Interesting webseries?

Started by Fitz, Mon 03/06/2013 21:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

Always looking for some creative/interesting/thrilling/funny webseries. Fiction. Comedy, parody, sci-fi... Is there anything new and exciting/established and consistently fun out there you'd recommend?

If I were to recommend something, I'd say: The Vault and Wastelander Panda

THE VAULT:

[embed=560,315]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ig05s_rB39o?list=PLC4D2F8A427AB8B85" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

The Vault's been around for quite a while, and it's actually nearing series finale. It's been consistently exciting, with clever writing and a lot of suspense. Not to give away too much: it follows the participants of a weird reality show -- each locked in a separate room, alone. Each of them has to solve a puzzle -- one designed specifically for them. No explanations are given. They aren't even sure what the goal is.

WASTELANDER PANDA:

[embed=560,315]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pNzUrAn0Kho?list=SPLrymOQzjQ7yUJKuit-gr7sw5TnA4JNoT" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Wastelander Panda, on the other hand, is a new one, with just three episodes out. It's about... well... a panda wandering the wasteland. A humanoid panda, that is, with a human companion. The three episodes so far show three stories that seem to be far apart in chronology -- but each is great in its own way. Some are more action-driven, with cheesy karate fights, some are slower and more tense. Great visuals, too.

Anyone else got something?

Anian

Lol, I was thinking "oh, it'd be cool if they had an actual panda"...and they freakin' do. :grin:

Well The Guild, watched the season 1 and 2 (out of 4), found it interesting. It's rather old now, but still...that channel also has stuff like TableTop series (they play table top games with minor celebrities, but major cool people).
I'm currently watching Penny Arcade's Strip search, which is sort of like Survivor but with webcomic artists, they're almost at the finale now, it's a nice show.
That's about it.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

veryweirdguy

This seems like as good a time as any to plug MY webseries: THE BRAVE AND HANDSOME SQUAD. OH MY GOODNESS.

The 'proper' six part series begins in September, but we have a few shorts up on our Youtube channel to get the ball rolling.

Also here's a trailer thing.

Also it turns out I have no idea how to embed videos. WHO KNEW?

Mati256

There's High Maintenance about a Drug Dealer's clients, and it's pretty good.
My Blog! (En Español)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk