White Wedding - A new adventure game.

Started by SookieSock, Sun 30/06/2013 23:21:17

Previous topic - Next topic

SookieSock

Calin Leafshade and I just made this game for MAGS but it was disqualified because it's not made with AGS.

So i'm posting it here so people can play it if thats ok. I know it's not suitable for the Completed Games forum because it's not made with AGS but it's still an adventure game.

White Wedding

Screenshot

Download
http://www.sanctuary-interactive.com/~steve/whiteweddingver1.zip

(Thanks to Arj0n and FlyingManderine for testing)

Igor Hardy

SookieSock

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something blue was the MAGS Theme. So it's about that.

It's not particularly long and was only made in 2 weeks so I don't want to give anything away.

miguel

I can't load the game. It shows a error message.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Eric

Out of curiosity, what was it made with?

Calin Leafshade

@Eric

It's made with an adventure game engine I'm developing called Adore (Adventure Rendering Engine) which uses Love2D for its rendering.
It aims to be a technically modern engine scripted in Lua.

@Miguel

The system requirements for Adore are significantly higher than AGS. Do you have a particularly old computer? Specifically an old graphics card?
I do need to add better error trapping.

miguel

I smell pixel shaders all around this game!
Yeah it's a 2007 low-end acer laptop with a weak gfx card.
What are the specs to run your game?

Anyway, it's cool, I'll run it on a different PC.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Andail

Got this when trying to start the game: "An error has occured that caused White Wedding to stop."

Eric

Quote from: Andail on Mon 01/07/2013 16:10:13
Got this when trying to start the game: "An error has occured that caused White Wedding to stop."

Andail

Calin Leafshade

@Andail

I imagine it's a graphics requirement issue again but here's a debug version of the game which will give a more useful error message:

http://www.sanctuary-interactive.com/~steve/whiteweddingdebug.zip

EDIT: I should point out that adore itself doesnt have very high requirements but white wedding uses pixel shaders for bloom and stuff.

Andail

Yup, can't handle shaders.
Funny, I don't exactly have a high-end pc, but that's the first game I've tried thus far that simply refused to load.

Calin Leafshade

I imagine a lot of games would have logic to disable the shaders if they weren't supported. That's not yet implemented in Adore. Having said that, it only uses GLSL 2.0 I believe which is very old.

Calin Leafshade

I've added support to disable shaders if they aren't supported.

try this version if you wouldnt mind:

http://www.sanctuary-interactive.com/~steve/whiteweddingver1.1.zip

EDIT: sorry for double post.

Sslaxx

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Mon 01/07/2013 19:05:24
I imagine a lot of games would have logic to disable the shaders if they weren't supported. That's not yet implemented in Adore. Having said that, it only uses GLSL 2.0 I believe which is very old.
Any plans to post about Adore (assuming you're planning on releasing it, of course) on the LOVE forums?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Calin Leafshade

Possibly, when it's more complete.

The plan is to make an editor program (similar to AGS) that basically just outputs a load of lua files. That way the engine is fully customizable by the user. If you don't like the pathfinding/saying/animation then you can just overwrite the function.

Then the lua files are just read by Love so I don't have to worry about any of the lower level stuff.

MiteWiseacreLives!

I am having a hard time with this game, maybe a hint??
Spoiler
can't figure out how to clean the ring, and I think the safe code should be 4409, 21 + 23 and yr 2009... but that doesn't work
[close]

Calin Leafshade

Spoiler

The ring is a bit of a pixel hunt, check the bathroom again.

With the code, try using their year of birth rather than their ages.
[close]

MiteWiseacreLives!

Finished,
Spoiler
and I thought it was going to be a sappy love story (wtf)
[close]

Phemar

Whoa the ending took me by surprise. Nice game, though a fullscreen option would be great, as the window almost clipped my monitor. (Yes, I still have an old school 4:3 monitor :D).

Spoiler
The safe puzzle was really unfair though, I only knew their ages because of MiteWiseacreLives' comment. The only information I could gleam through the game was that I was two years older than Jenny.
[close]

Anyway, I'm excited to see what else comes from this engine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk