Re: Colouring Ball : The World As You See It - Winner Declared!

Started by Adeel, Thu 19/09/2013 23:31:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

Latest Update:
We've got a winner. Thanks to everyone who participated. For more details, please see my latest post in this thread.

Lat Update:
The voting time has finally arrived. For more information on voting, please see my latest post.

Previous Update:
Hedge and TGames haven't responded so far. For the very last time (and not wanting to disqualify their entries), I'm extending the deadline to October 05, 2013, 23:59 GMT. Please make sure that your entries fit according to the rules.

If anyone else wants to enter and wishes that the deadline be extended. Please feel free to ask here.

Meanwhile, I ask the opinion of participants:

If in the likely case that TGames and Hedge don't change their entries to fit within the rules. Should I disqualify them or should I allow them? Your vote, your choice. Please try to respond quickly.

Time for a new Colouring Ball Competition!

Here's the shape:

This time, the theme is: The World As You See It.

Background Introduction:
This goes without saying that the world is as you see it and how you see it. Imagine yourself looking out of a window. What you're seeing? A Dark, Gloomy Place with no hope? Or a beautiful, cheerful place full of hope? Carefree children playing outside or the Elders waiting for the end of their life?

Instructions:
Create something which shows that you're looking out of a window. What scene you depict, is the way how you see the world!

Guide:
To make the shape more comfortable and understandable to you, here's a quick guide (zoomable image):

Rules:

• You're free to depict any kind of scene but the scene should look like that it's being viewed from a window.
  • You must show the frame of the window. Whether the window is opened or closed, is entirely up to you. You'll have to draw the frame accordingly.
  • You're free to use any style for the window's frame but as mentioned before: you must show the frame of the window.
  • You must use, at all costs, the lower portion of the shape to depict either a ledge, a furniture piece (which may be placed beneath the window) or just plain room wallpaper. The choice is yours.
  • The size of the shape should be enough for everybody. If anyone is unhappy with the size, they're allowed to change the size. Provided, the shape is kept intact.
  • You must show furniture/ledge/wallpaper below the frame of the window (in the area which I've shown).
  • The frame must be inside the shape.

Deadline for the Submission of Entries is: October, Friday 4th, 2013, 23:59 GMT. It maybe extended if someone requests. Voting has began. Please see my latest below for details. Voting has been finished. We've got a winner, please see my latest post in this thread for more detail.

Good luck and have fun! :)

selmiak

selmiak

[imgzoom]http://selmiak.bplaced.net/stuff/window1.png[/imgzoom]

I look out my backwindow and see an old road with a guy in it and an old lantern...
I went for a low colorcount. Looks a bit boring though, I guess it's from the lack of action and not the low colorcount. So I think I'll either add more stuff or animate the windowscene.

Adeel

Yay! Finally an entry and that from our very own selmiak. ;-D

Looks great, however I regret to report, but you'll have to follow two main rules (not following them will make the entry dull - as you said it yourself):

The window is lacking the frame. (Without frame it doesn't look a window at all. :()

The lower portion should be used to show either the ledge of the window or a furniture piece placed beneath the window or just plain wallpaper of the room.

Other than that, your entry is excellent. Looking at makes me think that this old, successful man is looking at his dark past. Thinking that how he started from the bottom to became successful.

Quote from: I don't like quoting myself but... on Thu 19/09/2013 23:31:09
[...]
Rules:

• You're free to depict any kind of scene but the scene should look like that it's being viewed from a window.
  • You must show the frame of the window. Whether the window is opened or closed, is entirely up to you. You'll have to draw the frame accordingly.
  • You're free to use any style for the window's frame but as mentioned before: you must show the frame of the window.
  • You must use, at all costs, the lower portion of the shape to depict either a ledge, a furniture piece (which may be placed beneath the window) or just plain room wallpaper. The choice is yours.

Come on, people. Join the fun ;-D!

selmiak

okay, now I get it. The text demanding the ledge/furniture was outside, so I thought we are free to add furniture on the outside of the windowview. But I'll add it in. And just to make things clear, the frame also has to be inside the shape, not outside!?

Adeel

You are free to show anything on the outside of the window view including furniture. But that's entirely up to the participant.

However, you must show furniture/ledge/wallpaper below the frame of the window (in the area which I've shown).

And yes, the frame must be inside the shape.

The frame and the furniture/ledge/wallpaper are the real challenge, in my opinion. :)

Sorry for not explaining it.

Stupot

I've started working on something for this.  Watch this space :-)

Adeel

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 22/09/2013 15:28:39
I've started working on something for this.  Watch this space :-)

I'm glad that you're taking interest. Waiting to see your entry. :)

@TGames:
You must draw the frame (open or closed - it's your choice) to make it more like a window. The flower will be then drawn above the frame (obviously).

Here are my thoughts on your entry:
You see the world with hope. You believe in piece and nature. Calm, Peaceful and Natural Environment gives you the most pleasure! :)

EDIT:
Added two more rules to explain the theme properly.

selmiak

I forgot to tell you, when I look outside my backwindow I actually see just a brickwall, so to not go crazy over this claustrophobic view I create little streetscenes with little figurines on my windowboard to make them look like they are part of the outside world. 8-)
[imgzoom]http://selmiak.bplaced.net/stuff/window_pic.png[/imgzoom]

I'll probably really animate this thing, there is something to it...

UnLady

Here's my entry. Below is the small version. Well. Smaller. I kind of got carried away (and you did say we can scale it), so this is actually as small as I could make it before you lose most of the details.

It's supposed to be the world as viewed by the child inside. A far cry from the rather boring apartment building that is the actual view from my window.

Please let me know if size is an issue, I will try to do something to it.

PS For some reason, the smaller, embedded pic is darker than the original (the way it shows on photobucket)
PPS I also added a white border so the contour shape reads better.

----

Edited post.
I think, therefore I am, I think.

Adeel

Welcome UnLady :). If I'm not wrong, this is your first Colouring Ball Entry, so I hope that you enjoyed participating.

Quote from: UnLady on Mon 23/09/2013 13:36:22
[...]I kind of got carried away (and you did say we can scale it), so this is actually as small as I could make it before you lose most of the details. So below that is the link to the larger version.

[...] Please let me know if size is an issue, I will try to do something to it.

PS For some reason, the smaller, embedded pic is darker than the original (the way it shows on photobucket)
PPS I also added a white border so the contour shape reads better.

Any sizes are allowed as long as the shape is kept intact. I've no problem with the larger version, so you can easily post it here (if you like). In fact, I'm quite glad that you used the shape in an excellent manner! ;-D

As for your entry (first I'm going to use your lines):

Quote from: UnLady on Mon 23/09/2013 13:36:22
It's supposed to be the world as viewed by the child inside. A far cry from the rather boring apartment building that is the actual view.

This entry excellently portrays the imaginative and innocence of children. That age is definitely the most golden era of everybody's whole life. Free from the worldly troubles, the children love to live in their own world.

For in their world: there's no competition, no jealousy, no enmity, no hatred for anyone. They only want sweetness, kindness, love and affection and will give the same in return. :)

Stupot

Wow, that's awesome UnLady.

Here's my attempt:

You know when you're in the train station and it's your turn at the ticket booth and then the clerk goes missing.  that's what's happened here.

I might have a go at adding some more details at some point, but I'm not sure what kind of time I'll have so assume this is the final version unless otherwise advised :D

UnLady

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Mon 23/09/2013 19:21:56
Welcome UnLady :). If I'm not wrong, this is your first Colouring Ball Entry, so I hope that you enjoyed participating.

I did! It is a lovely theme. I got carried away with it, adding more and more detail. It was great fun drawing it.

QuoteThis entry excellently portrays the imaginative and innocence of children. That age is definitely the most golden era of everybody's whole life. Free from the worldly troubles, the children love to live in their own world.

For in their world: there's no competition, no jealousy, no enmity, no hatred for anyone. They only want sweetness, kindness, love and affection and will give the same in return. :)

Wow. You have a way with words. I wasn't anywhere nearly that articulate inside my own mind. What I had in mind was more one the lines of: 'Castle... mmm... sunny, mm, what else?... Caaaaandy!' But if you feel all that when looking at my drawing, it means I have succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks for the big thumbs up. And for the lovely theme.

PS. I already edited the original post to show the larger image.
I think, therefore I am, I think.

Tabata

reverie of a mouse

Hold fast to dreams
for if dreams die
life is a broken winged
bird that can not fly.

MiteWiseacreLives!

jwalt

The view from my window in about a month...

[imgzoom]http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/jwalt10705/CB_Adeel003_zps9e571efa.png[/imgzoom]

Early? Well, they're already selling the candy, so I guess not.

Adeel

Yay! Four new entries ;-D! Sorry, I were very busy on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and couldn't reply then.

@Stupot+:
You've earned a lot of praises from me because of your entry (nod). You've used the shape in such an excellent manner that even I couldn't have imagined about my shape being used like this. I'm left speechless. Superb work, Stu. Superb work. :)

Here are my thoughts on it:
None can define frustration more clearly than a person who waits patiently for his turn and when his turn comes, he gets to know that his patience wasn't fruitful. Yes, the fruit of patience is sweet. But there's no 100% guarantee of it being delivered. Whenever something happens like this, the frustrated person just wants to end the world. 

@Tabata:
Wow, Tabby. The colours of your entry are very rich. The reverie is quite nice too. :)

It's said that Dreams are a vital part of life. Dreams are the objectives or missions of a person. Everyone chases them whether their dreams are small or big. Besides, no one can stop dreaming. After all, dreams are the wildest form of imagination where everything is in the favour of the dreamer. Here, I would like to say that: True Dreams aren't those which you have whilst sleepling. True Dreams are those which prevent you from sleeping!

@Khris:
Welcome to Coluring Ball. I haven't seen you in many (or is this your first time? ;)). I were surprised by your entry. I must admit, I hadn't seen that one coming. Clever use of shape :).

Anyways, here are my thoughts on your entry:
You're pissed off by the residents of the Earth. You've seen way too much of their stupidity and their ignorance. Maybe you're a pessimist? But one thing is confirmed i.e. you want to stay out of the Earth for a while and come back when a new and (more) saner generation arrives.

@jwalt:
That's quite a nice entry. Especially, the zombie skeleton rightfully enhances the effect (nod)! You've excellently predicted your (future) view.

Halloween is near. Beware of the kids trying to frighten you with their costumes. Make sure to keep packets of candy and/or treats ready. Otherwise, kids aren't going to forgive you. To celebrate and honour the occasion, make sure to watch your favourite horror movie or if you like interactive media more, then be sure to (re)play your favourite horror game.

Since I've expressed my thoughts on entries, time for some gossip:

Quote from: UnLady on Mon 23/09/2013 20:50:51

I did! It is a lovely theme. I got carried away with it, adding more and more detail. It was great fun drawing it.

I'm glad that you had fun and liked the theme. :)

Quote from: UnLady on Mon 23/09/2013 20:50:51
QuoteThis entry excellently portrays the imaginative and innocence of children. That age is definitely the most golden era of everybody's whole life. Free from the worldly troubles, the children love to live in their own world.

Wow. You have a way with words. I wasn't anywhere nearly that articulate inside my own mind. What I had in mind was more one the lines of: 'Castle... mmm... sunny, mm, what else?... Caaaaandy!' But if you feel all that when looking at my drawing, it means I have succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks for the big thumbs up. And for the lovely theme.

PS. I already edited the original post to show the larger image.

Thank you for liking my thoughts. I merely expressed what I felt. Thanks once again, I'm glad that you liked my theme. :)

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Tue 24/09/2013 06:18:42
Maybe you should check out the Mars One mission... But if you go who will patch our code?? :(

Fortunately, there are many who will help you (and others). For example: monkey, CW, Ryan etc. It's not like anyone's going to miss him or anything!
Spoiler
(laugh)
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk