Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 31/05/2013 22:08:40
Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 21:56:11
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 31/05/2013 17:39:59
I got stuck at the same place.

Spoiler
I did notice by playing around that the eyes of the skull light up with different colours depending on where you took the skull from. I also noticed maps on the wall that correspond to the layout of the skull wheel. Other than that, I have no clue what's to be done. As well, I, like many others, can't see colours well enough to do anything if the colours are part of solving this puzzle so I hope that being able to relate the colour to what's on the map is not critical or I will have to ask someone for help
[close]

I am very sorry...
Spoiler

colour is important in this, and a few other of the puzzles in my game.  The four other wheel symbols on the wall are coloured with a combination of five colours - red, green, blue, yellow and white.  In each symbol different sections are in a different colour, so that for each section there are four colours on display.  The aim of the puzzle is to fill each section of the large 'skull' wheel with skulls whose eyes light in the missing colour for that section.
[close]

If you can't find anyone to help you with the puzzle, I could create a plan of the wheel with the skulls numbered, so that you could complete it that way.

I'm not quite grasping the concept.
Spoiler
each of the four "maps" on the wall is missing one colour. Once I've identified which it's missing (btw - green/yellow look the same to me), how do I know which section on the big wheel has to be filled with skulls of the corresponding colour?

Example, let's say the wheel on the top left is missing white. How do I know on the big wheel which section should be filled with white-eyed skulls?
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

elentgirl

Spoiler
each of the four "maps" on the wall is missing one colour. Once I've identified which it's missing (btw - green/yellow look the same to me), how do I know which section on the big wheel has to be filled with skulls of the corresponding colour?

Example, let's say the wheel on the top left is missing white. How do I know on the big wheel which section should be filled with white-eyed skulls?
[close]

I'll try to explain it a little more clearly...
Spoiler

Each of the smaller wheels on the wall has all five colours on it.  The centre circle is colour 1, the sectors above and below the centre circle are colour 2, those to left and right of the centre are colour 3, the other ring is colour 4, and the four boxes are colour 5.  The colours for each section are different on each wheel, and as there are only four wheels, there is one (different) colour missing for each section.  You have to fill in that missing colour on each section of the big wheel.
[close]

I hope that is clear.

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 23:33:01
Spoiler

[close]

I'll try to explain it a little more clearly...
Spoiler

Each of the smaller wheels on the wall has all five colours on it.  The centre circle is colour 1, the sectors above and below the centre circle are colour 2, those to left and right of the centre are colour 3, the other ring is colour 4, and the four boxes are colour 5.  The colours for each section are different on each wheel, and as there are only four wheels, there is one (different) colour missing for each section.  You have to fill in that missing colour on each section of the big wheel.
[close]

I hope that is clear.

Ohhh...thanks for dummying it down for me. I get it now!

I will post my general comments on the game in the main forum.

SHADOW

Uziel

I'm at the same point that Cogliostro mentioned, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings. I read your hint as I was stuck. My problem is that I used the pickaxe on the rope first, and I can't seem to drop the pickaxe anywhere except on the rope. I go back to the mine, and there's no apparent hotspot to put it down again. If I try to tie the explosive anywhere, the only place that lights up is where the pickaxe is... which results in picking up the pickaxe and the explosive vanishing into the ether.... help?

elentgirl

Quote from: Uziel on Sun 02/06/2013 10:32:13
I'm at the same point that Cogliostro mentioned, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings. I read your hint as I was stuck. My problem is that I used the pickaxe on the rope first, and I can't seem to drop the pickaxe anywhere except on the rope. I go back to the mine, and there's no apparent hotspot to put it down again. If I try to tie the explosive anywhere, the only place that lights up is where the pickaxe is... which results in picking up the pickaxe and the explosive vanishing into the ether.... help?

Are you playing the latest version of the game - v1.3?  In earlier versions there was a problem if you took either the pickaxe or rope down the ladder in the mine - then the hotspots where you put them back were turned off.  The latest patch (v1.2-1.3) should cure that problem.  Once you can put the pickaxe back you can tie the banger to the rope!
Sorry if this has caused you problems.

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 02/06/2013 11:49:54
Are you playing the latest version of the game - v1.3?  In earlier versions there was a problem if you took either the pickaxe or rope down the ladder in the mine - then the hotspots where you put them back were turned off.  The latest patch (v1.2-1.3) should cure that problem.  Once you can put the pickaxe back you can tie the banger to the rope!
Sorry if this has caused you problems.

Ah no, I wasn't. I didn't realise there was a bug at all. I had v1.1 installed. Just saw your post update around the bugs on the Completed Game Announcements subforum, so will download the patch and go from there. Thanks!

MonochromeMolly

Is there any chance of a guide or walkthrough? I'm loving this game, and making some progress, but I'm still stumped about a lot of things.

elentgirl

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Wed 05/06/2013 21:11:32
Is there any chance of a guide or walkthrough? I'm loving this game, and making some progress, but I'm still stumped about a lot of things.

I'm really glad you are enjoying my game.  Unfortunately I have not had a chance to put together a walkthrough.  It will be quite challenging as there are a number of different ways the game can be played.  A couple of the sections would have to be played two or three times to see all the possible interactions!  What I am happy to do is to give you a hint or two (or spoilers, if you prefer) if you let me know where you are stuck.  You can do this using this forum, or by messaging me privately, or by sending me an email.  My email address is on my profile.  I hope this helps.

Tinytim

Great game, very intriguing. What is the secret to crossing the chasm?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

elentgirl

Quote from: Tinytim on Thu 06/06/2013 14:28:23
Great game, very intriguing. What is the secret to crossing the chasm?

I presume you are talking about the chasm in the Fantasia section.  The secret is...
Spoiler
the Chromatron beside the chasm.  You need to work out how to activate it and how to use it.  Instructions can be found in a certain book.
[close]

Good hunting!

Tinytim

I understood all that from the book but where and how do you
Spoiler
draw the sigil
[close]
?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Tinytim

splat44

I am inside temple where the four status are.

Spoiler
Not sure how to figure which is which based on four elements found on book, I have burning oil as well
[close]

Questions:
Spoiler
(1)Must I put oil in basin and do fire ritual before changing symbol?
(2)Changing symbols, what is pattern I need using?
[close]

elentgirl

Regarding the four statues in the temple...
Spoiler
the clue to which God represents which element is on the floor of the room, and on the rear wall.
It makes no difference whether you set the symbol first or put the element in the bowl first.  You will not know whether you have it right until everything is right.
To work out which is the right symbol for each element you perhaps need to go back to school (in terms of the game only, of course!)
[close]
Good luck

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 07/06/2013 16:03:16
Regarding the four statues in the temple...
Spoiler
the clue to which God represents which element is on the floor of the room, and on the rear wall.
It makes no difference whether you set the symbol first or put the element in the bowl first.  You will not know whether you have it right until everything is right.
To work out which is the right symbol for each element you perhaps need to go back to school (in terms of the game only, of course!)
[close]
Good luck

Spoiler
I already figure which elements to use be just reading element page and the clue from school confirm this, I assume the clue in compass images in same room as statues but even this hardly determine which statues. Any hints?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Fri 07/06/2013 19:25:37
Spoiler
I already figure which elements to use be just reading element page and the clue from school confirm this, I assume the clue in compass images in same room as statues but even this hardly determine which statues. Any hints?
[close]

HINT
Spoiler
There are two ways the compass can help. You could go outside the temple and look up at the four figurines on the corner towers and try to work out the orientation from these, or (more easily) you could look at the map
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 07/06/2013 23:15:59
Quote from: splat44 on Fri 07/06/2013 19:25:37
Spoiler
[close]

HINT
Spoiler
There are two ways the compass can help. You could go outside the temple and look up at the four figurines on the corner towers and try to work out the orientation from these, or (more easily) you could look at the map
[close]

Why didn't think about map?

Spoiler
If I understand correctly, elements are at each corner of map and are exact positions as we enter the room correct?

Spoiler
Air ... fire
Earth ... water
[close]

After put oil, lighting and changing elements accordingly, then why nothing is happening?
[close]

Tinytim

Is there a specific element for air?

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 00:44:51
Spoiler
If I understand correctly, elements are at each corner of map and are exact positions as we enter the room correct?
Air ... fire
Earth ... water
After put oil, lighting and changing elements accordingly, then why nothing is happening?
[close]

You have worked out the placing of the statues correctly!
Spoiler
If you now put the correct element in each bowl and set the correct symbol on each God, something will happen, I assure you.  Are sure you have the correct symbol for each?  Some of them look quite alike, but only the correct one will work.
[close]

Quote from: Tinytim on Sat 08/06/2013 14:10:48
Is there a specific element for air?

Spoiler
What is an "empty" bowl full of?
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sat 08/06/2013 14:58:10
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 08/06/2013 00:44:51
Spoiler
Air ... fire
Earth ... water
[close]

You have worked out the placing of the statues correctly!
Spoiler
If you now put the correct element in each bowl and set the correct symbol on each God, something will happen, I assure you.  Are sure you have the correct symbol for each?  Some of them look quite alike, but only the correct one will work.
[close]

Now I understand about those four element, so I need finding those through game correct?

Here some questions

About portal to planet:
Spoiler
I know according access code, I know I need entering "this year + planet + vic" according access card found but cannot figure the exact code. I read something about planet name as GW40H and year halted was 3024. That's all I make of this
[close]

About hidden entrance mysterium:
Spoiler
I managed finding secret entrance but in the last room, I came across five buttons in which we can change between colors such "Yellow", "Orange" and perhaps "red". I believe I need getting artifact or element at church area?
[close]

Church area:
Spoiler
I know where I can the wooden key but thirst is never ending of that guy
[close]

Any hint of the above? I know I'm lots but due to difficulties of this game, I must!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk