Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Quote from: Grim on Mon 05/05/2014 15:37:29
Unfolding Spider - one of my favourite games EVER!:)

There's a great fellow!!!!

Alright, cat, if anyone else doesn't mind I will write one in a few days, perhaps Grim also wants to write one, we share the same love for this, i recall.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Erenan

Quote from: cat on Sun 04/05/2014 06:52:20
Quote from: bicilotti on Fri 02/05/2014 21:36:00
I will once again push the Bunker.
It's an exquisite game, but it's old too; take it not as a proposal, but just as a "filler", in case nobody comes up with anything.

Thanks, bicilotti! Since noone else posted a teaser, this is now the pick of the month.

*dance, dance, dance*

This makes me happy. :)
The Bunker

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Fri 02/05/2014 20:00:05
Maybe pick "Donald Dowell" from the same author instead?

I hope this promo will be up for the next selection candidate then:

Donald sat with glazed eyes. He was retired. He rocked in his chair. His wife shouted at him to paint the fence. He rocked. He read his favorite books over and over. His wife shouted at him to do something, anything. Donald rocked. And as he rocked a spark grew under the chair in which he sat. With every rock the spark found kindling in the recesses of his still youthful mind. That kindling grew into a fire which could not be stopped. Donald knew he had to go back to work! But not just any old menial work. The work he had dreamed of since he was a kid! Donald stood up from his rocker. And then at last: HE ROCKED! 

cat

Sorry, I completely missed that I still need to set the pick for June.
Thanks Mandle for your teaser!

CaptainD

A very worthy pick!  Congrats AprilSkies. ;-D

shaun9991

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

AprilSkies

Oh sweet!
That's great!
I'm really happy.
:)
thanks guys and gals!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Fri 13/06/2014 14:16:35
Sorry, I completely missed that I still need to set the pick for June.
Thanks Mandle for your teaser!

Thanks Cat for including my prose in the Pick Of The Month promo for this more than worthy game...I feel like a part of the community now...

And GRATZ to AprilSkies for an honor well deserved for an amazing game!

cat

Thanks for bringing this up again, Mandle, because July is approaching - we need a new pick!

Does anyone know a great game that didn't get the recognition it deserves? If yes, write a short teaser for it and I will put it up as Pick of the Month!

cat

*Bump*

We need a new pick soon! Several people want "Unfolding Spider". Does anyone care to write a teaser?

Ponch

shaun9991

Sheepishly putting forward Mudlarks for August :)

edit: I've just read the rules, can't nominate my own game. Oops! :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Mandle

Quote from: shaun9991 on Fri 01/08/2014 10:44:30
Sheepishly putting forward Mudlarks for August :)

edit: I've just read the rules, can't nominate my own game. Oops! :)

Then I'll just do it for you then:

I nominate Mudlarks. It was awesome!

No time now but I will write up a blurb on it tomorrow...

AprilSkies

Absolutely mudlarks! Count me too for nominating that game.

cat

Timeout for self-promotion, maybe next month ;)

This month I go for "All pigs deserve to burn in hell".

AprilSkies

Also a good choice, it seems good! I definitely have to play it!

cat

AprilSkies

I'd like to suggest mudlarks by shaun9991 or Alien Cow Rampage: Orion Needs Your Milk! by Ghost

bicilotti

Quote from: AprilSkies on Mon 01/09/2014 18:33:36
I'd like to suggest mudlarks by shaun9991 or Alien Cow Rampage: Orion Needs Your Milk! by Ghost

Second ACRONYM.

Obligatory blurb:

"Orion needs milk, and it needs it in the next 12 hours! A challenging boardgame, ACRONYM is a testament to AGS versatility. Battle, outwit, charm or use-alien-technology on pesky earthlings, abduct bovines, make it back to spaceship before time is up. Be prepared to restart often: strategy, tactics and a bit of luck are needed to get those precious proteins!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk