(Solved) Legacy Music Volume Adjustment works from one side - from the other not

Started by Le Woltaire, Mon 11/11/2013 07:22:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

I have a sequence of connected rooms with different legacy music volume adjustment properties.

When I enter the room sequence from the first room by an aMusic5.play();   command they get all ignored.
When I enter the room sequence from the last  room by an old PlayMusic(5); command they work.

If I try to use the old command in the first room it doesn't work.
When I try the new command in the last room volume also doesn't get adjusted in the last room...

What can be the reason for this and how can I fix it?

Crimson Wizard

New audio system does not use room volume setting - at all.
The question is why the old commands do not work in certain rooms. What settings do you have there and how it works in practice?

Le Woltaire

Oh ok...
that explains everything.
What is the easiest way to change background volume music in a room sequence then, with the new sound system?

I had big problems when I converted my work from ags 3.12 to 3.21...
All my music commands didn't work anymore.
Music didn't change at all from room to room...

It seemed to me like a gigantic bug...
Because sometimes it worked and sometimes not...

So I passed through all PlayMusic commands and rescripted them to the new music system.
However sometimes I had to insert a StopMusic() command at the fade in settings in order to start the new music.

Now it seems that I have a stable version but I want to focus on the details that got lost...

Khris

Use a global AudioChannel pointer; you can create one in the global variables pane, afaik.
Then do
Code: ags
  backgroundMusic = aMusic5.Play();

// change volume in another room
  backgroundMusic.Volume = 30;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk