Thousandth post - Careful, competition inside

Started by Wyz, Tue 26/11/2013 01:12:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyz

I'm back and guess what, this is my thousandth post! Yaaay! This calls for something special; I want to do a competition of some sort, something original. First a bit of a teaser:

Has it ever happened to you on the internet that you have known someone for years but never actually seen this person? What do you think he or she looks like, have you pictured this? Is this image you have anything like what this person really looks like? Are there any hints apart from an actual image, does someones character somehow corresponds to their looks? This is something I've been wondering for years and this calls for an experiment!

Well this is where the competition comes in! But first we need a willing subject... well...(roll) Me! Yes, I've never posted a picture of me here and I guess I've been around long enough for people to know me. If not I'll be around now. ;)

So the competition: Get your pencils/paint/computer/crayons/whatever ready and draw/paint/pixel/whetever what you think I look like! You'll have two weeks and after that I'll post an actual picture. Then it's time to vote which of the entries you think resembles the most; the entry that gets the most votes wins, simple as that! Both the competition and the vote are open to everyone.

As for the winner: well I've got something special in mind but I'm still working out the details otherwise it will be just for kicks.

Good luck! :-D

- Wyz

Ps.
Since this is not an offical competition I've posted it here.

Pps.
Please don't cheat. Besides, if you'll google my real name you'll find some other dude so that won't work. But that's not what it's about to begin with.

Ppps.
This will be a weird experience..., why have I committed to this again? Oh right Pixelhunt, I know you'll read this folks, thanks for talking me into this,[size] oh well: for science! ;)

Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

DoorKnobHandle

I genuinely thought you were drunk when you suggested this competition haha. Never mind!

Anyways...

(I'm actually pretty sure you don't wear glasses but it looked funnier this way - but short dark hair and beard, that's what I'm going for).

Sane Co.

Bonus points if you can animate a sprite of how you think WYZ looks and walks, make sure to voice act it to show the way you think he talks also.

qptain Nemo

Here's my very serious attempt at guessing Wyz's looks.

Wyz

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Tue 26/11/2013 01:20:57
I genuinely thought you were drunk when you suggested this competition haha. Never mind!
Those things are not mutual exclusive :D

Interesting entries so far! keep them comming! ;-D

Wyz

Wow, I don't know what you're using but it working out for you I guess :P

Construed

I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

noavana

Dualnames

How i wish Wyz was.

Instead he's always like this

Apologies for the wonderful pictures i didn't draw.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 11/12/2013 17:16:42
Apologies for the wonderful pictures i didn't draw.
You shouldn't have said you didn't draw them, 'cause otherwise I wouldn't have even suspected. Regardless, the pictures are wonderful so I think they're still valid submissions.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ryan Timothy B

Dualnames, which movie or tv show is this from (the top one specifically)?

Dualnames

HAHAHAHAAHA

It's from an esquire shootout.

Ehm, I meant I drew it.

tzachs

Snake

Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

qptain Nemo

Wyz

Very nice. ;-D

Well that's been ... interesting so far. A bit later then expected but I'll post the picture next week. This gives you all time to discuss the entries so far in the meantime.

Wyz

Ok as promised the pictures!

Now get voting! (which one of the entries do you think is closest to what I actually look like)

I'll close this in a week or so and then we'll have a winner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk