Ponch is in trouble now

Started by jwalt, Tue 26/11/2013 01:01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

Probably a tad too much bum wiggle, but most importantly you're only side shifting the shoulders, and the waist looks like it is sitting still, or possibly even going in the opposite direction slightly; whereas Ponch's avatar has the shoulders and waist moving in unison. To better define myself, when his avatar's shoulders side shift left so do the hips. Do that and I think it should be a pretty eerie replica of his avatar. It would be awesome to see a straight on shot to replicate the angle of his avatar. 3D vs pixels baby!

Edit: This is like when Homer goes into the 3D void. ;)

CaptainD

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 19/12/2013 10:02:57
Probably a tad too much bum wiggle

Don't be silly Ryan - this is Ponch we're talking about, remember?!?!?

Problem

It's not meant as an exact replication, I guess that wouldn't really work in 3D. But you can never have too much bum-wiggling :-D

Final update + front view:

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Problem on Thu 19/12/2013 11:22:42
It's not meant as an exact replication, I guess that wouldn't really work in 3D.
Oh, I assumed you were. But it should look relatively close in the 3D image, it's just not moving the same way. From head to crotch is a straight vertical line that only side shifts left to right, the legs angling back and forth.

Do you have this rigged with skeleton or just manually moving the mesh around? Either way, if you have the standing model could you zip it over, I'll see if I can give her a go.

Ponch

If this keeps up, this thread will become my new homepage! :=

Thanks, jwalt and Problem. You've brought a smile to my face. As William Shatner said in MacBeth, "I drink to the general joy o' the whole table thread." (I loved MacBeth! He could do anything with that Swiss army knife!) :cool:

Ghost

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 19/12/2013 09:59:19
The vote is now open :
Vote count: 2 (me, ghost)

+1 from my niece, too!

Tabata

Problem

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 19/12/2013 18:20:48
Do you have this rigged with skeleton or just manually moving the mesh around? Either way, if you have the standing model could you zip it over, I'll see if I can give her a go.
Pssst... that's not an animation, it's Ponch filmed in front of a blue screen. 8-)

I can upload the model if you're interested, it was done in Blender. I rigged it, but that was done quickly and rather chaotic, so the skeleton wouldn't be much help for you. It's a simple model, and it shouldn't be too hard to imitate the original animation. But I actually like the way the cow moves now, so I'll leave it at that. :)

jwalt

Quote from: Problem on Thu 19/12/2013 20:41:21

Pssst... that's not an animation, it's Ponch filmed in front of a blue screen. 8-)

I suspected it all along... Neat job! Makes me reluctant to post anything else. Still, I wanted to give Ponch more stuff to look at...

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/jwalt10705/femCowBig1_zps42aa942c.gif

Supposed to be female, and a walk cycle, but turned out more Baywatch Run Cycle.   Anim8or.

jwalt

I was discussing Problem's Ponch with a Chinese friend of mine. He hooked me up with some folks that made a quick knock off, done with Anim8or, or some such. They even made it dance, but not quite as nicely as Problem's.

We then began discussing some possible marketing, and it seems immense. A Ponch Bobble Head was no problem at all.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/jwalt10705/ponchBobble1_zps4b95a888.gif

I can easily envision a Hawaiian Ponch, with lei and oscillating grass skirt, on the dashboard of every car in America. Or a pastoral Ponch, with the commandments and his shepherd's staff. Or, for those so inclined, a red colored devil Ponch complete with pitch fork standing above the ash tray. Or, consider Tickle Me Elmo... Ponch speaking his favorite sayings. And since his favorite sayings are often, shall we say, down and dirty, the likelihood of being sued for naughty words is practically nonexistent.

Problem, you should have pursued this a bit more.

Edit: The Devil made me do it:

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/jwalt10705/ponchFire1_zps720b45f8.gif

Problem

Hey, that's pretty nice. :)
We could turn this tread into a "Let's remake Ponch's avatar in as many styles as possible" challenge. For that we need even more artists drawing or modelling cows. ;)

jwalt

@Problem

Sounds interesting. I tried for Hawaiian Ponch, but wasn't as successful as I'd hoped.

Ponch has a Hula Bone. Bet he didn't even know that.

Edit:

Tried to bring Ponch into the Star Wars universe.

Had an animation in mind, but the cloak is giving me too much trouble. Obviously did something wrong.

Edit2: Name suggested by a friend: Obi Wan Cownobi.

Edit 3: More with Obi-Wan Cownobi - Mature content -

Dialogue to accompany-

Obi-Wan Cownobi: These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Smaller Trooper: These aren't the droids we're looking for.

Bigger Trooper: These so aren't the droids we're looking for.

selmiak

If you put an equally interesting background behind this scene you will instantly win all kind of bizarro awards! :D

Ghost

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 24/12/2013 12:03:26
If you put an equally interesting background behind this scene you will instantly win all kind of bizarro awards! :D

I suggest GIANT golden p3n1s awards. :=

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 24/12/2013 13:01:34
Giant? This is 2013, in fact it's almost 2014, son. We need something modern, stylish and efficient. I'd rather suggest some kind of a minimalist pnsr award.

jwalt

I was having problems getting this thread to load on my internet connection, too many images (mostly mine), so I selectively dropped some of the image tags and left just the links.

I found an old audition tape of Ponch's. He did a screen test for the Knotty Beard role in an earlier OSD game. He didn't get the part, but here's the tape, edited for your viewing pleasure:

Anim8or. Always wanted to do a waving flag. Merry Christmas, Ponch, and the rest of you folks as well!

Tabata

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Tue 24/12/2013 18:51:16
Quote from: Ghost on Tue 24/12/2013 13:01:34
Giant? This is 2013, in fact it's almost 2014, son. We need something modern, stylish and efficient. I'd rather suggest some kind of a minimalist pnsr award.
It's always the same with you guys - too big, too small, too ...what ever  (wtf)

It wasn't my fault that none of you modeled for me when I made it,
so now you have to live with the one that was made  :grin:

... also
found a shot from Ponchy during he's reading the forums

Ponch

KnottyCow! :cheesy:

This thread continues to entertain! Thanks everyone. :kiss:

Tabata

>>> Ponch's good deed

Now we know why Ponch has been away this christmas ~ he was really busy!

Santa won't admit, but here's the proof that Ponch secretly saved christmas (nod)
     (... and why Santa forbid to talk about it)
Spoiler

trans:
        Santa:“I'll never forgive you this!“   ~   â€žNever!“
[close]

Ghost

Quote from: jwalt on Wed 25/12/2013 03:16:36
I was having problems getting this thread to load on my internet connection, too many images (mostly mine), so I selectively dropped some of the image tags and left just the links.

No no! Just because your connection is sh+tty you can't try to make it better for you! I waited for years to get a stable, fast connection and I demand my pictures! Otherwise I may be forced to send wolves, with jetpacks, to hunt you.
Please render a wolf with a jetpack.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk