Using the 'breath' function in GEMINI RUE on android devices (no ctrl working)

Started by land.of.adventure, Thu 31/10/2013 13:13:21

Previous topic - Next topic

land.of.adventure

Hi everyone

I originally posted this in the AGS Engine for Android Thread following an earlier post requesting help.

After finally getting it to work, I hope this information serves anyone who may be experiencing similar issues when playing Gemini Rue on (certain) android devices.

So enjoy friends and 'breath' away in those lovely combat sequences in the great game that is GEMINI RUE.

with credit to user zdj here on these forums and to jjs and others working on the Engine.

Thanks

LOA

Enjoy:

I made the error of attempting to breath while ducked behind cover. By the time I had plugged in the keyboard (via otg), the original ctrl settings had booted up (from my earlier gemini rue save)

So, to clarify for anyone else who wishes to 'breath' in Gemini Rue on an android device (mine specifically being a samsung galaxy S4), I suggest using zdj's advice of doing the following (my own additions included)

1. Open the game menu (by hitting the back button
2. Hit the keyboard button in the menu (assuming your copy of Gemini rue has that feature, earlier copies lacked keyboard key remapping)
3. Reassign the 'breath' fuction from ctrl to the number 6
4. Return to the game and when prompted to breath during the game, step out of cover (so that you are now aiming at your target) and tap the 'F' key to breath, not 6!

And that is your (current) solution. So far, I guess neither zdj or myself know the reason why this works.
Additional note: This is confirmed working on zdj's Galaxy S3 and on my Galaxy S4.

Enjoy friends and I look forward to AGS developing further for Android.

LOA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk