Adore - A New Adventure Game Engine - Feature suggestions.

Started by Calin Leafshade, Mon 08/07/2013 09:55:41

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

Quote from: TheBitPriest on Sat 28/09/2013 16:00:14AGS is great, but it's a bit frustrating at first for those who are used to more robust...

Funny, I felt exactly the same way when I picked up Eclipse with the ADT plugin (for Android development) a month ago. Then again, Java's not a real language either...just like a bad version of C#.

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Mon 08/07/2013 10:19:05
It would be open sourced under the LGPL or something similar. A license that allows you to basically do what you like providing you give attribution where necessary and inform users of any changes. Having said that I would allow donations to be given and I think it would be fair to expect successful commercial projects to give me a kick back but no commercial license would exist.
I just thought, if you still intend to open source Adore, I can recommend going with MPL 2.0. It really comes across to me as a more sensible and fair version of LGPL without all the "you put our two programs too close to each other so now they're actually one program" silliness.

Good luck with the project!

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sat 28/09/2013 17:41:11
Technologies in Adore are currently being adapted into an engine that will power a game by the team that gave us one of AGS's most successful releases of the past few years.
Journey Down

(Or I'm terribly wrong and it's BT:DT, but I somehow doubt that)

Armageddon

Aw, we have to wait on Dave Gilbert to finish his next game now. :(

Anian

Quote from: Armageddon on Sun 29/09/2013 08:10:53
Aw, we have to wait on Dave Gilbert to finish his next game now. :(
They showed some screenshots and gameplay of the new Blackwell game, so I'm guessing it won't be that long of a wait...unless they're redoing everything in the engine.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk