Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Calypso

Thank you very much, Cat, it works perfectly now. :)
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

bicilotti

I don't know whether there are other games in the backlog, I am writing this
small stub so you can use it when you will see fit.

Sisyphus Reborn

A short game which explores the themes of life, eternity and the meaning
of our actions. An example of what the adventure game medium can achieve without
losing its characteristics, teeming with ideas but not overwhelming the player.

cat

Thanks, bicilotti! I'll have a look at it and put it up for January.

Edit: Great game, it will be up next month.

cat

A little late, sorry. Since there were no suggestions in the backlog I picked Goat Herd and the Gods for February.

nosehair

The AGS Awards nominations gave me a chance to play some games I hadn't seen before. If there's need for an upcoming community suggestion, I'd like to call out Cale Quest.

cat

Hi nosehair, if you write a teaser, I can put it up for April.

shaun9991

Thanks Cat for putting A Date in the Park up as pick of the month! :) <3
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

cat

Fitz

Visitor 3! Played it, loved it the the most of the Visitor trilogy. Another one that You might want to take a look at is The Knobbly Crook -- I haven't played that one yet, so I can't say anything about it (other than that it has insanely gorgeous graphics!).

cat

Although I want to play both of them I didn't have time to do so, yet.

Anyway, if you write a teaser, I will set the game as PotM.

Fitz

"The third installment of the darkly comedic series about Moss -- the universe's most accidentally lucky field agent -- sends him on his most dangerous mission yet. Visitor 3 is bigger, better, funnier -- and scarier. There's lots of green blood, pink goo, black tentacles and other terrifying appendages -- and a head in a jar that's not only quite friendly, but also not at all fazed by its current situation."

Mandle

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 01/05/2015 16:24:22
"The third installment of the darkly comedic series about Moss -- the universe's most accidentally lucky field agent -- sends him on his most dangerous mission yet. Visitor 3 is bigger, better, funnier -- and scarier. There's lots of green blood, pink goo, black tentacles and other terrifying appendages -- and a head in a jar that's not only quite friendly, but also not at all phased by its current situation."

Excellent review of the best AGS game to come out for a long time...

Sorry...I just added a quick fix to your text...But I agree that this should be pick of the month for sure!!!

Fitz

Oops, my bad! I've spent most the past 15 hours typing away, so at some point I stopped even watching the screen. Anyway, thanks for fishing it out. Edited my message, too, in case Cat were to copy the original.

AprilSkies

I absolutely second Fitz suggestion!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mandle

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 01/05/2015 20:20:41
Oops, my bad! I've spent most the past 15 hours typing away, so at some point I stopped even watching the screen. Anyway, thanks for fishing it out. Edited my message, too, in case Cat were to copy the original.

Oops, my bad as well. I missed something: I'm pretty sure it's "fazed" instead of "phased". I'm really feeling like a nitpicker now :-[

cat

Picked!
Thanks for the teaser Fitz, and thanks Mandle for spell-checking.

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sat 02/05/2015 07:31:09
Picked!
Thanks for the teaser Fitz, and thanks Mandle for spell-checking.

No worries mate! I'm just stoked that such an AWESOME game gets the recognition it deserves!

cat

Anke

There is only one option for june's pick: Camp 1. An instant classic if there ever was one.

Life at Camp 1, a geological trial drilling site, hasn't been easy in the past . But, somehow, things got even worse. What kind of future will await the four inmates of the camp?

"Camp 1" is an outstanding science fiction game. Every single aspect is excellent. Fantastic visuals, intense atmosphere, clever puzzles, wonderful colours - the limited palette works really well. Anyone who hasn't played this yet, go and do so. You'll love it.

(If you're going to pick this: Asking a natural speaker to have a look at my ramblings might be a good idea .  ;)
Or better: have someone write a bit more about the story. I'm not good with that kind of thing.)

kconan

Quote from: Anke on Tue 09/06/2015 22:20:17
There is only one option for june's pick: Camp 1. An instant classic if there ever was one.

I'll second that pick.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk