and we also learnt that Thirgold was his father. Lastly we learnt that Barrodir was the father of the Bold, and I honestly guessed on who the Bold was (since it could only be Fangred I, II or III at this point - as with all those clues, only Fangred IV could logically slot in as the 8th king), and went with the bloke with the large sword & no shield (showing he was bold in having no obvious defense) - Fangred II. With that settled, I slotted in the Fangreds' and Barrodir in the only sequence that made sense, since Aberarch, Fangred IV and Thirgold II were in fixed positions now. This resulted in the order of: Fangred I, Barrodir, Fangred II, Thirgold I, Siegweldt, Fangred III, Aberarch, Fangred IV, Thirgold II.
[close]

The way I worked out the runic alphabet:
Spoiler
I realised straight away that the tablet referencing the seven dwarfs was instantly a clue to the letters. Then based on the numbers of runes, I sussed that the 3 letter one was Doc, given the runes matched up for Dopey. Then on translating those, I had over half of the runic alphabet. Then on translating the tablet back in the first office, you could fill in the blanks to map out the entire alphabet (except for Q), which also subsequently gave you the instructions to open the vault.
[close]

elentgirl: Funny isn't it. I nailed both those puzzles in a matter of minutes... yet struggled with the singing table. We all have our strengths! This really is a fabulously detailed game. I'm so glad I re-downloaded the latest version to get through that earlier glitch. This is the best AGS game I've ever played.

elentgirl

About crystals table:
Spoiler
I'm not sure about directions(pointers) and colors. What do you mean by marrying the two? I also notice that when looking at table first time, top crystal properties are "pointing down" and "red", when changing all other crystals properties then when turn top crystal completely as it was before, it doesn't land on same color as it was. This is confusing. I first though color settings on crystals it might something to with colors on table's circular, if it is then I can't see connection. Any hint
[close]

HINT/SPOILER
Spoiler
What I mean about marrying direction and colour is: the crystal sing when they all point in one direction, so maybe all being the same is important.  What happens if they are all the same colour (nothing if they are pointing in all different directions).  But suppose they are all pointing the same way AND all the same colour?
As you turn each crystal the colour changes.  On most, the colours cycle through a selection that means they can be any colour in any direction, but one key crystal always has the same colour when pointing in each direction
[close]

Quote from: Uziel on Thu 13/06/2013 10:04:45
This really is a fabulously detailed game. I'm so glad I re-downloaded the latest version to get through that earlier glitch. This is the best AGS game I've ever played.

Thank you for your comments.  I'm really pleased you are enjoying the game.  I hope that when you have completed it you will rate it on the AGS Games page and maybe write a nice comment to encourage others to try it (unless you have changed your mind about it by then!)

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 13/06/2013 11:24:57
About crystals table:
Spoiler
[close]

HINT/SPOILER
Spoiler
What I mean about marrying direction and colour is: the crystal sing when they all point in one direction, so maybe all being the same is important.  What happens if they are all the same colour (nothing if they are pointing in all different directions).  But suppose they are all pointing the same way AND all the same colour?
As you turn each crystal the colour changes.  On most, the colours cycle through a selection that means they can be any colour in any direction, but one key crystal always has the same colour when pointing in each direction
[close]

Quote from: Uziel on Thu 13/06/2013 10:04:45
This really is a fabulously detailed game. I'm so glad I re-downloaded the latest version to get through that earlier glitch. This is the best AGS game I've ever played.

Thank you for your comments.  I'm really pleased you are enjoying the game.  I hope that when you have completed it you will rate it on the AGS Games page and maybe write a nice comment to encourage others to try it (unless you have changed your mind about it by then!)

Thanks Uziel and Elentgirl, I finally completed this area!

Crystal table:
Spoiler
ya! the trick is having all the same direction including same color. I did managed having all crystals green!
I think we need to refer color on table circular to figure the next color of next crystal. See below for example:
Start top crystal, point crystal downward, note the color. If color is green then the would be yellor or blue on next crystal.
Is this correct elentgirl? If not then I'm sure Uziel would certainly like a spoiler at this point
[close]

Based on following image, the bridge area is impossible solving, can you post an image indicating the number of moves here:?
Spoiler
[close]

Shadow1000

Not impossible...

SHADOW

Uziel

splat44: In regards to your crystal table theory, I didn't find there was too much order/structure in the way the colors appeared. It seemed fairly random to me.. I just kept turning crystals till they were in the right colour and gave me the gem. Nice to complete the area nonetheless, and move onto another one. :)

splat44

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 14/06/2013 04:15:07
Not impossible...

SHADOW

I know I need turning bridge vertical based on screenshot I previously provided, any hint where I should start?

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 13/06/2013 23:12:06
Crystal table:
Spoiler
ya! the trick is having all the same direction including same color. I did managed having all crystals green!
I think we need to refer color on table circular to figure the next color of next crystal. See below for example:
Start top crystal, point crystal downward, note the color. If color is green then the would be yellor or blue on next crystal.
Is this correct elentgirl? If not then I'm sure Uziel would certainly like a spoiler at this point
[close]

Your assumptions above are partly correct...
SPOILER
Spoiler
All the crystals need to be pointing the same way in the same colour.  Each crystal has a sequence of five colours that it cycles through as you turn it, so that it presents a different colour for each direction in a repeating cycle.  As there are six colours used altogether, there are some crystals that do not ever present one of the six possible colours.  The key to the puzzle is the centre crystal which has a sequence of only four colours, so that it always shows the same colour for the same direction.  There is only one colour that appears on every crystal, and the centre crystal gives you the needed direction for that colour.
[close]
It's a puzzle you have to solve by trial and error until you get it right.

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 14/06/2013 08:18:56
I know I need turning bridge vertical based on screenshot I previously provided, any hint where I should start?

HINT/SPOILER
Spoiler

This is a difficult puzzle, I admit, but not impossible to crack.  I know that a few player have got past it without a spoiler.  If you really can't work it our, I have posted a screenshot on line with the numbers 1-6 on the buttons(https://www.box.com/s/rid0c70yv3r0uulm49co).  If you press those buttons in that order you should end up with the correct pattern.  You then press the red button to turn the bridge
[close]
I hope that helps.

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 14/06/2013 12:45:28
Quote from: splat44 on Thu 13/06/2013 23:12:06
Crystal table:
Spoiler
[close]

Your assumptions above are partly correct...
SPOILER
Spoiler
All the crystals need to be pointing the same way in the same colour.  Each crystal has a sequence of five colours that it cycles through as you turn it, so that it presents a different colour for each direction in a repeating cycle.  As there are six colours used altogether, there are some crystals that do not ever present one of the six possible colours.  The key to the puzzle is the centre crystal which has a sequence of only four colours, so that it always shows the same colour for the same direction.  There is only one colour that appears on every crystal, and the centre crystal gives you the needed direction for that colour.
[close]
It's a puzzle you have to solve by trial and error until you get it right.

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 14/06/2013 08:18:56

HINT/SPOILER
Spoiler

This is a difficult puzzle, I admit, but not impossible to crack.  I know that a few player have got past it without a spoiler.  If you really can't work it our, I have posted a screenshot on line with the numbers 1-6 on the buttons(https://www.box.com/s/rid0c70yv3r0uulm49co).  If you press those buttons in that order you should end up with the correct pattern.  You then press the red button to turn the bridge
[close]
I hope that helps.

I appreciate you provided the bridge answer.
Regarding screenshot I submitted seems miss leading, we see some areas where are darken, I assumed those darken area were the ones that needed being highlighted. I suggest being careful.

shapes changing area:
Spoiler
I came across a clue showing series of shapes, I first though it has something to do in getting blue sphere (building with many door).
I came across area where we can replace shapes except first colum, I first thought we need replacing shapes according to buttons placement (see below)
Since first shape is "square" and the next one would be "circle" but it appears this isn't the answer. Based on clue I found after turning the bridge, what pattern I need following?
[close]

Weight area (atlantis)
Spoiler
I am trying all possible combinations but still without success.
I also though this isn't based on weight but based on images shown on weight.
If we exit this room, we see an image(top of entrance) which resemble one of the weight including images shown just before entering (elevator and blue phone booth) rooms.
So I tried using weight based on those images and still no success. I know we don't need using all weights as you previously said.
So what the pattern I need using?
I know there a clue with blue phone but I can't have access to it yet. If we're supposed using artifact scan before solving weight then bug still happen as I previously reported.
[close]

Uziel

Weight area (atlantis) (spoiler)
Spoiler
Don't use the larger/heaviest weight. I found by writing down the weights and then estimating their comparative weights based on a bit of testing, it was pretty easy work out which was heavier than which, and which combination would result in a balanced scale. Couldn't believe I was even stumped on this!
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Uziel on Sat 15/06/2013 05:43:38
Weight area (atlantis) (spoiler)
Spoiler
Don't use the larger/heaviest weight. I found by writing down the weights and then estimating their comparative weights based on a bit of testing, it was pretty easy work out which was heavier than which, and which combination would result in a balanced scale. Couldn't believe I was even stumped on this!
[close]

Four globes down, another four (I think) to go. :)
Still stuck on Mysterium right now!

Shape-changing area:
Spoiler
I suspect we need to find all four shape clues. I've found two so far, and I think a third. The first was on the window when crossing back over the bridge. The second was on the wall when the second lift was lowered. The third (I think it's linked to this) is depicted on the lower frame of the painting in the entry area of the Mysterium. I thought the fourth might be in the book of symbols... but none of the circle ones in there work....
[close]

Very much appreciate towards the weight area! I though I didn't used the larger/heaviest before! Thanks goodness this is solved!

I will double check the shapes though! So you're stuck in Mysterium? Let me know how I can help!

Uziel

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 15/06/2013 06:55:05I will double check the shapes though! So you're stuck in Mysterium? Let me know how I can help!

Ha! Just found the last Mysterium shape clue. Ingenious place to place it Elen! :)
Mysterium is all done.

Three places I'm still stuck:
1. In Fantasia. Struggling to work out how to start the Chromatron. I've read the book, realise that I need to do the sigil... but can't work out where. Do I draw it by hand, with the wand or something else?

2. Hedge Maze: Found the strange silver object (5 now?), and made it to the second hourglass. is there a time limit to reach here in time so the sands haven't run out? Can't work out what else to do.

3. Black Dog Manor: I've escaped the attic, and have the note. Nothing else though. The area feels done.. but no coloured globe? I've searched everywhere for hotspots... and nada. Even went back to the office (central part of the island), and nothing there either...

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Sat 15/06/2013 08:17:57
1. In Fantasia. Struggling to work out how to start the Chromatron. I've read the book, realise that I need to do the sigil... but can't work out where. Do I draw it by hand, with the wand or something else?
Spoiler
You don't need to draw the sigil, it already exists in the book. All you need to do is charge it with your wand.
[close]
2. Hedge Maze: Found the strange silver object (5 now?), and made it to the second hourglass. is there a time limit to reach here in time so the sands haven't run out? Can't work out what else to do.
Spoiler
Yes, that's what the the hourglasses are for.  But don't worry if you find it too hard - just keep trying.  Your patience will be rewarded.
[close]
3. Black Dog Manor: I've escaped the attic, and have the note. Nothing else though. The area feels done.. but no coloured globe? I've searched everywhere for hotspots... and nada. Even went back to the office (central part of the island), and nothing there either...
Spoiler
There is something more in the office. This part of the game is based upon the detective genre, so think detective looking for a secret hiding place.
[close]
I hope one of these hints will get you moving again.

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Sat 15/06/2013 12:15:25
Spoiler
There is something more in the office. This part of the game is based upon the detective genre, so think detective looking for a secret hiding place.
[close]

Hmm... I thought I was clever finding the
Spoiler
part of the amulet
[close]
in it's hiding place. Didn't think there'd be something else hidden away. Should've known to check more thoroughly!

splat44

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 15/06/2013 06:55:05I will double check the shapes though! So you're stuck in Mysterium? Let me know how I can help!

Ha! Just found the last Mysterium shape clue. Ingenious place to place it Elen! :)
Mysterium is all done.

Did managed with changing shapes? I'm still stuck at it!
Were only 3 clues you provided help with shapes changing?
If so, I don't the order including throw switches on left side!

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 15/06/2013 18:06:42

Uziel told you where he found three of the clues...
Shape-changing area:
Spoiler
I suspect we need to find all four shape clues. I've found two so far, and I think a third. The first was on the window when crossing back over the bridge. The second was on the wall when the second lift was lowered. The third (I think it's linked to this) is depicted on the lower frame of the painting in the entry area of the Mysterium. I thought the fourth might be in the book of symbols... but none of the circle ones in there work....
[close]
I thought the last one was the easiest to find..
Spoiler
The writing on the wall in the hut tells you to look behind.  What is the most obvious thing there to look behind?
[close]

Uziel

Apologise elen! I hate asking for so many hints!
Thanks for your hints on Fantasia too and the maze too. All completed. :)

Black Dog - Office: I've searched high and low, and other than where I found the second half of the amulet, I can't find anywhere else for the globe. Help?

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Sat 15/06/2013 22:18:41
Apologise elen! I hate asking for so many hints!
Thanks for your hints on Fantasia too and the maze too. All completed. :)

Black Dog - Office: I've searched high and low, and other than where I found the second half of the amulet, I can't find anywhere else for the globe. Help?

Please don't apologise - I enjoy following your progress and helping a little where I can. You are also helping me find out which puzzles are the hardest for people.  I might issue version 2 of the game with extra hints included for these.

In the Black Dog office..
HINT
Spoiler
there is a nice picture of the manor house that a close examination of might bring a reward
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
about a third of the way up the left hand side of the picture frame you will find a small hotspot for a hidden catch
[close]

Uziel

lol, I can't believe I missed that. I scoured the office looking for hotspots, and went over that 10 times.

One last question (possibly?) on the globes:
Spoiler
Firsty I assumed (thinking I was clever), that the colours correlated to the order of the colours at the base of the three number signposts around the island. Does the map in the globe room hint as to the order of the globes? I've mapped out the globes in the "map" order, and no dice. Also tried to do the colors outside, only realising that not all colours are shown, some of duplicated. Then thought about the pillars outside the room, but the colours don't seem to be in an obvious pattern.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sat 15/06/2013 21:49:27
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 15/06/2013 18:06:42

Uziel told you where he found three of the clues...
Shape-changing area:
Spoiler
[close]
I thought the last one was the easiest to find..
Spoiler
The writing on the wall in the hut tells you to look behind.  What is the most obvious thing there to look behind?
[close]

Alright let's recap!
shape clues:
Spoiler
Uzielsaid about the following clues:
1) bottom of picture frame (inside mysterium)
2) on wall after elevator (down)
3) left side of hut building

If "See behind isn't third clue then the fourth clue is obviously on very first colum (top - down) on changing shaps panel.

Now my question, how to manipulate changing shapes including with throw switches according to clues (from left side)?
I certainly can't see the order here!
[close]

About hotspot office:
Spoiler
Yes, I did found that hotspot as entgirl mentioned. I also found a hotspot top right inside drawer. Why is that?
[close]

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: Uziel on Sat 15/06/2013 23:34:46
lol, I can't believe I missed that. I scoured the office looking for hotspots, and went over that 10 times.

One last question (possibly?) on the globes:
Spoiler
Firsty I assumed (thinking I was clever), that the colours correlated to the order of the colours at the base of the three number signposts around the island. Does the map in the globe room hint as to the order of the globes? I've mapped out the globes in the "map" order, and no dice. Also tried to do the colors outside, only realising that not all colours are shown, some of duplicated. Then thought about the pillars outside the room, but the colours don't seem to be in an obvious pattern.
[close]

The map isn't related to that puzzle. It has to do with the doors inside the building. Look closely. Each set of doors has a symbol on it and a color above it.

Hint:
Spoiler
The symbols aren't just symbols, they mean something. You can read them quite easily.
[close]

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Each symbol is simply a number with the mirror image of itself on the other side. Just match the number to the color above it, then place the spheres in order.
[close]

Uziel

Thanks Monochrome Molly! Can't believe I missed that... looked everywhere except there. I have all the required items for the next room, but utterly no clue about the required address....

Splat44:
Shapechanging puzzle:
Spoiler
Turn around from the puzzle, and you'll find the last clue in the most obvious place! I missed it myself at first. Once you have all four clues, it's a simple method of matching the remaining three shapes - by clicking the silver shape buttons (since the first column cannot be altered), to match the clues. Problem solved! If you still haven't found the three clues I listed, make sure all windows are down - which is all your need the 3 throw switches for.
[close]

Black Manor Office:
Spoiler
I'm guessing you haven't started this area yet? The drawer does indeed have a hotspot in the top right corner, which is required to be pressed to allow you to do something else in the drawer. Something critical in allowing you to progress further in this area.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Uziel on Sun 16/06/2013 06:53:43
Thanks Monochrome Molly! Can't believe I missed that... looked everywhere except there. I have all the required items for the next room, but utterly no clue about the required address....

Splat44:
Shapechanging puzzle:
Spoiler
Turn around from the puzzle, and you'll find the last clue in the most obvious place! I missed it myself at first. Once you have all four clues, it's a simple method of matching the remaining three shapes - by clicking the silver shape buttons (since the first column cannot be altered), to match the clues. Problem solved! If you still haven't found the three clues I listed, make sure all windows are down - which is all your need the 3 throw switches for.
[close]

Black Manor Office:
Spoiler
I'm guessing you haven't started this area yet? The drawer does indeed have a hotspot in the top right corner, which is required to be pressed to allow you to do something else in the drawer. Something critical in allowing you to progress further in this area.
[close]

My goodness how I missed this!

You said you finshed fantasia?

I'm stuck here for quite some time!

Spoiler
Yes, I'm inside Gods temple and I know I have right symbols placement according to element (found from school and fro, spell book and I double check this few times)
Starting lower left and going clockwise the elements are: Earth, air fire and water.
Fire are lite in each basin

It seem that I need doing something else as to getting actual elements or something!
Can explain where I can find those?
I know water seem to have something to do with well but a container seem to be needed.
[close]

Maze:
Spoiler
I also got silver thing including some code shown on sphere, were there other thing I missed here?
You also mention something about hourglasses, I did carefull plan my route so to locate the other one but couldn't find a thing, can explain more on this?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 09:21:13

Spoiler
Yes, I'm inside Gods temple and I know I have right symbols placement according to element (found from school and fro, spell book and I double check this few times)
Starting lower left and going clockwise the elements are: Earth, air fire and water.

It seem that I need doing something else as to getting actual elements or something!
I know water seem to have something to do with well but a container seem to be needed.
[close]
The large inscription on the passage wall gives you the necessary clue..

Spoiler
each god needs the appropriate element in its bowl, earth for the earth god, etc.  All the items you need are available in the temple or its surrounds.
[close]
Maze:
Spoiler
I also got silver thing including some code shown on sphere, were there other thing I missed here?
You also mention something about hourglasses, I did carefull plan my route so to locate the other one but couldn't find a thing, can explain more on this?
[close]
In the maze..
Spoiler
the second hourglass in the centre of the maze.  You have to get from one to the other before the sand runs out!
[close]

It's funny how one can hide something in plain view - people are so used to seeing web addresses everywhere they don't notice them anymore!
Spoiler
The address you need appears in three similar places, near the start of the game.
[close]

Uziel

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 09:21:13You said you finshed fantasia?
Yep, finished all areas, except for what I think is the final room.

Temple of the Elements:
Spoiler
Right order, and assuming you have the symbols right, then the only thing remaining is the correct offering for each god. The god of fire would like some fiery oil of course, whilst the god of air wants... well.. air (so nothing). The gods of earth and water want their own offerings, akin to their own elements. Both of which can be found just outside the temple.. near the well. You do need something to carry the water... check the storeroom.
[close]

Maze:
Spoiler
Sounds like you got everything except for the second hourglass. I carefully went through the entire maze and it sounds like the only place you may not have gone is past the big tree. You can go left and right, but also forwards (mind you, I think you had to go left or right, then turn to go forwards around the tree. This is where the hourglass is. After finding it, I went back to the start and redid it in record time before the sands ran out (not sure who necessary this was).
[close]

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 09:32:16It's funny how one can hide something in plain view - people are so used to seeing web addresses everywhere they don't notice them anymore!

Lol, that's so true!  :grin:
I did see the first "extremely obvious" WWW, but I'll go put on my detective hunt and forage around some more. Thanks again Elen. :)

edit: Oh how ridiculously easy. I did see those right at the beginning, and just forgot about the URL itself, in place of the larger/primary text, which I did make a note of (luckily, it seems).

Tinytim

I only need one more ball. I assume I have to get an item from/relating to
Spoiler
each pirate
[close]
. How?        Okay found the hotspot

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tinytim on Thu 06/06/2013 16:56:25
Spoiler
draw the sigil
[close]
?

I'm stuck at the same place. There are no hostpots on that machine, you can't use any inventory item, nowhere to enter the incantation or draw the sigil, etc. I don't even see a starting point or something to experiment with.

SHADOW

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 16/06/2013 19:44:24
Quote from: Tinytim on Thu 06/06/2013 16:56:25
Spoiler
draw the sigil
[close]
?

I'm stuck at the same place. There are no hostpots on that machine, you can't use any inventory item, nowhere to enter the incantation or draw the sigil, etc. I don't even see a starting point or something to experiment with.

SHADOW

You CAN use an inventory item...on another inventory item.

Hint:
Spoiler
Specifically, the wand and the book.
[close]

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Turn the book to the page on colour magic and use the wand on the sigil there.
[close]

Quote from: Uziel on Sun 16/06/2013 09:43:49

Lol, that's so true!  :grin:
I did see the first "extremely obvious" WWW, but I'll go put on my detective hunt and forage around some more. Thanks again Elen. :)

edit: Oh how ridiculously easy. I did see those right at the beginning, and just forgot about the URL itself, in place of the larger/primary text, which I did make a note of (luckily, it seems).

I forgot about it as well. I knew I was going to feel dense once I had the answer!

Now if only I could figure out how to open the door to the control center. I tried loading a save and watching the pattern as he entered it, but I can't follow it.

Shadow1000

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Sun 16/06/2013 19:56:25
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 16/06/2013 19:44:24

SHADOW

You CAN use an inventory item...on another inventory item.

Hint:
Spoiler
Specifically, the wand and the book.
[close]

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Turn the book to the page on colour magic and use the wand on the sigil there.
[close]
Thank you. I honestly don't know how anyone was supposed to realistically figure that out, even now that I know the solution.

I appreciate your help; I can now continue.

Thank you

SHADOW

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 09:32:16

Spoiler

[close]
The large inscription on the passage wall gives you the necessary clue..

Spoiler
each god needs the appropriate element in its bowl, earth for the earth god, etc.  All the items you need are available in the temple or its surrounds.
[close]
Maze:
Spoiler
[close]
In the maze..
Spoiler
the second hourglass in the centre of the maze.  You have to get from one to the other before the sand runs out!
[close]

It's funny how one can hide something in plain view - people are so used to seeing web addresses everywhere they don't notice them anymore!
Spoiler
The address you need appears in three similar places, near the start of the game.
[close]

hourglass
Spoiler
I know where other hourglass which I believe is same area where we read some writing on a stone, what's should happen here? As soon I step on pavement, I see a hotspot on it but cannot do a thing and I did move as quickly as I can getting here! Yes, also did turn on the one from start.
[close]

meg$ta

I have played almost every AGS game(it seems like), and this one is by far one of my favorites!! I enjoyed the length (worked on it for a couple hours every night, and took me about 3 days) great puzzles, good graphics and scripting (only encountered one bug) and really enjoyed it! Wanted to tell you Congrats! Best game I have played in quite a while! Let me know if you have any others I'd love to give them a try. :grin:
meg$ta

elentgirl

Now if only I could figure out how to open the door to the control center. I tried loading a save and watching the pattern as he entered it, but I can't follow it.
HINT
Spoiler
Look at the arrangement of the buttons and then at the Wall of Fame.  Do you see a resemblance?  That might help you find the order.
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 21:09:27
hourglass
Spoiler
I know where other hourglass which I believe is same area where we read some writing on a stone, what's should happen here? As soon I step on pavement, I see a hotspot on it but cannot do a thing and I did move as quickly as I can getting here! Yes, also did turn on the one from start.
[close]
It is a matter of speed..
Spoiler
if you get to the second hourglass in time, pressing the button on it produces a result.  But if you can't get there quickly enough, just keep trying.  Your patience will be rewarded.
[close]

Quote from: meg$ta on Sun 16/06/2013 21:47:29
I have played almost every AGS game(it seems like), and this one is by far one of my favorites!! I enjoyed the length (worked on it for a couple hours every night, and took me about 3 days) great puzzles, good graphics and scripting (only encountered one bug) and really enjoyed it! Wanted to tell you Congrats! Best game I have played in quite a while! Let me know if you have any others I'd love to give them a try. :grin:
I'm pleased you enjoyed the game.  It would be much appreciated if you would rate the game on the AGS Games page and maybe add a comment to encourage others to try the game.
I have posted another AGS game, about five years ago, called Once Upon A Time.  I forgot to put my name in the 'people who worked on this game' slot so it does not show up on the Adventure Island entry, and I can't edit the original entry.  I fear that the link to that game may have been corrupted, but if you would like to try it, you can download it from: https://www.box.com/shared/gbozribk04
Don't expect too much from it. I learnt a lot from the responses of people who tried it and I think my new game is much, much better.

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 22:31:02
HINT
Spoiler
Look at the arrangement of the buttons and then at the Wall of Fame.  Do you see a resemblance?  That might help you find the order.
[close]

I can see that there 3 4x4 grids of game covers and 3 4x4 grids of buttons below. But I'm not seeing what to do with that.

Side note: my goodness you've played a lot of adventure games. Some of those even I haven't played.

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 22:31:02
HINT
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 21:09:27
hourglass
Spoiler
[close]
It is a matter of speed..
Spoiler
if you get to the second hourglass in time, pressing the button on it produces a result.  But if you can't get there quickly enough, just keep trying.  Your patience will be rewarded.
[close]

Quote from: meg$ta on Sun 16/06/2013 21:47:29
I'm pleased you enjoyed the game.  It would be much appreciated if you would rate the game on the AGS Games page and maybe add a comment to encourage others to try the game.
I have posted another AGS game, about five years ago, called Once Upon A Time.  I forgot to put my name in the 'people who worked on this game' slot so it does not show up on the Adventure Island entry, and I can't edit the original entry.  I fear that the link to that game may have been corrupted, but if you would like to try it, you can download it from: https://www.box.com/shared/gbozribk04
Don't expect too much from it. I learnt a lot from the responses of people who tried it and I think my new game is much, much better.

Maze
Spoiler
it's solved
[close]

Getting into house
Spoiler
So far I have 6 balls and cannot get dog mansion, I don't know but I suspect I need doing something inside area where parrot is (building with many door), it's seem that I putting on locket inside cage, if it not that then what what else I need being doing for getting into house?{/hide]
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Mon 17/06/2013 03:15:48
I can see that there 3 4x4 grids of game covers and 3 4x4 grids of buttons below. But I'm not seeing what to do with that.

Side note: my goodness you've played a lot of adventure games. Some of those even I haven't played.

I haven't played all the games on the wall of fame, though I have played quite a few.  I tried to get as broad a selection of adventure games as I could.  And they are the clue....
Spoiler
Somewhere else in the game there are games on display - with numbers!
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 08:06:35
Getting into house
Spoiler
So far I have 6 balls and cannot get dog mansion, I don't know but I suspect I need doing something inside area where parrot is (building with many door), it's seem that I putting on locket inside cage, if it not that then what what else I need being doing for getting into house?{/hide]
[close]
I think you are at the wrong end of the central tower...
Spoiler
You are clearly in the ship's cabin, which is all about pirates but nothing to do with Black Dog manor.  Try the other end of the tower and you will find a room with links to the manor.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 17/06/2013 14:20:51

I haven't played all the games on the wall of fame, though I have played quite a few.  I tried to get as broad a selection of adventure games as I could.  And they are the clue....
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 08:06:35
Getting into house
Spoiler
[close]
I think you are at the wrong end of the central tower...
Spoiler
You are clearly in the ship's cabin, which is all about pirates but nothing to do with Black Dog manor.  Try the other end of the tower and you will find a room with links to the manor.
[close]

Manor:
Spoiler
I know two other hotpots (top righ inside drawer and on picture frame) inside office. I recall reading uziel comment's escaping attic and it seem he were able getting into manor. I still get a message "I need a reason before", tried climbing tree and still. What else I need to be doing?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 17:14:30
Manor:
Spoiler
I know two other hotpots (top righ inside drawer and on picture frame) inside office. I recall reading uziel comment's escaping attic and it seem he were able getting into manor. I still get a message "I need a reason before", tried climbing tree and still. What else I need to be doing?
[close]

In the office..
Spoiler
you have to read the newspaper on the desk.  There is information in the paper that gives Annie an idea for getting into the manor.  If you replay this section and skip re-reading the paper, you will not get into the manor.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 17/06/2013 22:25:12
Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 17:14:30
Manor:
Spoiler
[close]

In the office..
Spoiler
you have to read the newspaper on the desk.  There is information in the paper that gives Annie an idea for getting into the manor.  If you replay this section and skip re-reading the paper, you will not get into the manor.
[close]

Manor..
Spoiler
strange, I read the newspaper several at the beginning of game and I guess I had to do other things in game before. Ok, I'm the manor, found half of amulet, three hotspots here (on clock and coat of arm and grandfather clock hallwa).
Attic room, found hidden place I put half of amulet, hotspots (door which can't be closes and on roof hole).

Other than other half of amulet, is there other thing I need doing here? If not then it back to office in which my next question isd on where to find clue toward safe
[close]

Shadow1000

Spoiler
[close]

Ok, I'll bite.

Where in the game...?

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 18/06/2013 18:23:45
Manor..
Spoiler
strange, I read the newspaper several at the beginning of game and I guess I had to do other things in game before. Ok, I'm the manor, found half of amulet, three hotspots here (on clock and coat of arm and grandfather clock hallwa).
Attic room, found hidden place I put half of amulet, hotspots (door which can't be closes and on roof hole).

Other than other half of amulet, is there other thing I need doing here? If not then it back to office in which my next question isd on where to find clue toward safe
[close]
Black Dog Manor:
Spoiler
You need the other half of the dog amulet to open the box in the attic cupboard.  What you find in the box could help you open the safe.
[close]

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 18/06/2013 19:46:24
Spoiler
[close]
Ok, I'll bite.

Where in the game...?

SHADOW
Do you remember..
Spoiler
seeing some Big Game Entertainment?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 18/06/2013 20:26:56

Do you remember..
Spoiler
[close]

Yes, I loaded a saved game and found the numbered games. I will see if I can figure out how to use that for the code...thank you

Hmmmm...still having trouble:
Spoiler
I assume that I'm to look at the 3 middle grids and they relate to the 3 grids on the bottom. What I did was click the corresponding position in the sequence matching the numbered games from the "other" place in the game to the position in the grids on the top. My problem is that there were only 4 games listed and it seems to want me to click 5 buttons. I'm also not sure that my approach is correct because there are 5 panels and I was ignoring the outer panels because the 4 games are all contained in the centre 3
[close]

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 18/06/2013 21:29:51
Hmmmm...still having trouble:
Spoiler
I assume that I'm to look at the 3 middle grids and they relate to the 3 grids on the bottom. What I did was click the corresponding position in the sequence matching the numbered games from the "other" place in the game to the position in the grids on the top. My problem is that there were only 4 games listed and it seems to want me to click 5 buttons. I'm also not sure that my approach is correct because there are 5 panels and I was ignoring the outer panels because the 4 games are all contained in the centre 3
[close]

SHADOW
You are correct that you use only the three middle grids.
Spoiler
You need to identify 5 games.  Where you saw the first four - 1 to 4, left to right - keep moving right and you will find a clue to number 5.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 18/06/2013 22:59:39

You are correct that you use only the three middle grids.
Spoiler
You need to identify 5 games.  Where you saw the first four - 1 to 4, left to right - keep moving right and you will find a clue to number 5.
[close]

Aha...got it. Thank you!

SHADOW

Uziel

Stuck again!

Control room:
Spoiler
I've destroyed all the totems, but the second I free the scientists, Kode comes in and kills me. Alternatively if I destroy the control centre, the same occurs. Is there a way to prevent Kode from entering, so I can free the scientists, then use the codes to save them, destroy the centre, and hightail my butt out of there?
[close]

Also... assuming a glitch. If I talk to the computer, the game seems to lock up after the second piece of dialogue from the computer. (I'm on v1.4)

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 18/06/2013 20:26:56
Quote from: splat44 on Tue 18/06/2013 18:23:45
Manor..
Spoiler

[close]
Black Dog Manor:
Spoiler
You need the other half of the dog amulet to open the box in the attic cupboard.  What you find in the box could help you open the safe.
[close]

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 18/06/2013 19:46:24
Spoiler
[close]
Ok, I'll bite.

Where in the game...?

SHADOW
Do you remember..
Spoiler
[close]

Manor...
Spoiler
where can I find this other half of dog amulet? There also an extra hotspot inside drawer (office) which I can't access yet. Other than hole from attic, I thought I came across another hotspot in attic but I can't seem locating for some reason. If there a way using hole (roof) will be great
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 19/06/2013 12:48:08

Manor...
Spoiler
where can I find this other half of dog amulet? There also an extra hotspot inside drawer (office) which I can't access yet. Other than hole from attic, I thought I came across another hotspot in attic but I can't seem locating for some reason. If there a way using hole (roof) will be great
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
I'm not sure which half you have. One half is in the drawer in the office (click the button then you can pull the drawer out further and the other half is being held by the corpse
[close]

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Wed 19/06/2013 12:15:03
Control room:
Spoiler
I've destroyed all the totems, but the second I free the scientists, Kode comes in and kills me. Alternatively if I destroy the control centre, the same occurs. Is there a way to prevent Kode from entering, so I can free the scientists, then use the codes to save them, destroy the centre, and hightail my butt out of there?
[close]
It's all a matter of timing at the end.
Spoiler
Kode goes away for a fixed amount of time, so it is up to you to get done as much as you can in the time.  I reckon few (if any) players will be able to get an "Excellent" rating on their first try, as it takes a while to figure out some of the puzzles, but once you know what to do it should be possible to do them much quicker.  It is possible to do everything with time to spare.
[close]
Quote from: Uziel on Wed 19/06/2013 12:15:03
Also... assuming a glitch. If I talk to the computer, the game seems to lock up after the second piece of dialogue from the computer. (I'm on v1.4)
I'm not quite sure what you mean by talking to the computer.  Where exactly does this lock-up happen?  I'll try to see if I can sort it out.

Manor...
Spoiler
[close]
In the attic..
Spoiler
The hole in the roof will come in handy a little later!
[close]

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 19/06/2013 16:10:53
Gosh! You do need to be quick! I managed to solve all the puzzles... except probably the easiest one knowing me...
Spoiler
I can't work out how to escape. You can't access your inventory once you set the detonation, and the only thing I can simply access at this point is the locked door...
[close]

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 19/06/2013 16:10:53I'm not quite sure what you mean by talking to the computer.  Where exactly does this lock-up happen?  I'll try to see if I can sort it out.

I clearly wasn't paying close attention the first time, it's not the computer, it's Kode. Once he leaves, there's a hotspot still active in the control room where he was standing, that when clicked will lock up the game everytime.

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Thu 20/06/2013 10:53:59
Gosh! You do need to be quick! I managed to solve all the puzzles... except probably the easiest one knowing me...
Spoiler
I can't work out how to escape. You can't access your inventory once you set the detonation, and the only thing I can simply access at this point is the locked door...
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
The locked door will soon be unlocked - the trick is not to be seen!
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
When Annie hears Kode approaching, she hides behind the door so that he can't see her when he enters.   When he goes into the control room to look for her, she can escape.
[close]
Quote from: Uziel on Thu 20/06/2013 10:53:59
I clearly wasn't paying close attention the first time, it's not the computer, it's Kode. Once he leaves, there's a hotspot still active in the control room where he was standing, that when clicked will lock up the game everytime.
Thank you for pointing that out.  All the times I tested that section and did not notice that!

BUG ALERT
In the final section of the game there is a hotspot where you talk to Chancellor Kode in the Control room, which is still visible as a Talk-to hotspot when you later re-enter the room.  DO NOT CLICK ON IT THE SECOND TIME!  It starts to replay the conversation (even though Kode is absent) and then locks up.  I will put this right in the next upgrade but in the meantime please avoid it.

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 20/06/2013 11:24:51
Spoiler
When Annie hears Kode approaching, she hides behind the door so that he can't see her when he enters.   When he goes into the control room to look for her, she can escape.
[close]

Geez... I can't seem to do this. Kode is only in the room for 1 sec. I can stand extremely close to the door, and still not seem to "escape" the room. He turns before I get out, everytime I've left the screen (seemingly through the door) and he spots me and stops me. Is there an arrow that should appear here or just click the cursor on the door? Because of the end dialogue over and over... it's sending me batty. ;)

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Thu 20/06/2013 11:56:10
Geez... I can't seem to do this. Kode is only in the room for 1 sec. I can stand extremely close to the door, and still not seem to "escape" the room. He turns before I get out, everytime I've left the screen (seemingly through the door) and he spots me and stops me. Is there an arrow that should appear here or just click the cursor on the door? Because of the end dialogue over and over... it's sending me batty. ;)

I should perhaps have mentioned that there is an arrow, as there is for every room exit.  It should be just to the right of the door near the bottom, where you would stand if you were leaving the room.

splat44

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 19/06/2013 15:02:41

Manor...
Spoiler
[close]

Answer:
Spoiler
I'm not sure which half you have. One half is in the drawer in the office (click the button then you can pull the drawer out further and the other half is being held by the corpse
[close]

SHADOW

Manor...
Spoiler
I finally solved amulet including sliding puzzle, what's pattern I need consider with those numbered buttons?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 19:56:45

Manor...
Spoiler
I finally solved amulet including sliding puzzle, what's pattern I need consider with those numbered buttons?
[close]

Spoiler
time of death...
[close]

SHADOW

splat44

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 20/06/2013 20:02:15
Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 19:56:45

Manor...
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
time of death...
[close]

SHADOW

Thanks SHADOW!

Parrot area...
Spoiler
I know I need hand or to use some on locket inside cage but I have a feeling it has something to do with a cloth (from spell book) used in fantisia but since I already solved that area, I might have forgotten something, if not, then where can I find what I need?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 20/06/2013 21:45:28
Parrot area...
Spoiler
I know I need hand or to use some on locket inside cage but I have a feeling it has something to do with a cloth (from spell book) used in fantisia but since I already solved that area, I might have forgotten something, if not, then where can I find what I need?
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
Because the parrot is so bad tempered you can't get the mirror from his cage, so you need to find something else to use.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 20/06/2013 23:24:13
Parrot area...
Spoiler
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
Because the parrot is so bad tempered you can't get the mirror from his cage, so you need to find something else to use.
[close]

parrot ...
Spoiler
where can I find this other thing? I am searching everywhere and cannot pin-point that.
[close]

Uziel

Elen - thanks for that last hint. Finished the game, and what a fabulous game it was! Sincere thanks for all your hard work!

Spoiler
where can I find this other thing? I am searching everywhere and cannot pin-point that.
[close]

Splat - there are two things you need to pacify our feathered friend.
The first:
Spoiler
can be purchased from the Pirate shop
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
requires that you reveal Captain Bones first, and then this item can be hung in a convenient place for our parrot friend.
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Fri 21/06/2013 11:09:49
The first:
Spoiler
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
requires that you reveal Captain Bones first, and then this item can be hung in a convenient place for our parrot friend.
[close]

There is also something nearer to hand that you can use as a temporary fix..
Spoiler
There is a highly polished locket on the table in the ship's cabin that can be used as a mirror for the parrot, but it is not necessary to use it to complete the game.  The reason I put it in was to help alert players to the idea of hanging something else in the cage, which you need to do later on, as Uziel says.  If you do hang the locket in the cage you can replace it when you have the correct object.
[close]

splat44

Elen - thanks for that last hint. Finished the game, and what a fabulous game it was! Sincere thanks for all your hard work!

Spoiler
[close]

The first:
Spoiler
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
[close]

Thanks shadow and elengirl, here what I did with parrot:

Spoiler
Gave seed and hung mirror as elentgirl pointed out, but if I need captain bones then where can it? (this is what I don't understand)
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 21/06/2013 15:52:37
Spoiler
Gave seed and hung mirror as elentgirl pointed out, but if I need captain bones then where can it? (this is what I don't understand)
[close]

If you have been to Buccaneer's creek..
Spoiler
you must have gone there to buy the seed.  While you were there, did you not talk to the pirate guarding the ship?  He will tell you what you need to find and who to get it from.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 21/06/2013 17:58:35
Quote from: splat44 on Fri 21/06/2013 15:52:37
Spoiler
[close]

If you have been to Buccaneer's creek..
Spoiler
you must have gone there to buy the seed.  While you were there, did you not talk to the pirate guarding the ship?  He will tell you what you need to find and who to get it from.
[close]

buccaneer's creek...
Spoiler
yes, I did all this and I know I need getting captain token. I also see a pirate in bar and cannot interact with yet! Anything else?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 21/06/2013 18:23:50
buccaneer's creek...
Spoiler
yes, I did all this and I know I need getting captain token. I also see a pirate in bar and cannot interact with yet! Anything else?
[close]
Buccaneer's Creek:
Spoiler
There should be a few more pirates to interact with in the back room of the inn!
[close]

splat44

Spoiler
[close]

The first:
Spoiler
[close]
The second:
Spoiler
[close]

Thanks elenygirl for pointing out inn back room, I would have never figure out!

Revealing Captain bones ...
Spoiler
how can I reveal the captain? I even spoke with captain hook and regardless which of the three captains I'm speaking to, not sure how to proceed from here.
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 22/06/2013 18:46:26
Spoiler
how can I reveal the captain? I even spoke with captain hook and regardless which of the three captains I'm speaking to, not sure how to proceed from here.
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
The curtain is important
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
You need to open the curtain, which means finding two things to do it with - a hook and a "pole"
[close]

Ndougou

I have no idea how to get through the mysterium part of this great game.
I already got 7 globes but am clueless at this Part.
Spoiler
Tried to enter the geometric symbols in both showcases - the ones from the frame of the painting and from page 8 in the book but nothing happens. And I also didn' see a railing or find a hidden entrance in the mysterium itself or in the corresponding room in the tower building...
[close]
Please, if anyone could walk me through what should be done here i would be happy...

splat44

Quote from: Ndougou on Sun 23/06/2013 20:09:30
I already got 7 globes but am clueless at this Part.
Spoiler
Tried to enter the geometric symbols in both showcases - the ones from the frame of the painting and from page 8 in the book but nothing happens. And I also didn' see a railing or find a hidden entrance in the mysterium itself or in the corresponding room in the tower building...
[close]
Please, if anyone could walk me through what should be done here i would be happy...

spoiler ...
Spoiler
Did you look at line 3 on 8 page?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Ndougou on Sun 23/06/2013 20:09:30
Spoiler
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
The symbols on line 3 of page 8 of the book in the Mysterium library should be set on the lectern in the library.  You then touch the picture and a secret door opens to the rest of that section, where you will find a railing and a number of other things.  The symbols on the bottom of the picture are important later on
[close]

Ndougou

@splat44 and especially elentgirl:

:-[ I don't know how I missed that. Seems like I wrote a wrong symbol-combination on my piece oif paper. Thanks for helping me back on the right path again. :) ;-D

splat44

Quote from: Ndougou on Sun 23/06/2013 22:19:39
@splat44 and especially elentgirl:

:-[ I don't know how I missed that. Seems like I wrote a wrong symbol-combination on my piece oif paper. Thanks for helping me back on the right path again. :) ;-D

No problems Ndougou, glad to have helped!

Quote from: elentgirl on Sat 22/06/2013 23:29:39
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 22/06/2013 18:46:26
Spoiler
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
The curtain is important
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler
You need to open the curtain, which means finding two things to do it with - a hook and a "pole"
[close]

Revealing captain bone...
Spoiler
So I need those things in opening curtains? I still in getting hook (seems I need putting something on table, not sure what) Is pole is wand and if not then where is it?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 24/06/2013 06:16:28
Spoiler
So I need those things in opening curtains? I still in getting hook (seems I need putting something on table, not sure what) Is pole is wand and if not then where is it?
[close]
Opening the curtain...
Spoiler
The barmaid might be able to help you with the hook, and you have to buy the 'pole'.
[close]

Ndougou

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks again.
And for your problem, in case elentgirls hint didn't already help you:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
Well, Captain Hook seems to be hungry - and remember that he is not a fan of peter pan and therefore hates everything that flies...
[close]
Spoiler
regarding the needed "Pole", maybe you should pay the pirate shop a visit...
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Ndougou on Mon 24/06/2013 22:58:46

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks again.
And for your problem, in case elentgirls hint didn't already help you:
Spoiler:
Spoiler
Well, Captain Hook seems to be hungry - and remember that he is not a fan of peter pan and therefore hates everything that flies...
[close]
Spoiler
regarding the needed "Pole", maybe you should pay the pirate shop a visit...
[close]

I know, I already solved this. Thanks for your input!

I'm stuck with web address input.
Spoiler
Several comments seems saying address is in three location in near game beginning? Where exactly are they?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 25/06/2013 00:38:07
Spoiler
Several comments seems saying address is in three location in near game beginning? Where exactly are they?
[close]
Web address..
Spoiler
There are three rather obvious objects near the start of the game, which you have passed many times.  Have another look at one of them.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Tue 25/06/2013 14:04:03
Quote from: splat44 on Tue 25/06/2013 00:38:07
Spoiler
[close]
Web address..
Spoiler
There are three rather obvious objects near the start of the game, which you have passed many times.  Have another look at one of them.
[close]

Web address...
Spoiler
The only possible web address I've found has something to do with "Lost horizon tours" even if I type address as seen there, it always wrong and unsure about extension! Anything else?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 26/06/2013 16:24:44
Web address..
Spoiler
[close]

Web address...
Spoiler
The only possible web address I've found has something to do with "Lost horizon tours" even if I type address as seen there, it always wrong and unsure about extension! Anything else?
[close]
Spoiler
The three objects I referred to earlier stand beside the three main paths of the island.  Annie has walked past them many times.
[close]

inkman

Bug Puzzel and a question.

game version 1.4
3 bugs or a bug family?
Hint: globals I think.

in the room with the lemmings. The hotspot will remain after, the bridge has been blown up. Click on it again, and Annie will do a little dance and the game will freeze.

In the mysterium. The book and picture puzzel will not work, if you go and get the orb, from the room second to the last on the left side of the tower, and come back to it.

In the pirateshop. I would like to buy the seeds, I have the coins, but the hotspot on the clark has gone, and all I did was talk to him.

Question: I the maze: I have found 2 x hourglass. See a number in a crystalball. What am I missing?

By the way, nice game

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Wed 26/06/2013 22:17:53
Quote from: splat44 on Wed 26/06/2013 16:24:44
Web address..
Spoiler
[close]

Web address...
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
The three objects I referred to earlier stand beside the three main paths of the island.  Annie has walked past them many times.
[close]

Ha, I got it!
Games wall button...
Spoiler
I tried mimicking same clicks when that guy is opening panel but between second and third click, I have problems in figuring position! So what's the pattern to use here?
[close]

Edited

games wall buttons - solved ...
Spoiler
The clue is found in amusement park. However, I was force to start to new game to actually see it. Once we reach the game buttons area, it's not possible going back where we were before. If there no such way in traveling back elentgirl, it might help to enable this in the future so new game wouldn't be started!
[close]

Quote from: inkman on Thu 27/06/2013 13:16:04
Bug Puzzel and a question.

game version 1.4
3 bugs or a bug family?
Hint: globals I think.

in the room with the lemmings. The hotspot will remain after, the bridge has been blown up. Click on it again, and Annie will do a little dance and the game will freeze.

In the mysterium. The book and picture puzzel will not work, if you go and get the orb, from the room second to the last on the left side of the tower, and come back to it.

In the pirateshop. I would like to buy the seeds, I have the coins, but the hotspot on the clark has gone, and all I did was talk to him.

Question: I the maze: I have found 2 x hourglass. See a number in a crystalball. What am I missing?

By the way, nice game

Pirate shop...
Spoiler
did you tried putting coin on counter?
[close]

Maze - hours glass...
Spoiler
It's a matter of speed. What I did? Starting from starting point, I traveled to see the shortest route in getting to other hours glass! Since I knew the shortest way, I clicked on first hour glass and go the same way as I found and click on button on other one. Be sure to be quick though!
[close]

Andy

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 27/06/2013 17:51:37
Games wall button...
Spoiler
I tried mimicking same clicks when that guy is opening panel but between second and third click, I have problems in figuring position! So what's the pattern to use here?
[close]

Games wall button...

Spoiler
Games, games....there maybe somewhere you have seen some of these games before in this game?
[close]

elentgirl

Thank you for reporting these bugs.  This first one is one that slipped through the net.  Thank you for noticing it.  It will be fixed in the next version.
I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Getting the blue globe from the book in the tower room is the goal of that section.  Why would you want to operate the book in the library once you have the globe?
This bug has been fixed in version 1.5.  There is also a patch to update version 1.4 to version 1.5.  Unfortunately you will need to replay that section after using the patch.  The patch can be downloaded from: https://www.box.com/s/j096fb33cuvxd6f86h2i

By the way, nice game
Splat44 has already answered this question.  What I will add is that if you don't succeed in doing it the first time, keep trying (but don't reload a saved game). Patience will be rewarded.
I'm glad you like my game.

splat44

In control room ...
Spoiler
this area I am dying often after few clicks which is confusion as to what to next. I see a control at far left and what I need doing there?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 28/06/2013 20:20:59
In control room ...
Spoiler
this area I am dying often after few clicks which is confusion as to what to next. I see a control at far left and what I need doing there?
[close]
There are four things Annie can do in the control room...
Spoiler
1. Free the scientists from the containment area.  2. Return the scientists to the island using the Actualiser.  3. Destroy the Totems with the Digital Cannon.  4. Set the Self Destruct mechanism to blow up the facility.
[close]

axxesfun

First of all, elentgirl, thank you very much for this great game. Congratulations for creating such a complex game in this quite perfect form. It contains everything a nice adventure game should have!  (nod)

However, it seems finally I really need a small hint please...
Spoiler

I still cant figure out how to deal with the runes. Even if I had any translation, I dont see how to enter this into the given machine. It is the very last thing I am missing in this area (to get the last crystal, I guess) and for getting the last marble.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: axxesfun on Sun 30/06/2013 16:00:31
... Congratulations for creating such a complex game in this quite perfect form. It contains everything a nice adventure game should have!  (nod)

I agree! I really enjoyed the game as well. It's very well designed and planned.
Spoiler

I still cant figure out how to deal with the runes. Even if I had any translation, I dont see how to enter this into the given machine. It is the very last thing I am missing in this area (to get the last crystal, I guess) and for getting the last marble.
[close]

Answer:

Spoiler
You are looking at the names of the seven dwarves from Snow White. Use that to work out the symbols corresponding to letters from the English alphabet. THEN, go back to the first room where the different artifacts are displayed and use the key you've created to decipher the instructions on opening the vault.
[close]

Come back if you get stuck! Good luck

SHADOW

axxesfun

Thanks Shadow! But even the hint of Uziel did not work well for me. Maybe I am just a bit too blind on those runes.

Spoiler
...based on the numbers of runes, I sussed that the 3 letter one was Doc, given the runes matched up for Dopey... Still I dunno how he figured out the 3 letter word means "DOC" and "DOPEY" is the 5 letter word? Then I shall continue by just only GUESSING all the rest? really? First dwarf name I get "XXeepy"... and it does not ring any bell in my head for any common english name I know of. Seems very difficult and -at least for me- nearly impossible to solve it this way!
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: axxesfun on Mon 01/07/2013 00:13:00
Thanks Shadow! But even the hint of Uziel did not work well for me. Maybe I am just a bit too blind on those runes.

Spoiler
...based on the numbers of runes, I sussed that the 3 letter one was Doc, given the runes matched up for Dopey... Still I dunno how he figured out the 3 letter word means "DOC" and "DOPEY" is the 5 letter word? Then I shall continue by just only GUESSING all the rest? really? First dwarf name I get "XXeepy"... and it does not ring any bell in my head for any common english name I know of. Seems very difficult and -at least for me- nearly impossible to solve it this way!
[close]
Translating the runes...
Spoiler
The names of the seven dwarves are those in the story of Snow White, and in case any players are not familiar with these I have put a Fairy History in the schoolroom which gives enough of the dwarf names for the rune alphabet to be cracked.
[close]
I'm sorry you are having so much difficulty with this.

axxesfun

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 01/07/2013 10:31:24
Quote from: axxesfun on Mon 01/07/2013 00:13:00

Spoiler
[close]
Translating the runes...
Spoiler
The names of the seven dwarves are those in the story of Snow White, and in case any players are not familiar with these I have put a Fairy History in the schoolroom which gives enough of the dwarf names for the rune alphabet to be cracked.
[close]
I'm sorry you are having so much difficulty with this.

Thanks elentgirl - well, got it finally! The riddle was quite some challenge...
Spoiler
Who would have thought of the need to re-read an old story in a different place. Beside this one, I would also rate the website and the games wall solution very well hidden.

But since you cant return back in time at the "game wall", the player is forced to load a saved game or -if unavailable- restart the game. Now that I am trying to solve the endgame, I really think another 30sec. or better an addionation 1 minute extra time would have been better. Also for destroying the totems, using the pc mouse for this situation is bit of a hassle, cause you really need to point & hit into a quite small gfx frame. Unfortuantely "arrow-keys + space-key" are not an option here.
[close]

In case the game would not contain these 3 tiny issues, I would have rated it 100/100 points... (roll)
Again, Thank you for 3 days of great adventure game fun. To me, it seems like you worked a 100 times longer doing it...

elentgirl

Quote from: axxesfun on Mon 01/07/2013 23:39:35
Spoiler
Who would have thought of the need to re-read an old story in a different place. Beside this one, I would also rate the website and the games wall solution very well hidden.

But since you cant return back in time at the "game wall", the player is forced to load a saved game or -if unavailable- restart the game. Now that I am trying to solve the endgame, I really think another 30sec. or better an addionation 1 minute extra time would have been better. Also for destroying the totems, using the pc mouse for this situation is bit of a hassle, cause you really need to point & hit into a quite small gfx frame. Unfortuantely "arrow-keys + space-key" are not an option here.
[close]

In case the game would not contain these 3 tiny issues, I would have rated it 100/100 points... (roll)
Again, Thank you for 3 days of great adventure game fun. To me, it seems like you worked a 100 times longer doing it...

Thank you for your generous rating of my game (I hope you will rate it on the games page!) I hope the small 'niggles' did not spoil your enjoyment too much.
Regarding your comments:
You are not alone in complaining about having to go back to collect information once you get into the tower.  I plead guilty to making a game for players who - like me - tend to work through a game with a pencil and paper at their side, making notes of anything that looks significant.  I did ensure that the player could not get stuck on the final section needing an item he had missed picking up.  I assumed that most player would have previously saved games they could nip back to for a look at something they'd seen earlier but not noted down.
The Retro Digital Cannon..
Spoiler
I did consider making the keyboard available for this part, but I really did want the game to be keyboard controlled only (having to switch to the keyboard part way through a mouse controlled game is a personal bugbear. Sorry!) Besides, destroying all the totems is not critical to completing the game - you can even get an 'Excellent' rating without destroying all of them.  It is possible to get 100% score using the mouse - I have done it a couple of times and I'm no great shakes on this type of game!
[close]
The timing on the whole end section may be a little tight.  A number of players have raised this criticism and I intend to address it in version 2 of the game, which I am currently working on.  This will include a number of additions and modification made in response to comments from players such as yourself.  Thank you for your feedback.

StormyFae

Loving the game so far.

Had a couple of problems but finally worked them out. Never would have figured out the middle Earth code without this thread!

Stuck near the end.

Spoiler
I'm stuck at the control room. I am missing one silver battery thing. I don't remember where all I found them. Is there a list of locations for them so I don't have to go do the whole game again looking for them?
[close]

Thanks for a great game!
Stormy

elentgirl

Quote from: StormyFae on Tue 16/07/2013 22:58:04
Stuck near the end.

Spoiler
I'm stuck at the control room. I am missing one silver battery thing. I don't remember where all I found them. Is there a list of locations for them so I don't have to go do the whole game again looking for them?
[close]

Collecting the last object..
Spoiler
If you return to the anteroom where you had to put the globes into the 'dial', there is a map of the island with six lights showing the approximate locations of the silver objects.  When Annie picks each one up that light goes out, so look for the glowing red light.  That will tell you which area you need to search for the last object.
[close]
If you still can't find it, let me know which section it is in and I'll give you the precise location.
Good luck,
Elen

StormyFae

Oh got it. Was wondering what those things signified.

Finally finished. Very excellent game overall. I absolutely loved loved loved the Middle Earth part. I love runes.
And if I'm not mistaken:
Spoiler
They are the actual runes used by Tolkien in The Hobbit aren't they?
[close]
I loved that part almost as much as I hated the shooter in the end. But once I realized that
Spoiler
You don't hzve to shoot them all
[close]
it was OK.

Very enjoyable game. Hope to see more from you!

elentgirl

Quote from: StormyFae on Thu 18/07/2013 01:11:56
Finally finished. Very excellent game overall.
I'm really glad you enjoyed the game, and sorry you didn't like the Space Invader clone - I've tried to include something for everyone!  I was wondering whether you would consider rating my game on the AGS games page as a guide for other potential players, and maybe even add a brief comment?
Quote from: StormyFae on Thu 18/07/2013 01:11:56
I absolutely loved loved loved the Middle Earth part. I love runes.
And if I'm not mistaken:
Spoiler
They are the actual runes used by Tolkien in The Hobbit aren't they?
[close]
The runes used for the Dwarf Vault were actually adapted from a book I have of runes and other old signs (very useful for this type of game!)  Maybe Tolkien used a similar source for his.  What you may have noticed is that I used the runes from around the entrance to the Mines of Moria on the top of the stargate leading to Middle Earth.  The game is full of such allusions.
Elen

sthomannch

Beautiful game! Congratulations.
With a bit of persistence, I finally got to the control room. Needed help from this thread for
Spoiler

door to control room (sounds) and spell book. It was not so obvious to me how to cast spells
[close]
But now, I am stuck at the end
Spoiler

In the control room, what do I do with the monitor left of the cannon? I know how to start the destruction mechanism, played space invaders (100%) and I think that I solved the puzzle to the far left. At least, after opening a way from left to right, the hand cursor vanishes.
[close]
Ooo, perhaps these "lamp posts" at the forks with the www link on them...

That was it, now for the tight timing...

elentgirl

Quote from: sthomannch on Fri 19/07/2013 22:29:28
But now, I am stuck at the end
Spoiler

In the control room, what do I do with the monitor left of the cannon? I know how to start the destruction mechanism, played space invaders (100%) and I think that I solved the puzzle to the far left. At least, after opening a way from left to right, the hand cursor vanishes.
[close]
Ooo, perhaps these "lamp posts" at the forks with the www link on them...
You are on the right track...
Spoiler
the colours at top and bottom of the Actualiser control panel tell you which number goes where.  When you completed the cell door puzzle, Annie should have gone to the phone and directed the scientists to the Transfer Bay.
[close]

SolemnGong

Hello. I'm having some trouble with the hedge maze. First-person adventure games really aren't my thing at all, and I'm not too fond of mazes, but I've loved everything else in the game so far, and I'd really like to finish it.

Spoiler
I found both hourglasses, and I know that I need to turn the hourglass at the start of the maze and then run to the second hourglass. The problem is that I can never make it to the second hourglass in time. It always takes me at least 45 seconds to get to the second hourglass when I should be getting there in less than 30 seconds. What is the best way to get to the second hourglass? Here is the path I've been taking: after going around the tree and past Jack's note, I go left, straight, right, straight, left, straight, left, straight, left, straight, right, straight, left, straight, left, straight.
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: SolemnGong on Sat 20/07/2013 05:41:32
Hello. I'm having some trouble with the hedge maze. First-person adventure games really aren't my thing at all, and I'm not too fond of mazes, but I've loved everything else in the game so far, and I'd really like to finish it.

Spoiler
I found both hourglasses, and I know that I need to turn the hourglass at the start of the maze and then run to the second hourglass. The problem is that I can never make it to the second hourglass in time. It always takes me at least 45 seconds to get to the second hourglass when I should be getting there in less than 30 seconds. What is the best way to get to the second hourglass? Here is the path I've been taking: after going around the tree and past Jack's note, I go left, straight, right, straight, left, straight, left, straight, left, straight, right, straight, left, straight, left, straight.
[close]
You have found the shortest path...
Spoiler
I realised when making the game that timed sections such as my maze can cause problems, so I built in a safety net.  That is what the text on the stone at the centre of the maze refers to: Robert the Bruce and the spider - try, try and try again.  If you make three attempts, the last attempt will work regardless of whether you do it in the allotted time, but you must not reload the game to do it, otherwise the program sees each attempt as the first one.
[close]
Good luck
Elen

SolemnGong

Hi Elen,

Thanks for the tip, but I'm still having trouble with this part.

Spoiler
I tried going from the first hourglass to the second hourglass four times without reloading, but I was still unable to click the second hourglass. Do I need to find the stone at the center of the maze first? I do not believe I have found the stone yet.
[close]

PpC

Church area:
Spoiler
[close]
Any hint of the above? I know I'm lots but due to difficulties of this game, I must!
Spoiler
Maybe you can make him drink something else ?
[close]

PpC

First of all: Thanks for the game !!!!
I am stuck in a couple of places where some help would be very good:
Spoiler
In the black dog mansion, I escaped from the attic and came back, there is a "hand" icon on the typewritter but when I click it nothing happens.
[close]
Spoiler
Entry code. Can't figure out what is VIC. I tried 2581, 2034, 2035 and 40. The plus sign means actually adding or appending ?
(found it in another posting  :-) )
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: SolemnGong on Sat 20/07/2013 17:40:50
Thanks for the tip, but I'm still having trouble with this part.
Spoiler
I tried going from the first hourglass to the second hourglass four times without reloading, but I was still unable to click the second hourglass. Do I need to find the stone at the center of the maze first? I do not believe I have found the stone yet.
[close]
I don't understand why this is not working for you.
Spoiler
You don't have to see the stone I referred to before you can operate the second hourglass.  The stone is the one with the plaque at the other end of the paved strip in the maze centre.  When Annie is standing on this paved area the hotspot for the stone is active, as is that for the second hourglass.  When you click on the hourglass you should get a similar close-up view to that at the start of the maze, but when you push the button nothing happens other than just a click, unless you have reached it in time or have tried three times.  Then a door in the pedestal should open.
[close]
If you cannot get it to work, please let me know exactly what you are doing and I will do some further testing.

Quote from: PpC on Sun 21/07/2013 02:16:12
I am stuck in a couple of places where some help would be very good:
Spoiler
In the black dog mansion, I escaped from the attic and came back, there is a "hand" icon on the typewritter but when I click it nothing happens.
[close]
Where is the typewriter you are referring to?
Quote from: PpC on Sun 21/07/2013 02:16:12
Spoiler
Entry code. Can't figure out what is VIC. I tried 2581, 2034, 2035 and 40. The plus sign means actually adding or appending ?
(found it in another posting  :-) )
[close]
HINT
Spoiler
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

[close]
Good luck
Elen

PpC

The typewriter is on the floor, under the window, to the left of the cabinet with the puzzle.

elentgirl

Quote from: PpC on Sun 21/07/2013 16:47:02
The typewriter is on the floor, under the window, to the left of the cabinet with the puzzle.
I had forgotten about that typewriter as it is just part of the junk in the attic and has no part in the game.
Spoiler
If there is a hotspot active there it must be one of those for pushing the boxes that has not turned off properly.  I shall look into that.  I thought you meant you had gone back to the office in the tower, which is where you need to go to make progress.
[close]
Good luck,
Elen

PpC

Thanks, not only you made an amazing game but you are amazing at replying ultra fast :-)

CelticWarrior72

Elen,

I've been playing Adventure Island since reading about it on AdventureGamers.com last month.  I'm old school having started out on text adventures on the Amstrad CPC 464 in the 1980's and have played a ton of different games over the years.

Firstly, let me say Adventure Island is really, really good.  The puzzles are challenging -  I've needed a few hints and tips from this forum to get me through, but for the most part they are logical and have sufficient hints along the way.

I'll bet this took a long time to create.  I loved the non-liner nature of the game and how the different worlds were self contained.  I've been playing it on and off for the last few weeks.  Thank you very much for the time an effort you put into it.

Regards,

CelticWarrior72

elentgirl

Hello Celtic Warrior

I'm really glad you are enjoying my game.  It did take a fair amount of time to make - 5 years.  I hope you are playing version 2 which has a number of improvements suggested by other players, plus I have added a couple of short cut scenes to improve the ending (hopefully!).  I am currently working on a Player Guide to replace the ad hoc hints on this forum.  It should be available very soon.

If I could ask a favour, would you please rate my game once you have completed it and add your thoughts to those others have already posted on the AGS GAmes page.  Independent reviews help potential players decide whether or not Adventure Island is a game for them.

Many thanks,
Elen

CelticWarrior72

I played v1.5.  It was good enough to give a really good flavor for the experience.  I'll add my thoughts to the AGS Games Page and leave a review as requested.

- CW

Mischief

Can anyone give me the areas that power cells are found.  I am at the end game (I think) but only have 5 cells.  I have been to all the areas again but can't see it.  Please give me a clue.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mischief on Sun 18/08/2013 19:21:28
Can anyone give me the areas that power cells are found.  I am at the end game (I think) but only have 5 cells.  I have been to all the areas again but can't see it.  Please give me a clue.

In the room where you enter the globes, there is a map on the wall. If you look at it carefully, you'll see a map of the island, indicating where the mysterious objects are located. The one you are missing will be highlighted.

If you want more detail, please say so.

SHADOW

Mischief

Great.  Thanks Shadow.  Loving this game - don't want it to end.

elentgirl

Quote from: Mischief on Mon 19/08/2013 09:33:44
Loving this game - don't want it to end.

I'm really pleased that you are enjoying my game, though from your earlier question I suspect that you are entering the final section.  When you have finished it, would you be prepared to rate it in the AGS games section to help other potential players decide whether or not to download it?

Thank you and good luck,
Elen

Mischief

Absolutely Elen.  Although the way I am going with the end game, you may be waiting a long time.:grin:

elentgirl

Quote from: Mischief on Wed 21/08/2013 19:50:15
Absolutely Elen.  Although the way I am going with the end game, you may be waiting a long time.:grin:

Thank you.  I am about to publish a Player Guide for my game to help people struggling with the puzzles.  If you would find a sneak preview helpful I can send you a link.

Good luck,
Elen

Eli

Wontherful game... I'm stack ... which number to open safe? Other... do I need another skull to complete that part with the colored eyes of the skulls? I have the problem I red in Hits to pich up the blue baloom... although I put the correct shapes... Thanks a lot and sorry my English

elentgirl

Quote from: Eli on Wed 28/08/2013 21:28:41
Wontherful game... I'm stack ... which number to open safe? Other... do I need another skull to complete that part with the colored eyes of the skulls? I have the problem I red in Hits to pich up the blue baloom... although I put the correct shapes... Thanks a lot and sorry my English
I'm glad you like my game.  ;-D  You seem to be having trouble in a number of places, so rather than try to answer all your questions individually, I am giving you a link to download the Player Guide I have made to help players stuck on the puzzles.  I am still doing final testing before I publish it, but it should help you where you are stuck.
https://app.box.com/s/hyzxihdal3aevsoqqde2
Good luck,
Elen

elentgirl

I have created a Player Guide to provide help for players struggling with the puzzles in Adventure Island.

The Player Guide can be downloaded from: https://app.box.com/s/hyzxihdal3aevsoqqde2

dbuske

Does the skulls eye color change each time the individual skull is in the corret square.
or do I have to get everyone right do see the eye color. I know I can put it in that one square and see the color.
It is way to difficult and time consuming?
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

elentgirl

Quote from: dbuske on Thu 12/09/2013 18:35:53
Does the skulls eye color change each time the individual skull is in the corret square.

The eye colour of each skull stays the same wherever it is put.  Once you have worked out which colours go where, it is simply a matter of rearranging the skulls using the plinth to tell you the eye colour of each skull.  I suppose it is a bit like a game of Patience in a way, but if you work systematically it does not take long to complete.

Eli

Yes, thanks a lot Elentgirl, but it seems to me that one skull is mising (to of for me) and that let me stuck...

bye

elentgirl

Quote from: Eli on Sun 15/09/2013 22:24:57
Yes, thanks a lot Elentgirl, but it seems to me that one skull is mising (to of for me) and that let me stuck...

Oh dear, I'm not sure how that has happened.  There was a bug in this section in the very early versions of the game, in which you could lose a skull if you left the close-up view while holding a skull, but that was fixed back in about version 1.3 or 1.4, I think.  To solve your problem you may have to restart that section of the game, but if you are playing an older version (anything before version 2), I would recommend upgrading.

Good luck,
Elen

Eli

ok, I'll try, thanks a lot.. and congratulations for this game so nice and amusing and good!!!

elentgirl

Quote from: Eli on Tue 17/09/2013 14:34:56
congratulations for this game so nice and amusing and good!!!

I'm very pleased that you are enjoying my game.  If you still feel the same when you have finished it, maybe you might think about rating it on the AGS games page, and even maybe post your impressions of it?  I want as many people as possible to enjoy the game.

Many thanks,
Elen

HandsFree

I've finished the game. Loved it!
But is says that I didn't complete all tasks.

Spoiler
I did all 4 puzzles in the control centre (as per players guide) but it keeps saying I failed to destroy the avatar's control centre.
[close]
What could I have missed?

Mandle

Quote from: HandsFree on Sun 18/10/2015 12:16:50
I've finished the game. Loved it!
But is says that I didn't complete all tasks.

Spoiler
I did all 4 puzzles in the control centre (as per players guide) but it keeps saying I failed to destroy the avatar's control centre.
[close]
What could I have missed?

I can't remember exactly how the boss-lair puzzles go but...

I do remember:

Spoiler
The explosion as you are running away being one of the memorable tropes of this game...
[close]

And I especially love seeing anything about this game showing up in AGS forums as it is one of the pinacles of what an AGS game can be and a milestone in adventure game development overall...

Oh...And by the way HandsFree:

Spoiler
The Stephen King game is still very much under development...I will get back to you with extra info regarding music as the original MAGS project has grown into much more...Hell, I'm his NUMBER ONE fan after all!!!
[close]

HandsFree

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 19/10/2015 16:47:10
I can't remember exactly how the boss-lair puzzles go but...

I do remember:

Spoiler
The explosion as you are running away being one of the memorable tropes of this game...
[close]
But in my game that doesn't happen.>:(
I did
Spoiler
push the button and entered the code, but there's no explosion.
[close]
Should I do something else?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk