King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 18/01/2014 10:39:56
"When and how to use the gift is up to you, and the only instruction I can give to you now is to only use it when the end is near. There is no right or wrong time, however, but each ruler who has used the gift has wished they hadn't, and each ruler who didn't use the gift has wished they had. Heed these words: when the time is dire and your kingdom is truly in peril, then you may call upon this gift, and in doing so you will evoke powers that can both help and harm."

> Use Magic Object to fix WHAM's harddisk and save the kingdom.

Problem

Quote from: cat on Sun 20/04/2014 08:42:58
+1

Tabata

That's a great one, cat! We can make it happen! Let's do the magic! 

+1   :grin:

miguel

(laugh)

+1
Working on a RON game!!!!!

WHAM

// ERROR - FATAL ERROR
// GRAPHICAL DISPLAY FAILURE
// *** PROCESSING ***
//
// RECOVERY FAIL
//
// REVERTING TO SIMPLE MODE
//

GUTHWALD and LANCELOT leave your presence.
The sands in the hourglass run through and the sun begins to set outside, as your final audience for the day arrives before you.

Three men, short in stature and somewhat familiar in look, arrive before you.
They wear thick furs and horned helmets and sport vicious battleaxes.
The men remind you of the LOST WARRIOR you provided with shelter not too long ago.

"Hail, King of the southlands!" -the leader of the small group greets you in a booming voice.

"I am Ulric the Brave, and these are my men. We seek a man of the northlands who came travelling this way.
We hear word that he may have passed through your town, and if this be the case, then I hereby request that you give us any information on his location or whereabouts, so that we may apprehend him without delay.

Do you know of the criminal I speak of?" -he asks.

It is obvious that this man speaks of your mysterious guest; Rorik.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ghost

Ooo lovely, we're back!

I suggest we take advantage of our position as KING and demand an explanation first. I mean, Rorik didn't look that much like a criminal, and the Northern laws may be different from ours. Maybe it's illegal to own a carp over there.

> ask ULRIC to explain the situation in detail

[edit]
We should also have something done about EVERYONE stumbling into our place with weapons. Seriously. That can't be healthy in the long run.

miguel

As I asked some months ago when Sir Kevin showed up:

Quote from: miguel on Mon 16/12/2013 19:42:02
This could have turned into a deadly situation. How does Lancelot allow 15 armed men so close to us?

>Order Lancelot to confiscate all weapons to visitors of the throne room;
>Cautiously reprehend Lancelot for allowing 16 armed men into the throne room;

*************************************************************************************+

I went back some pages and Rorik said he had some companions who somehow stopped following him, as he never really told us what happened...
So now the plot thickens...

Quote> ask ULRIC to explain the situation in detail
+1

P.s: thank you WHAM

WHAM

The King requests that Ulric explain the reasons behind his search for this other Northman.
As you ask your question Ulric's expression becomes one of grim revelation.

"I see you do not deny knowing of the man we seek...

Very well. We are looking for RORIK, son of Rorik, a coward, a kinslayer and a blood-traitor,
so that he may be brought to face Northern Justice.

The man escaped our lands after murdering his brother and abandoning his sister to her death,
a different crime, perhaps, but murder in everything but name.

The laws of the North say that for these crimes he must face trial and harsh punishment.

If you know where Rorik is, reveal this to us now, and we shall bother you no more.
The man is not worthy of trust and is outright dangerous!"

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

cat

> "Rorik is currently my guest. Those are some serious accusations you make. Do you have any proof?"

Problem

I don't think we should tell them that he is our guest yet. Let's see if they have any proof first. How about this:

> "Yes, I know this man, he came here recently. I can help you find him, but those are some serious accusations you make. Do you have any proof?"

This gives us more options. Tell them that Rorik is here, or (if we want to protect him) tell them that Rorik left the kingdom.

Ghost

Quote from: Problem on Tue 29/04/2014 19:29:29
> "Yes, I know this man, he came here recently. I can help you find him, but those are some serious accusations you make. Do you have any proof?"

+1. It won't harm our reputation if we play it save here, and I think we do outrank Ulric.

miguel

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 29/04/2014 20:51:53
Quote from: Problem on Tue 29/04/2014 19:29:29

+1. It won't harm our reputation if we play it save here, and I think we do outrank Ulric.

+1

WHAM

"Yes, I know this man, he came here recently.
I can help you find him, but those are some serious accusations you make.
Do you have any proof?"

The northmen glance at one another and seem to ponder their situation for a moment.
You feel that your request for proof has caught them by surprise.

Eventually Ulric speaks up:
"We have no proof to offer, and I see not what proof I could offer to you, Southern King,
which would impress you in any way. The dead tell no tales, and there are no living
witnesses to this man's crimes.

All we can offer is our word of honour, and the promise
that, should you come between us and this murderer, we shall not forget the injustice."

miguel

> Tell Ulric that the King does not like to be threatened. Therefore Rorik will not be handed over just because it is Ulric's wish.
> Demand Ulric to dispose of his weapons while Rorik is summoned and a just trial will be in order. He may leave at once if he does not agree knowing that we, The King, will not forget the disrespect.   

Haggis

I think now is the time to utilise the secret powers of the unknown object left to us by the manimal stranger!

Either that or offer ourselves up in Rorik's place. He may be guilty, he may be innocent, but either way the people of the Southernlands need an experienced king who actually knows a thing or two about how the world works, where he is, and who he's ruling. Rorik and his gnarled worldly experience could be that King! All hail King Rorik the may-or-may-not-be-guilty!

I love this game, spent an hour this morning at work catching up on events so far. Even in retro text version it is captivating :-D

cat

> Ask the man to wait a moment outside the room. Order the Jester to bring Rorik without him beeing seen by the other guys and ask him (Rorik) about the accusations.

NightHawk

>Order the jester to record the name and rank of all the northerners who came for Rorik.

WHAM

"Know this, Northener, I am a KING and I do not take kindly to being threatened!"
-you boom in a show of power, which would have lesser men wince and step back,
yet Ulric and his men stand their ground completely stoic.

"You shall not have Rorik, as here in the south a man cannot be convicted by words alone.
Bring me proof of Rorik's guilt and you will have my assistance.
If you cannot do this, then we are done here."

Ulric does his best to remain calm, although you can tell that he is quite furious.
"As you wish, southern King, we leave you in peace, but we WILL remember."

Without further word the northmen turn and leave, the heavy furs they wear
waving around them as they move.

The sun is setting and night is about to fall.
You should probably REST soon.

miguel

Okay, so I got us a new enemy, so what? :=
If we were a Corleone, we'd send somebody to take care of them as they leave town, somewhere remote and quiet.

Anyway, please agree with me on this one, fellow rulers:

> Tell Lancelot that no party of men are allowed to enter the throne room with their arms.
> Rest;

Ghost

Quote from: miguel on Mon 05/05/2014 09:57:41
> Tell Lancelot that no party of men are allowed to enter the throne room with their arms.
> Rest;
+1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk