House of de Sade

Started by Shadow1000, Thu 30/05/2013 04:00:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

I am at the end of the tunnel. I seem to be stuck as it says that I can't face Tasan when I'm this anxious. I've taken all the anxiety pills (those never affected my anxiety level, so I'm not sure what they do) so that's not the solution.

Please help

SHADOW

Slasher

Hi Shadow,

whilst I have never ran out of anxiety pills myself someone else did report this to me.

When you see your heart beating you will need to keep taking the pills until your heart disappears.

I have uploaded a NEW version (V2) with more pills so you should be able to complete the game and I hope you'll try with the latest version and face Tasan.

As I have said, I myself have never ran out.

I do appreciate your report Shadow and I am glad you brought this to my attention and that you will download and finish the game, you were awfully close.

I hope you will leave your comments after you finish the game .

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1686/

cheers Shadow

slasher

Uziel

First and foremost, I wanted to say what a fabulous game this is. Slasher, you've outdone yourself on this one!

I seem to be stuck on two things right now. I've saved two kids so far, but am unable to:
1. Find a way to save the kid in the air vent. It keeps saying I need something to get up there, but I can't find anything to climb on/with.
2. I have put the fuel in the lamp, but need a wick to light it and get in the tunnel.

Slasher

Hi Uziel,

Glad you are enjoying the game and thank you for your comments which I hope you will add in the download game section.

Please note that V2 is now available that contains more anxiety pills.

Quote1. Find a way to save the kid in the air vent. It keeps saying I need something to get up there, but I can't find anything to climb on/with.

Spoiler
Spoiler

You will need to go back to the Bed and see if that can help you climb up to the air vent.
[close]

Quote2. I have put the fuel in the lamp, but need a wick to light it and get in the tunnel.

Spoiler
Spoiler
You'll need to improvise to make a wick for the lamp. A lace perhaps?
[close]

Good luck and I hope you finish the game rescuing 100% of the missing children. Let me know.  (nod)

slasher

Shadow1000

Quote from: slasher on Thu 30/05/2013 06:35:20
Hi Shadow,

whilst I have never ran out of anxiety pills myself someone else did report this to me.

When you see your heart beating you will need to keep taking the pills until your heart disappears.

I have uploaded a NEW version (V2) with more pills so you should be able to complete the game and I hope you'll try with the latest version and face Tasan.

As I have said, I myself have never ran out.

I do appreciate your report Shadow and I am glad you brought this to my attention and that you will download and finish the game, you were awfully close.

I hope you will leave your comments after you finish the game .

cheers Shadow

slasher

Questions:

1) I don't understand how the pills are supposed to work. I started by taking one whenever the heart started beating and he said "I needed that pill" but that never stopped the heart from beating. How many pills are necessary? How many are necessary to get to Tasan?

2) Conversely, I never saw any negative consequence of not taking the pills. Other than to get to Tasan, why do I need the pills?

3) Lastly, if I download the updated version, will my progress be lost or can I just continue?

Thank you

SHADOW

Slasher

Hi Shadow,

Quote1) I don't understand how the pills are supposed to work. I started by taking one whenever the heart started beating and he said "I needed that pill" but that never stopped the heart from beating. How many pills are necessary? How many are necessary to get to Tasan?
Spoiler
You can / should keep taking the pills whilst your heart is still beating hard until it stops. You should then say something like you should save them until you really need them.

When you go to confront Tasan it will depend on your anxiety level as to how many pills you will need to take to calm right down and proceed.
[close]

Quote2) Conversely, I never saw any negative consequence of not taking the pills. Other than to get to Tasan, why do I need the pills?
Spoiler
If you except the fact that when your anxiety level soars high and your heart is pumping away it should give you a sort of an 'alarming urgency' which the pills can help calm down. Light also calms you down a bit.

Your anxiety level, heart pounding and pills are used mainly for 'effect', and of course you do need to be calm before you face Tasan.
[close]

Quote3) Lastly, if I download the updated version, will my progress be lost or can I just continue?
Spoiler
I think that with the new amount of pills in Version 2 your saves will not support this.
[close]

I am sorry but hope you have the stamina to begin again and that you find the game acceptably rewarding.

Thank you for your post.

Cheers

slasher

Shadow1000

Quote from: slasher on Thu 30/05/2013 16:26:26
Hi Shadow,

Quote1) I don't understand how the pills are supposed to work. I started by taking one whenever the heart started beating and he said "I needed that pill" but that never stopped the heart from beating. How many pills are necessary? How many are necessary to get to Tasan?
You can / should keep taking the pills whilst your heart is still beating hard until it stops. You should then say something like you should save them until you really need them.

When you go to confront Tasan it will depend on your anxiety level as to how many pills you will need to take to calm right down and proceed.

Quote2) Conversely, I never saw any negative consequence of not taking the pills. Other than to get to Tasan, why do I need the pills?
If you except the fact that when your anxiety level soars high and your heart is pumping away it should give you a sort of an 'alarming urgency' which the pills can help calm down. Light also calms you down a bit.

Your anxiety level, heart pounding and pills are used mainly for 'effect', and of course you do need to be calm before you face Tasan.

Quote3) Lastly, if I download the updated version, will my progress be lost or can I just continue?
I think that with the new amount of pills in Version 2 your saves will not support this.

I am sorry but hope you have the stamina to begin again and that you find the game acceptably rewarding.

Thank you for your post.

Cheers

slasher

Had I known that it's just "effect" I would have just not taken any till the end when I need them. That way I would not have been in a dead end. Had I taken them every time the heart started beating and kept taking enough to make it stop, I would have completely run out long before I got to where I am!

I don't think I will start over. I did enjoy it but it's disappointing to have to play from the beginning because of a flaw in the game design.

Good luck on your next game!

SHADOW

Slasher

QuoteHad I known that it's just "effect" I would have just not taken any till the end when I need them.
Spoiler
Well, the effect obviously worked :)
[close]

QuoteI don't think I will start over. I did enjoy it but it's disappointing to have to play from the beginning because of a flaw in the game design.
As I have said, not so much a flaw but an oversight which has now been fixed.

Thank you anyway.

slasher

Uziel

Quote from: slasher on Thu 30/05/2013 11:16:44
Glad you are enjoying the game and thank you for your comments which I hope you will add in the download game section.

Already have. :)

Quote from: slasher on Thu 30/05/2013 11:16:44Please note that V2 is now available that contains more anxiety pills.

Funny thing is, I never used them anyway, until just before reaching Tasan. I tend to like to explore fully in a game before committing to using items, which is possibly what worked for me. Took me a couple of minutes to work out how to save the last 4 kids, once done, 100% saved. Thanks for creating such a fun game!

Slasher

Quote100% saved.
Well done Uziel.

Glad you enjoyed the game.

slasher

DecemberGirl

Hi everyone!
I am stuck very early in the game. Actually I am in the dormitory, where an evil presence is banging on the door. What am I supposed to do next?
I really like this game and I want to finish it.
Thanks!

Slasher

QuoteI am stuck very early in the game. Actually I am in the dormitory, where an evil presence is banging on the door. What am I supposed to do next?

Spoiler
Have you tried the Grouch food on the door? You will need to open the tin first.
[close]

Hope this helps you progress...

cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk