FONT: WFN-Fonts (collection thread)

Started by Rulaman, Fri 09/08/2013 18:21:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulaman

Hi,

I have brand new font files for the new 256-chars Version of AGS (currently in BETA state).
Feel free to post your own fonts in this thread.

http://postimg.org/image/oc4d5mdv7/

Click here to download
WFN FontEditor Plugin

Edit by Dualnames - Made into a sticky topic for apparent reasons
Zak: Komm mit mir Sushi.
Zak: Come with me Sushi.

Rulaman

Scavenger

Starcat

Hi folks!

Just a quick word of caution! The links provided here lead to a hoster which in turn provides software that includes spyware. (To clarify, I'm talking about the earlier posts that link to file-upload.net)
In fact I wasn't able to download the actual font files or archives, but just an installer of some sketchy tool that is supposed to download the actual files. So be warned!

Does anybody have a proper mirror to these font files and font tools? Or do you know where I can get my hands on AGS fonts that include german umlauts?
Thanks!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Starcat on Sun 29/01/2017 09:13:19
Just a quick word of caution! The links provided here lead to a hoster which in turn provides software that includes spyware. (To clarify, I'm talking about the earlier posts that link to file-upload.net)
In fact I wasn't able to download the actual font files or archives, but just an installer of some sketchy tool that is supposed to download the actual files. So be warned!

This is one of the file hosters that HIDE correct download button unless you stay on page for some time, or move mouse around.
I found that you can still download the correct file if you:

1. Move your mouse over words "Tipp: Partnerprogramm - Geld verdienen!" (under "Datum: xxx Download: xxx").
A "Download" button will appear.
2. Click on download button that appears.
3. CLOSE THE NEW WINDOW that appears.
4. Click on same download button again.

Now you can finally download 7z archive with fonts.

Here I uploaded it to dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukjt9o3fvbwhnvz/AGSFNT1-1_256chars.7z?dl=0

Monsieur OUXX

PLEASE NOTE :
- I've slightly corrected Rulaman's fonts (for example character Š“ ).
- I've numbered them "version 1.0"
- AGS has 3 fonts : the 2 dialog fonts (the "plain" one and the outlined one), plus one font for "Display" and GUI Controls. Rulaman provided the 2 dialog fonts. I've added the "Display" font to the package.
- With this package, you have the 3 standard AGS fonts, made 256-characters ready: AGSFNT0.WFN, AGSFNT1.WFN,AGSFNT2.WFN

>> DOWNLOAD <<
AGSFNT0.WFN, AGSFNT1.WFN, AGSFNT2.WFN

@Crimson Wizard, two things :
1. I suggest this is updated in the next release. Then AGS will at last be fully 256 international! :)
2. I strongly suggest that the default "Display" font gets 4 or 5 pixels added vertically. . That would make accented characters much easier. It would need 1 or 2 pixels below for characters like 'ç', and 2 or 3 pixels above for characters like àŠ. At the moment it's possible to draw such characters in the current 9-pixels-high font, but it forces to crush some characters vertically. That's not very nice. It will make the font use more space vertically, but I don't think it would change much, as the height of lines is calculated dynamically in textboxes GUI controls.

@everyone else : I suggest someone mirror the download.

I also suggest that AGS embeds a few more 256-characters fonts. Scavenger's ones are a great start (if he agrees). There is also this page. That's always been the weakness of AGS: it comes with a poor font and beginners find it difficult to use a custom one -- which makes many games look the same.

Scavenger

I'd be totally happy making more 256 character fonts. I have a few more I can expand, mostly from old computer bioses and bitmap fonts.

Monsieur OUXX

@Scavenger : that would be awesome. Keep in mind that this page exists : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/ags/sci_fonts/
Also this (because it's a bit hidden) : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=6202

CaesarCub

I  have this font that JimReed made and I expanded to 256 characters, it's the one we are most probably going to use on the new Sierra Template:

[Download Link]

Monsieur OUXX

Rulaman

Nice!
Good to know, that AGS will have 256er fonts in the future.

Kitty Trouble

Was playing around with AGS DOS lately and created an SCI font. Originally wanted it to be a 5px font, realized that it would appear too tiny on smaller monitors and in dosbox windows, so doubled it to a 10 px font (12px including whitespace and borders)

Includes SCI, WFN, and BMP formats. Font10 is the main font and Font10o is the border font.

Font10.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk