Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

StillInThe90s

Thanks for nominating and picking and all the love!
(Updated last night. Not enough changes to replay the game, though.)

Ibispi

I would like to vote for Ouroboros: Sacrifice, for pick of the month July. This is the teaser I wrote:

Venture into a snowy, cold world; put your mask on; close your eyes; listen to the wind blowing. Imagine Myst, but with a tint of horror. Now, solve those puzzles already!

Mandle

I'm nominating "Jacqueline White; Bad Trouble in the Red Desert" for the pick of the month (for October as I heard from cat) and here is my blurb:
Books are just words, right? Movies are just single frames played really fast, right? AGS games are just a bunch of rooms and objects, characters, and whatever tied together by some code, right?

We all know how each works, especially AGS, but sometimes....and only sometimes in a very long while...somebody manages to combine the words in a book, the frames of a movie, or the structure of AGS in just the right way to create magic...

The magic where the reader/viewer/player starts to forget the interface of words/images/game and makes the jump from their everyday reality into the world that the author has created for them...

This game falls solidly into the category of such magic...

The story, characters, gameplay, mystery, intrigue of this game just grabbed me instantly by the short and curlies and propelled me forwards. There was never a moment when I lost interest in knowing what the story was going to throw my way next...

And the puzzles: OMG BRILLIANT!!! Foreshadowing and logic used perfectly in almost every case!!!

GET IT OR REGRET IT!!!

Creamy

I'm playing Jacqueline right now and I second you completely. Great game.

Ibispi

I think that The Unprintable MAGENTA has to be played more than it has been played so far, so I wrote a teaser:

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No. It's a girl that turns things into a purplish-red color! It's a heroic adventure game for you to enjoy, with witty dialogues and unforgettable comic characters and - a lot of hilarious game over screens. So? What are you waiting for? Download it already!"

cat

Hobo

What a pleasant surprise to see Scenario 5B as the pick of the month. Thanks for the feature!

shaun9991

Just noticed Pendek is pick of the month, thanks Cat! :D
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

cat

I was on vacation and fell behind with the Pick of the Month. Can the community help me out?
Are there any suggestions? Do you know a game that deserves being picked?

If yes, please write a short teaser and post it here!

Haggis

Toffee Trouble in Creamville - a sweet little MAGs game with some exceptional graphics, characters and puzzles. It's a travesty that you can't pick your own game when it's such a delightful little number.

Cassiebsg

Thanks Haggis, for reading my mind and doing what I was too chicken to do. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 08/07/2016 20:04:33
Thanks Haggis, for reading my mind and doing what I was too chicken to do. (laugh)

Hehehe you beat me in here...

Out Of Gas: A wonderfully calming and yet upbeat little adventure that begins when your car runs out of gas on the way home. Navigate a charming and bustling little city, that is however not without its own seamy underbelly, in your quest to simply return home. This is a game that should keep a smile on your face with its cheery tone, while at the same time presenting interesting puzzles, some eccentric characters, and a memorable playing experience.

(It was a tough choice between Creamville and Out Of Gas, but I figured Creamville is already getting quite a bit of outside recognition, while Out Of Gas deserves more...And we can just pick Creamville next month...(laugh) )

Creamy

+1 for Toffee Trouble in Creamville.

Being a dunkin' funride throughout, this coming-of-age story shines with tasty characters and graphics so sweet that you'll be left drooling over your screen. The low difficulty and various puzzles make it perfectly suited for young adventurers to get their teeth into.

(Inspired by comments from àâ,¬m and straydogstrut)

cat

Thanks guys! (for the nice teasers as well as for picking Toffee)

I set Toffee Trouble for this month as it was suggested by several people and Out of Gas for August (I really enjoyed that game).

Creamy

The AGS awards gave me the opportunity to play games I missed. I'd like to submit Waiting for the loop for the next pick :

Presented in a "choose your own adventure" style, Waiting for the loop features diffrerent outcomes that encourage replayability.
Well-written dialogs supported by spot-on dubbing emphasize the importance of your choices in this striking tale about AI.

cat

Set for April - thanks, Creamy!

reismahnic

Oh my goodness I only just realized Waiting For the Loop was picked- thank you so much!!!!
Unfortunately it seems that the Dropbox link has been broken since mid march due to Dropbox changing some stuff. :/
However, I'm hoping people will check it out now that the link has been fixed!
Thank you again for selecting Loop!

cat

Thanks for updating the link!

I checked the link when Creamy suggested the game and I set the pick (I can do that in advance, the page switches automatically) but I didn't re-check it later.

Guys, whenever you find a dead link for a PotM, please write here or PM me. The reporting a broken link feature is somewhat broken not monitored.

reismahnic

Well, also a learning experience for me, because at the end of the day it's my responsibility to make sure those links work, not anyone else's! ;)
I'm just incredibly grateful it was selected and hope people enjoy playing it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk