Pizza Nostra! - Crime and Comedy in the 30's

Started by Khristian Cammilleri, Mon 24/06/2013 20:23:14

Previous topic - Next topic

kaput

QuoteAlso I stopped after using the safe and pressing every number, never let me leave.

Spoiler
Wow, that puzzle was easy... Really!? How on earth are people having problems with this!? I only had to look at my inventory to know what to do next.
[close]

I made a start to playing the game and it's pretty cool! I loved the intro, totally kick ass. I'm not very far, but I really like the humour. The gritty life behind bars is also well portrayed. It's a great piece of work.

Fix the typos!  :P

Armageddon

No I never even got to do the puzzles. I moved the painting and used the safe. Then it wouldn't let me leave the safe text box thing to select number.

Khristian Cammilleri

Quote from: Armageddon on Thu 27/06/2013 03:45:00
No I never even got to do the puzzles. I moved the painting and used the safe. Then it wouldn't let me leave the safe text box thing to select number.
Have you tried selecting the last option "Finished"? It's a scrolling dialog box (with the wheel mouse)
PizzaNostra!

noviigrac

I cant save the game at all, i press save, write the title, press enter or click save, and when i click load its not there???

Tabata

Similar prob here, but at least I have the auto-save and can continue from there.
(using the first version without the hotspots on some objects)

gspit1124

Stuck--
Spoiler
can't find key to open door to get Lily out of mansion
[close]

Khristian Cammilleri

[/quote]
Quote from: noviigrac on Thu 27/06/2013 13:17:18
I cant save the game at all, i press save, write the title, press enter or click save, and when i click load its not there???
Uhm.. that's strange.. in which part of the game this problem occurs?
PizzaNostra!

noviigrac

Quote from: Khristian Cammilleri on Thu 27/06/2013 21:48:12

[/quote]

well i didnt want to play for long because of the save problem, so from the beginning to the jail scene, cant save at all.

Khristian Cammilleri

Quote from: noviigrac on Thu 27/06/2013 23:43:46
Quote from: Khristian Cammilleri on Thu 27/06/2013 21:48:12

[/quote]
well i didnt want to play for long because of the save problem, so from the beginning to the jail scene, cant save at all.
[/quote]
Did you extracted the game from the .rar archive?

Try downloading the updated version..
PizzaNostra!

noviigrac

Yes, i can save in the updated version, thank you, your game looks great and i can finally enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed!!!

Head_banger

Wow, great game. Its funny. Eciting. And the puzzle are just right for me, I don't know why that guy said the first puzzle was difficult I found it fairly perfect although he was right about the spelling and your use of words. Otherwise its an great game with a entertaining story I would give it 9/10 keep up the great work ;)

Shadow1000

I finished the game. Here are my comments:

OVERVIEW

Action. Suspense. Mystery. Romance. Comedy. Pizza Nostra has it all. Set in the 1930s, this game follows a small-time thief who joins ranks with the Italian mob to gain his freedom. A well-constructed plot with fun puzzles and many unique elements combined with pleasing, traditional adventure game graphics makes this almost full length game well worth playing.

WHAT I LIKED

- I think that the plot was one of the strengths of this game. The length of the game was well justified by the complexity and unpredictability of the plot. Few games strike this balance as well. I will add that the characters really played their roles well and this is not easy to achieve.
- The graphics and animation were well done. Many games have static backgrounds, which make the non-playable characters look "painted on" rather than active. The extra effort it took to bring the scenes to life with animated characters was a great touch and well worth it.
- For the most part, the music scores really matched the scenes well and were really enjoyable.
- I really liked the fact that in addition to the traditional puzzles, this game has a lot of action/arcade-style sections that give a good variety to the game and further justify its length
- The puzzles may have been on the easier side but were still fun. I was never completely stuck in the game and only required assistance when the game was crashing (see next section). Although they were not particularly simple puzzles, often with many steps to be taken, they were logical and intuitive enough to solve them with some thinking and persistence.
- I will add that I had a lot of laughs while playing. :)

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE

- I have to strongly recommend that the script has the English corrected. Not having English as your first language is by no means a barrier to releasing a great game in English! But the English in this game was so poor that it did disrupt the flow of the game and at times I did not understand what was being said. Working with someone who is a native English speaker to develop the script is a must if you want this game to achieve its potential.
- There were many technical glitches, inconsistencies, crashes and other oddities that should have been found and solved during testing. It's clear that a lot of work went into this game and I can't understate the importance of proper testing before release.
- Lastly, there were a number of parts of the game where the player is instructed "do this", "now do that" where the instructions were not puzzles but clear directions. You can consider them interactive cutscenes. I would recommend using this type of thing very sparingly as they did break the flow of the game.

CONCLUSION

It's clear that a lot of development, thought and effort went into Pizza Nostra. In its current state, I recommend playing it to anyone who is willing to overlook some rough edges. If the language and glitches were ironed out, then this game could easily become a classic.

Buona fortuna! :)

SHADOW

Khristian Cammilleri

Well... I am very surprised by what you just said Shadow1000, and I agree with all your observations, the language is my weak point, and as for the bugs and glitches, I'm trying to fix them as you, players, finds them..
I will ask for proof-readers and testers in the Recruitment section..
Sorry for releasing the game with all those flaws!
PizzaNostra!

Shadow1000

Quote from: Khristian Cammilleri on Fri 28/06/2013 15:20:28
Well... I am very surprised by what you just said Shadow1000,

Why are you surprised? :)

I think you should be proud to have released such a good game. The gameplay, plot, graphics and puzzles are the most challenging part of a game and you really did well in each of these areas. Cleaning up the details is relatively easy and you have a lot to be proud of :)

SHADOW

Khristian Cammilleri

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 28/06/2013 15:24:19
Quote from: Khristian Cammilleri on Fri 28/06/2013 15:20:28
Well... I am very surprised by what you just said Shadow1000,

Why are you surprised? :)

I think you should be proud to have released such a good game. The gameplay, plot, graphics and puzzles are the most challenging part of a game and you really did well in each of these areas. Cleaning up the details is relatively easy and you have a lot to be proud of :)

SHADOW
Many thanks SHADOW, for all your constructive criticism ;)

Recruitment for proof-readers and testers : HERE
PizzaNostra!

gspit1124

I agree with Shadow...this game gave me hours of game play and I cannot wait for the second and third parts! Don't beat yourself up..it is an amazing game!

Khristian Cammilleri

Grazie mille! (Many thanks) to Arj0n  Stupot+ and Surplusguy for helping me with the testing and proof reading!

Welcome to the Famiglia! :)
PizzaNostra!

Phemar

Sorry Khristian, I downloaded the new version and played through to where I was in the old version and the walking speed still hasn't changed. It happens right after I'm finished crouching at Mikey Fatlip's house. I'm guessing you forgot to change the walkspeed back to normal after crouching.

Khristian Cammilleri

Quote from: Phemar on Mon 01/07/2013 19:52:14
Sorry Khristian, I downloaded the new version and played through to where I was in the old version and the walking speed still hasn't changed. It happens right after I'm finished crouching at Mikey Fatlip's house. I'm guessing you forgot to change the walkspeed back to normal after crouching.
Understood... I'm fixing it, FIXED thanks again Phemar
PizzaNostra!

Phemar

Alright, I fixed it. Just as I suspected, it happens if you enter the bedroom while still crawling. The view gets set back to walking, but the speed doesn't change. However, if you press space and stand just before you enter the bedroom your speed and view gets set back to walking.

Cool, now I can continue playing :D

(Also, the slippers in the bathroom don't have a name. They're just blank!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk