I deleted Character 0

Started by MiteWiseacreLives!, Thu 13/06/2013 06:18:42

Previous topic - Next topic

MiteWiseacreLives!

Wow, I just deleted cEgo, Character0, and AGS of course change the numbers of all my characters... I don't refer to them by number.. but it messed everything still. I don't feel so bright :(
Can this be fixed? I think I remember reading 'whatever you so don't delete characters' someplace.

Ryan Timothy B

If you don't refer to them by number, then you should be fine. What is it messing up and how?

MiteWiseacreLives!

looking again its weirder than I thought,
player character is now character 4, and the game starts in the wrong room using character 4. I think I was in the character 4 editor when i made the delete.

Ryan Timothy B

In the character editor there's a button at the top: Make this the player character

Then for that character, in the properties tree under Starting Room, select the room you wish.

MiteWiseacreLives!

No this is crazy.. I am using v3.3
I have 7 characters 0 - 6
I set char 5 as player, game starts with char 3
and 
0 = 4
1 = 5
2 = 6
3 = 1
4 = 2
5 = 3
6 = 0

I also moved the characters around in the tree into new folders when I was *organizing* my characters

so now they are ordered

I think I see a pattern....
EDIT: Okay, so I moved the folders up and down so the characters are now in numerical order. All is normal again.
        Should i post this in the Version 3.3.0 thread? or is this ?normalish? behavior  ???

Crimson Wizard

I've already detected this bug. For some reason this version of the editor enumerates characters using their position in the list, rather their explicit IDs when compiling the game.
Temporary solution would be to move character in the list so that its position correspond to its ID.

We are going to look into this and fix the problem.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Thanks Crimson, thought I had a major MAGS setback on my hands :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk