Ponch is in trouble now

Started by jwalt, Tue 26/11/2013 01:01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Thu 25/09/2014 01:35:37
Quote from: jwalt on Wed 24/09/2014 16:31:13
Not going to say which is which, or who is what.

So let's see.....  Mr. Mandarb is pretty righteous, so he must be The Good.  And I make no secret of my sinister villainy, so I must be The Bad.  So that leaves Ponch as.... ;)
OH! OH! I KNOW! :cheesy:
Spoiler
[close]

jwalt

Haven't been able to model Ghost's Kee, so I modeled Ghost's key.

Edit: This is what happens when they take me off the meds...

The black and white photos I found on the web, and I don't own them. One advantage about using Ponch's coat for the texture on his coat, I don't have to worry about poke through. And anyone ever see Darth without the hat?

jwalt

Story behind this effort, but I won't bore you with it; it involves Pet Shop Boys' West End Girls, and a recent trip to KFC. So, anyway:

The guys engaged in the favorite guy pastime: girl watching.

Ponch

When I saw that hair on my cow, my first thought was "Flock Of Seagulls" :=

jwalt

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 29/09/2014 18:38:37
When I saw that hair on my cow, my first thought was "Flock Of Seagulls" :=

A rock group... Now that's a thought.

I'll work on it: guitars, amps, lights...

Edit: And maybe add Adeel, with his sitar?

Ponch

Bass Sitar?

And for the record, I play drums in real life, thank you. :cool:

jwalt

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 30/09/2014 00:58:09
Bass Sitar?

And for the record, I play drums in real life, thank you. :cool:

Rats. Something else I'll have to fix.

So, who's on the keyboard? Denise? And the drum logo is "The Cow Ponchers," in case your eyes are bleeding.

Baron

Am I playing some sort of ...oil can?

jwalt

Quote from: Baron on Tue 30/09/2014 02:30:54
Am I playing some sort of ...oil can?

Bass oil can... Placeholder art. Work in progress.

Edit:

Ponch

Is that like playing the whiskey jug... but for people from oil rich nations? (Curse you, Canadian oil reserves!)

Adeel

I really like the shirt you've given me in this one, jwalt. Also, where did you find out that I like Sitar? I like the concept behind it, you see. Just one string to play with and nothing else. Works good with my lazy self ;)

PS: Where's Tabata?

E: Can I have a miniature version of this Adeel for my glorious collection of Avatar? I've become a huge fan of that Pakistani shirt, to be honest!

jwalt

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Tue 30/09/2014 04:22:03
I really like the shirt you've given me in this one, jwalt. Also, where did you find out that I like Sitar? I like the concept behind it, you see. Just one string to play with and nothing else. Works good with my lazy self ;)

PS: Where's Tabata?

E: Can I have a miniature version of this Adeel for my glorious collection of Avatar? I've become a huge fan of that Pakistani shirt, to be honest!

And I'm thinking about Tabata, but have no trumpet in my closet. I'm not actually UV mapping the Pakistani flag to the shirt, so the results are not always quite what one expects. I'll work on the bigger figure tomorrow.

Adeel

Quote from: jwalt on Tue 30/09/2014 05:50:01
And I'm thinking about Tabata, but have no trumpet in my closet. I'm not actually UV mapping the Pakistani flag to the shirt, so the results are not always quite what one expects. I'll work on the bigger figure tomorrow.

I don't think the red shirt goes too well with the flag. Like in the original image, white shirt will work well imho.

jwalt

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Tue 30/09/2014 05:59:03
I don't think the red shirt goes too well with the flag. Like in the original image, white shirt will work well imho.

jwalt

Here's the bigger, little Adeel... Or is that the little, bigger Adeel. I seem to be confused.

Now, back to the band. I need better instruments. I need to correct the poke through on Ponch's inside jacket cuffs. I also need to figure out why Denise seems to be losing her shorts (some vertex being pulled the wrong way, I warrant). Damn drummers.

jwalt

And I gave The Baron a new Oil Can, only I thought they were called axes, by those in the business:

Adeel

Baron should have been playing this but guitar also works well with him! ;)

Baron

Awesome!  With that long trench coat, bass guitar, and Swedish flag undershirt I look like a tough-as-nails rocker.  Now all I need is some flames coming from my guitar and I will be UNSTOPPABLE!   

I reluctantly agree that Ponch should be promoted moved to drums (or at least a xylophone), if only because I believe this band needs the sultry crooning of Tabata on vocals. 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk