Bubble Wrap Popping Simulator 2013

Started by Georgeqgreg, Thu 18/07/2013 21:22:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgeqgreg

A gag game of sorts that simulates the process of popping bubble wrap. Obviously NOT an adventure game! More info is available on the Itchio page.

Features:
Most realistic bubble popping simulation on the PLANET!
Most realistic graphics ever in a video game! That's because they're REAL PHOTOS!
Playable in 14 languages!
Real sounds of bubble wrap being popped recorded from REAL bubble wrap!

System requirements:
Comparable to Crysis

Website and download: https://georgeqgreg.itch.io/bubble-wrap-popping-simulator-2013

AGS Games Page: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1709/

Screenshot: (I'm gonna need to re-host this somewhere)

CaptainD

Ah man, my little girl is going to absolutely LOVE this!

Why on earth has no-one produced it before?

As a sequel, can you please create a TENSION SHEET SIMULATOR?

Georgeqgreg

Excellent idea! All I have to do then is replace the background graphic and CHEAP SEQUEL! :grin:

CaptainD

I have to say that I was disappointed the background graphics didn't change at all though - surely we should have both popped and unpopped bubbles?!?!  (nod)

Georgeqgreg

Can you imagine how intensive graphics like that would be? Why, you'd need a computer from 2100 at least!

Vince Twelve

Sheesh CaptainD, this one is huge leaps and bounds over Bubble Wrap Popping Simulator 2012.  You're going to have to wait for Bubble Wrap Popping Simulator 2014 for next-gen graphics like that.

CaptainD

It's just a shame that computer technology hasn't been able to match the breathtaking advances in the science of bubble popping itself.

Matt Frith

My graphics card melted while trying to play this. 10/10

ThreeOhFour

This game is absolutely action "packed". 10/10

Stupot

This game was too short... it was all over in a Jiffy.

Georgeqgreg

Too short? It's as long as you play it for! If you play for an hour, then it has an hour of gameplay! If you play it for 400 hours, then you'll die!

Ghost

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 18/07/2013 21:36:48
Why on earth has no-one produced it before?

Dude! http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

But cool to see it done in AGS, got a good laugh out of it.

An "insane mode" would be fun too: http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow-insane.shtml

Also need to get some real bubble wrap tomorrow.

Georgeqgreg

Knox

--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Adeel

(laugh)

Good concept and fun game. I also played in Arabic (don't know much but enough to understand). I have two questions regarding your game:

1) Did you take photographs yourself?

2) When you tried to write it in Arabic, did the AGS Editor joined the words correctly?

The reason I am asking Ques#2 is that I want to translate "Gray" into Urdu (whose script writing is similar to Arabic) and want some information about AGS Editor regarding this.

Lewis

Somewhere, probably in central Europe, this is going to sell millions.
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Stupot

Quote from: Georgeqgreg on Thu 18/07/2013 23:35:54
Too short? It's as long as you play it for! If you play for an hour, then it has an hour of gameplay! If you play it for 400 hours, then you'll die!
You didn't get my joke :(

Georgeqgreg

Adeel S. Ahmed: The hand is my hand.

I didn't use the font system, all the text is a bitmap image. (sprite) The images with text included on them were created with GIMP, which is a unicode application. Due to limitations of the current font system, I do not think it would be possible to display Arabic text that way, however, I think it would be possible with clever use of sprites. Really, it depends on how you are presenting the text, I suppose.

Adeel

"Gray" contains descriptive text i.e approx. 1000 lines. It seems like I'll have to ditch the idea because using sprites as text lines wouldn't help in this case...

Thanks for your reply. :)

Minimi

I got stuck at the first room. I tried to pixelhunt every pixel in the game, but no help! Please help me out!
For as far as I got 10/10!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk