Real-life Room Escape Games

Started by Stupot, Tue 08/10/2013 11:20:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

CaptainD

What a great idea! 8-)

Next: Create a huge movie set style location and make players play the whole of Primordia in real life. 8-0

monkey424

I just recently experienced this real-life room escape game in Beijing. A group of six of us participated. There are different levels of difficulty and some idiot in our team decided we were clever enough for the difficult level. We were led to the first room where we spent 10 minutes faffing about before the lights were turned off, forcing us to continue with flashlights. All the clues were in Chinese, and I can't read Chinese. The others in our group could read Chinese, however they are amateurs and lacked the worldly experience I have of playing these sort of games on computer. We finally managed to escape the room when our one hour was up and we exited through the gift shop.

Happy New Year! 8-)

Eric

Hey, I missed this thread somehow! I am curious, since you've been through this in person -- do you get a walkthrough at the end, to find out what you missed out on solving?

monkey424

Yes you get a walkthrough at the end (but it was in Chinese, and I'd lost interest by that stage to care). We managed to advance to the third room but needed abundant spoilers and hand-holding, provided by big-brother-esk announcements from a wall mounted speaker. Needless to say we were a pretty useless bunch!

tzachs

There's also one in New York.
Planning to go there sometime soon...

CaptainD

I've just found out there's one in Birmingham not all that far from me.  Might have to do it sometime... though I suspect I'll be terrible at it! (roll)

faerieevenstar

OMG There's one near me too!! :shocked: http://www.keyhunter.co.uk/

I totally want to go to one of these. We should do AGS forum meet-ups in these places :-D

CaptainD

faerieevenstar

I don't know why, I assumed you were in Birmingham AL. I FAIL. *waves from across the city*

CaptainD

Heh, no worries - most people assume I'm in America for some reason.  I don't know why, it's not like I spell everything wrong! :-D (Before anyone gets all uppity and defends American English as valid spelling, I'm only joking. :P)

Retro Wolf

@Faerie: I like to think if I ever met up with an AGSer, they'd turn out to be a murderer or something, like something out of a bad teen horror movie!

Real life adventure game? My brain seizes up when I'm put on the spot! I'd be rubbish!

Adeel

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Sun 29/06/2014 19:54:33
I like to think if I ever met up with an AGSer, they'd turn out to be a murderer or something, like something out of a bad teen horror movie!

What a pussy you are, so scared of getting killed! :tongue:

Stupot

Mittens of the Dead.
If I were attending Mittens I'd design such a game for everyone...
But I'm not.
So I won't.
But someone should!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk