Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

The Clockwork Labyrinth: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2266/

Enjoy puzzle solving? Being baffled by "ancient" mysteries? Taking notes? Roaming aimless thru a maze to find all secrets and finally save the woman trapped in the maze? Then you must not miss this 1st person Adventure game with beautifully detailed rendered scenes.

PS- this good enough? :) )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

cat

Thanks, Cassiebsg! The game looks really great, I have to try it when I have more time.

cat

cat

Sure, but please provide a blurb for it.

cat

cat

Really? Does no-one here play games anymore?

CaptainD

Okay I'll choose one then - it's a bit of a blast from the past.

Zog Moonbuckle: The Mysterious Planet.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1778/

What this game lacks in polish it more than makes up for in charm.  It's a sci-fi adventure with a fair dollop of humour, not too much to tax your little grey cells but the puzzles are all logical and held together by a nice storyline.  All in all this is an enjoyable romp that will take you about an hour to complete, and will definitely leave you with a smile on your face.

cat

Thanks! I set the pick. Charming game, but sadly I'm stuck close to the end
Spoiler
What is the authentication code?
[close]

Mandle

Downloaded...

If you two guys say it's good... then it's good!

Creamy

*bump*
That hurts!

Isolated from your unit after a landing mishap, you must jerry-rig your way to find out what lies at the bottom of the shaft.

Modern adventure games often neglect inventory puzzles. Not Kastchey's winning entry for last July MAGS competition. Plus, it's all wrapped up in glorious pixel art. Time to party like it's 1989!

Kastchey

Aww, thank you for this suggestion. Unexpected! =)

cat

Wiggy

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to nominate "Yago the Coquerrestrial" for "pick of the month.

Yago is a reporter from the planet Coque, and is commissioned to renew a documentary about Earth that the Coquelians made 50,000 years ago. The human race has evolved a lot, and Yago has the onerous duty to revise the doco. Solo. He loses nearly everything in a collision with a satellite, so he not only has to make the doco, he needs to fix his ship as well.
He is goal-oriented, which is one of those irregular verbs - I am goal-oriented, you are plain selfish, he is a complete a55hole! He does many nasty things, but he has to.
The animations are first class and the plot is sublime. The humour is from chuckle to absolute belly-laugh-out-loud. Yago is an enigma; a lovable character that you can hate as well. This, for me, was one of the best games of 2018. Try it! There are many helpful hints on the "hints and tips" thread, I put some of them there.
Don't miss out - it's a hard game but worth the effort!

cat

I wanted to give it a try, but for Windows I only found an installer version, no plain zip  :(

Wiggy

Yes, that's it . It is an installer, not a zip file. Each to his own I guess. Personally I'd choose the .zip format, but I can assure you there is nothing nasty in the installer. :grin:

Cassiebsg

Up to him to decide what to upload. But some people don't download exe. No matter if there's nothing wrong with it. I don't like installers, so I just don't download if it's not a zip/rar/7z/etc...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Another pick anyone? It's been quite some time already.

Kastchey

How about...

Don't Look! by Tamanegi
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1394/

A somewhat disturbing journey into the mind of a troubled 8 year old struggling to control her anxiety.

The strong focus on storytelling takes it toll on the puzzles, the verb coin is a bit awkward and there is no sound or music, but if you can appreciate a game for its backstory, cool NPC and an occasional jump scare, you will definitely enjoy this dark fantasy tale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk