DSM: Are we alone?

Started by Slasher, Tue 26/11/2013 13:26:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Dare you slip into the spacesuit of NASA astronaut John Dibble and find the answer to the burning question: "Are we alone?"

Features:
* Over 30 scenes
* Dynamic gui's
* Animated Ship Control Panel.
* An SDVD player where you can play any of your favorite onboard audio disks.
* 'SAL' an Onboard Artificial Intelligent computer (IC) that talks.
* Planetary Scanner.
* Move around on a hover board.
* A Journal to record tasks to perform.
* A PID (Planetary Information Database).
* Visions of home and family.
* Play a game 'within a game' to obtain a much needed item.
* Sound Panning.
  and much much more.......

Something evil lurks in the darkness of twisted spaces.

Tech:
640 x 480
16 Bit color
PLEASE NOTE: Uses DirectDraw

Many thanks to all those that helped complete this game.

Splash screen.

Is there life on other planets?

Hovering on a planet of sand with giant worms and a strange pyramid!

Finding an underwater city and a deep abyss.

A planet made of sparkling gem crystals (with animated sparkling).

Can you hit the right Doppler scale reading?

Download Deep Space Mission here

slasher

CaptainD

Congrats on the release!  Having played it pre-release I know that it's a bit of a different game experience to your typical adventure game - though obviously has many elements of traditional adventure gaming in it - and I think it has a unique charm as a result. 8-)

Mandle

This is out???

I have been looking at it in the dev thread and to be honest I thought it was one of those projects that looked too ambitious to every actually get released...

BUT NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You mean you actually did it?

OMG I will sooooo be playing the shite out of this when I get a few parsecs of spare time!!!

RetroJay

Hi Slasher.

Congratulations on the release!

Like CaptainD I also played it pre-release and I think that it is a damn good game.

I am downloading now to play the complete version as at the time I only played one part, over and over again.(laugh)
Looking forward to seeing what happens...
Will I ever get back home or be lost to the infinites of space forever?:~(

Jay.

Slasher

A TESTER HAS FOUND A MAJOR BUG NEAR THE END. DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNTIL THIS NOTICE HAS GONE.

Sorry to all those that may have come across this bug.

Problem has now been fixed. Will upload revised game tomorrow (Saturday).

Stupot

Quote from: slasher on Fri 29/11/2013 19:27:00
A TESTER HAS FOUND A MAJOR BUG NEAR THE END. DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNTIL THIS NOTICE HAS GONE.

Sorry to all those that may have come across this bug.

Problem has now been fixed. Will upload revised game tomorrow (Saturday).
Damn, this was going to be my Friday night treat.

Slasher

Sorry Stupot+,

My tester is going over V2 and hopefully by this evening I will know if it is valid to be published.

V2 Ready and can be downloaded.

Download Deep Space Mission here

Hernald

This is a smashing game with some well executed puzzles and sly humour.
It is a good length and Slasher's graphics get better with each game.
It was a pleasure to test this one!

Cogliostro

Downloaded the game and having a lot of fun with it. 

BUG:  I had the "Star Log" open when I clicked on the C-Panel and it locked the game up.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Slasher

Hi Cogliostro,

will look at and fix.

cheers

kaput

I was one of the folks lucky enough to get a link to this game before it was released - unfortunately due to time constraints and life commitments  I wasn't able to play very much. After completing the game I can now say that this project is a fairly well oiled machine. A very intricately oiled one at that. The game can seem quite patchy and started very complicating for me (too much going on, perhaps? A tutorial would have been cool), but if you look closely their is much skill in its execution. It's quite an ambitious project, but I can see it was so because Slasher wanted to prove something, evidently, with this one. At first glance you might not see it, but this game here has got a lot of pride and capability to be really quite enjoyable. I have to say well done.

Overall, an underplayed, quite funny AGS classic, potentially. Nice work. Worth a play!

Shadow1000

I encountered a problem that necessitated starting from a save point and losing my session's progress:

Possibly spoiler:
Spoiler

I am on the jungle planet and I was told that I need to make a nasty sound. I thought "gee, the noise emitter from the space junk shop should help". I never purchased it before because I didn't want to purchase items I don't see a need for and run out of money (although I don't know if that's possible). I was unable to leave the planet because the game wanted me to finish my job there before leaving. Unless the player bought the noise emitter hoping that it would come in handy, you will be stuck at this point, unless I'm missing something, such as another way to make noise
[close]

SHADOW

Slasher

Hi Shadow1000,

Hint:
Spoiler
Try the bamboo that should be there - that would be helpful ;)
[close]
Good luck

slasher

Shadow1000

Quote from: slasher on Thu 21/08/2014 08:48:18
Hi Shadow1000,

Hint:
Spoiler
Try the bamboo that should be there - that would be helpful ;)
[close]
Good luck

slasher

Hi Slasher

I gather from your response that there is more than one way to solve this and I wasn't really stuck. In which case I stand corrected. I'm enjoying the game and am close to completion.

Thanks and cheers

SHADOW

Tinytim

Great game Slasher, Thank you.:smiley: One problem I had was that I missed the
Spoiler
flux capacitor first time on KT2
[close]
then couldn't go back for it. Was that part of the game?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk