Ponch is in trouble now

Started by jwalt, Tue 26/11/2013 01:01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

Decided to make a few T-shirts for Ponch, to help cover up his studly hungwellness.

Thanks, Ponch, for putting up with this! I'm having fun, but I may be the only one. Since I don't have a Tokyo street scene, nor have I rigged PonchZilla, I'm running out of things to do with Gumby Ponch.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: jwalt on Thu 28/11/2013 13:56:31
I'm running out of things to do with Gumby Ponch.
You make it dance like his avatar.

jwalt

I'd had the model rigged and skinned at one point in time, but Anim8or crashed and I realized I had not saved since I finished the model. I'd lost the bones and the weight painting. His avatar dance was my intended animation, but I've been reluctant to go back and try it again.

Ponch

If I had that Square Peniks shirt, I would proudly wear it every day without pants. :=

Also a big fan of that Bovineoraptor. A rare glimpse into the controversial theory of prehistoric carnivorous cattle, the scourge of early man and the true monsters behind most of our ancient myths of horrifying monsters (Grendel, Tiamat, etc.). One day, science will be forced to accept the truth of these ravenous, milk-squrting monsters who so terrorized our distant ancestors that legends of them live on even today. And brave people like you will be the ones who make that happen, jwalt.  Keep fighting the good fight, sir! (nod)

jwalt

I worked some on the dance, rigging and skinning. Nothing to write home about, but my meshes seem to be fairly well behaved.

Blender continues to elude my grasp, so this is still Anim8or.

Edit:

Realizing that Thanksgiving isn't an international holiday, I still thought I'd pass this along with my thanks for you folks putting up with me:

I modeled the snowman character in Anim8or, but the concept came from a Blender tutorial at http://www.katsbits.com/

I couldn't even get through the modeling portion of the tutorial in Blender.

qptain Nemo

A snowman is better than Turkey? I'm pretty sure that's offensive to the residents of that fine country.

Though to be fair, this snowman is quite cute.

Ghost

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Fri 29/11/2013 07:31:14
A snowman is better than Turkey? I'm pretty sure that's offensive to the residents of that fine country.

There is, however, the Snowman Pie.

Inoffensive to all countries, an improvement over standalone turkey, and best: In a pinch it can be made with turkey in it, elevating it to a compliment to everyone, including the turkey.

Ponch

I like your snowman, jwalt. And Ghost's snowmen look adorably delicious! :cheesy:

jwalt

You wouldn't have liked the one I had going in Blender! Sigh... Decided to try your alter-ego:

Ponch

Very cool. :cheesy: But I must give credit to ProgZ. He was the one who drew the "Hugh Heifer" gif. :=

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 29/11/2013 23:03:29
There is, however, the Snowman Pie.
That looks delicious, man.

jwalt

Another one.

Almost need an assistant to help keep the various files in order. I'm finding out why some of the things a tutorial on Hexagon was stressing are important. You know, drawing the stuff might not be such a bad idea, afterall. Only, I can't do that either. Made in Anim8or.

Ponch

My next cow avatar (after the Xmas one), will fly a yellow plane. To MS-Gif-Animator! AWAYYYY!!! :cheesy:

jwalt

Ponch, dusting off his Shakespeare:

Alas, poor Yorick, Ponch knew you well...

Edit: Quick suggestion from a friend offering a better caption: "Alas, poor Yorick, I moo him well..."

Problem

Ghost

Problem, that's ADORABLE! Ponch! Steal it!

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Problem on Wed 18/12/2013 23:10:29
IMG
It needs to shift its body weight to the sides, turning the torso, and then it also needs to push the hips to the sides as well. Basically to add to that cartoon style dance of weight shifting and quick movements. Has potential though, I like it.

Problem

Here's a quick update. Should I do something meaningful instead? Maybe, but what could be more meaningful than a cow?

Monsieur OUXX

The vote is now open :

Please vote below to demand that this dancing 3D cow becomes Ponch's new avatar.

Vote count: 2 (me, ghost)

CaptainD

Monsieur, you have my vote!! :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk