A Quiz!

Started by Calin Leafshade, Wed 09/10/2013 13:18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Quote from: Tibatonk on Wed 20/11/2013 14:30:59a two-faced marshal's further alias;
Could the answer to this part be 'slim'?  Marshall Mathers / Eminem's further alias being 'slim shady'.

Stupot

Tibatonk

Sorry, missed your post. Thanks for the bump.

Nice answer, but I'm afraid it's not the right one. We're talking about a marshal, not a Marshall.

Edit: I somewhat changed the first clue to make it easier to understand. It is now "Either a shoe salesman or a fitter of concrete shoes". (Used to be "Something a shoe salesman and a fitter of concrete shoes have in common".)

dactylopus

The two-faced marshal, I'm guessing it's Tommy Lee Jones?

He played both Two-Face and a US Marshal.

Stupot

I'm starting to think that these are all (or mostly) acronyms or abbreviation:

Either a shoe salesman or a fitter of concrete shoes;
AL (I typed 'show salesman' into google and it came up with Al Bundy from Married with Children, which reminded me of the famous mobster Al Capone)

not the most likely thing to run through your veins by far, but not the most unlikely either;
(probably a susbtance's chemical symbol, but I don't know which one fits the clue.  At a guess, Iron (Fe)?)

part of a prince's famous lament; (to be = two Bs = BB)

the recipient of a Canadian decoration;
(I guess there are a lot of different ones and they probably all have abbreviations)

a two-faced marshal's further alias;
(Tommy Lee Jones was also agent K in Men in Black)

and the unit of a conductor's property.
Again, I don't know this but it is probably the SI unit of something, but I don't really know much about electrical stuff?

So is any of this on the right track?
AL (fe) BB __ K __

Eric

What's it all about, AL (fe)?

Tibatonk

Al & K are correct, Fe and BB are incorrect.

The two remaining ones are on the right track (and also happen to be my least favorite clues).

Surplusguy

Just going out on a limb here, but "unit of a conductor's property" might be, say, a "Unit train?" I know conductors don't own their trains but you said "the answer might stop you in your tracks" so, you never know.
GHRPLTSM

Cuiki

Poison? Alice Cooper? Copper? Cu?
I'll better stop...
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Tibatonk

Okay, some more hints:

-The answers to the clues do not spell out the final answer. There will be one more step necessary. They are in the right order, though.
-The second clue is not about a type of chemical element running through your veins.
-The "recipient of a Canadian decoration" could also be the "recipient of an Australian decoration", in case there are more Australians around.

Ben X

Is it possible that all the answers will be chemical element symbols? Al for aluminium, K for potassium? And so the final step will be naming the chemical compund they form?

Eric

Could the decoration be the OM, or the Order of Merit?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk