Donation for RotN

Started by DBoyWheeler, Fri 14/06/2013 23:22:51

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

Hey, all...

I would like to make a donation to the RotN universe.  I'd like to donate my Gaia Online characters to be used in future games.

Here's my main persona, D-BoyTheFighter.

Springtime setting:

Summer/beach setting:

Default(or autumn) setting:

Winter setting:

D-Boy the Fighter is a cool dude out looking for adventure.  And he's a swordsman, so if he were in RotN, maybe it could incorporate some of the swordfight mechanics of the Monkey Island games.

Another character to donate is D-Boy's servant girl, Minerva (known in Gaia as "MinervaWheeler").

Spring and Autumn setting:

Sexy Tropical Dancer setting:

Summer/beach setting (her default):

Winter setting:

(I have no idea why her hair goes through her hood--it's probably a glitch in Gaia)

Anyway, Minerva is very amiable and wants to help others when she can.  But she is also wise enough to know if something sounds too good to be true.

So, if you think these are good, I give people permission to use these characters in Reality-on-the-norm.  All I ask is to keep things in good taste, please.

Retro Wolf

"Good taste?" Your main character has a "Sexy Tropical Dancer" slave!  ;)
These sprites belong to Gaia Online surely? Can you give what is not yours to give?

I'm tempted to use the guy in my new RoN game, though I cannot guarantee the personal safety of his genitals...

DBoyWheeler

The Gaia sprites are meant to be models, so others can make sprites in their own art style.

Retro Wolf

What is this guy's back story? I was thinking borderline alcoholic with delusions of grandeur.
The woman? I think she's fed up of being this guy's sexy slave... so she hatches a plan to kill him, but has to make it look like an accident.
Sounds like the potential for a good game!  ;)

Edit: I'm absolutely not suggesting that you're anything like that, I'm just being silly.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Sun 16/06/2013 14:06:50
What is this guy's back story? I was thinking borderline alcoholic with delusions of grandeur.
The woman? I think she's fed up of being this guy's sexy slave... so she hatches a plan to kill him, but has to make it look like an accident.

Edit: I'm absolutely not suggesting that you're anything like that, I'm just being silly.

You're evil.

Retro Wolf

So did you like the sprites?

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Sun 16/06/2013 18:59:53
So did you like the sprites?

Yeah the sprites are pretty good.  And hey, considering my adventure loving self, I can imagine RotN versions of the swordfight insult stuff from Monkey Island.

DeviantGent

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Sun 16/06/2013 14:06:50

Tell me more.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

DBoyWheeler

Retro Wolf

All Englishmen are secretly evil, biding our time to reclaim the British Empire!
Fear our tea powered crumpet machines!

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Tue 18/06/2013 08:09:49
All Englishmen are secretly evil, biding our time to reclaim the British Empire!
Fear our tea powered crumpet machines!
LOL!  Good comeback there, dude!

Retro Wolf

(Inspired by my last comment)

Now we meet the bad guys:
Cecil T Crumpet and Stephen Redcoat!

They come to Reality on the Norm in their tea powered flying crumpets.
Their mission: To take over the world starting with RoN!

Sexy slave: Put down that whiskey bottle D-Boy...
D-Boy: Why should I do what you say? You just tried to kill me!
Sexy slave: You're the only one that can save us! Your sword skills are unparalleled!
D-Boy: Well yes there is that..... also being the son of God...
Sexy slave: .....D-Boy.......

Oldschool_Wolf presents: Reality on the Norm: New Britannia.

RoN: New Britannia is a "Crumpetpunk" styled adventure game. Can D-Boy and Sexy Slave save Reality on the Norm from these crazy Englishmen?

Ghost

Already sounds like the coolest RoN in quite a while. Go for it, Wolf! Go!

Retro Wolf

I'm tempted! Though I'm working on RoN: Reality Check 4 at the moment.
If anyone else is interested in picking it up, I've no problem with that!

DBoyWheeler

Funny funny funny...

For the record, the "sexy slave" is called Minerva.

[Edit]  Maybe one of the quests is try to sober me up--not only so that I'll be nicer to Minerva, but that I can finally regain my ability to fight (in the drunken state, the fighting ability wouldn't work properly).

Calin Leafshade

You have a sexy slave in an imaginary world?

That's not weird at all.

Retro Wolf

I'm more concerned by his issues with alcohol Calin....

Renegade Implementor

Thanks for the donation DBoyWheeler.

It'll be fairly easy to RoNify (that's a new word people) these characters as Wolf has already illustrated.

Retro Wolf

I find RoNifying quite enjoyable! I'm crap at drawing, but I'm pretty good at editing and combining currently existing sprites and backgrounds.

Renegade Implementor

The reverse can be true as well.  I found a Gaia Dream Avatar creator toolkit in 2008 and quickly made a small collection of RoN characters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk