Steam sale!

Started by Mati256, Sun 01/12/2013 01:16:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Mati256

It's that time of the year again and prices are low. Are you waiting for any discount or have some games to recommend?
I have bought all Max Payne games and "Papers, please", I'm waiting for Metro Last Light, Shelter and little more.
My Blog! (En Español)

Ghost

I missed out on RPG Maker VX. It was extremely cheap, down to 15â,¬... I hope they'll reheasrse that. So ya, waiting for that one, though I admit I always only ever really tinkered with that stuff.

kconan

Yea, I've been checking it out and picked up Chivalry Medieval Warfare for a good deal.  I was hoping ARMA III would get a better discount, but I guess the game is too recent of a release. 

I had just bought Mount and Blade: Warband a few weeks ago, and now the sale has it for super cheap (roll)

Ghost

Quote from: kconan on Sun 01/12/2013 01:49:00
I had just bought Mount and Blade: Warband a few weeks ago, and now the sale has it for super cheap (roll)

Same here with Skullgirls. I don't regret the purchase because the game really is worth the going price, but sometimes I wonder WHO rolls their sale catalogue. It must be an extremely cruel and sardonic RNG.

DoorKnobHandle

I got Max Payne 3, Super Street Fighter IV, Dishonered with all DLC (pricing error, got it for 3 bucks!), Gunpoint, Rogue Legacy and Divekick this Autumn sale so far!

Ghost

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Sun 01/12/2013 02:06:15Dishonered with all DLC (pricing error, got it for 3 bucks!)
That green sulking thing in the corner over there, that's a ghost full of envy.

Sane Co.

Got prison architect. Was going to buy the new bioshock, but thought I could wait till winter.

Fitz

Got all the story DLC's for Sleeping Dogs -- the kung fu tournament, the ghost invasion and the crazy cultist bombers -- and finished them all already. Quite fun, actually. Then I got Bioshock 3, which haven't played yet. Considering getting Dishonored, too, but I might wait till xmas with that one.

qptain Nemo

Wellllll... I preordered Broken Sword 5.

Anian

Pricks at Gearbox keep selling base game Borderlands2 with discounts but Season pass is expensive (right now GOTY is 25 euros and SP is 20). So I'm waiting for a bigger discount on the SP. I get what they're doing, but still hate them.

I bought Sanctum2 SP for like 2,5 euros and got EU4 for 5 keys.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 01/12/2013 02:11:36
Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Sun 01/12/2013 02:06:15Dishonered with all DLC (pricing error, got it for 3 bucks!)
That green sulking thing in the corner over there, that's a ghost full of envy.

Haha, I got really lucky. They had the GOTY edition marked as 92% off instead of 66% I believe - for about 2 minutes. I just barely got my order in!

Ghost

So I opted out of the RPG Maker thing and spent the money on real games- like, adventure games and some oddball stuff I wanted to have anyways:

Blackwell Compilation, Gemini Rue, Monaco, Hammerwatch, Reus, Legend of Dungeon (thanks for the heads-up, WHAM!), Wizardry 8, and the Borderlands 2 Upgrade Pack, Blood of the Werewolf and Paranautical Activity (you got to shoot the ghost of Moby Dick- I call that instant awesome).

All them nice shiny new games! (laugh)

And a day later Starbound launches. Seriously. Who rolls the dice on Steam?

Mati256

I was waiting for Mark of the Ninja DLC and Shelter but the sale ended before I could buy them. They are really cheap actually, but where cheaper with the discount. :-D
My Blog! (En Español)

DBoyWheeler

I have RPG Maker XP--too bad Steam doesn't support it.  Aw, well, if I wanted to make a commercial game involving RMXP, I know of a site that allows that.  (roll)

LimpingFish

I'm so over Steam sales...

Bundles, baby...BUNDLES! ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ghost

Quote from: LimpingFish on Thu 05/12/2013 01:04:00
I'm so over Steam sales...

Maybe because you already OWN the WHOLE frikkin' LIBRARY! (laugh) Seriously man! I checked.
Spoiler
You even have Daikatana!
[close]

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 05/12/2013 01:17:36
Spoiler
You even have Daikatana!
[close]
What's wrong with being John Romero's bitch?

LimpingFish

You wanna talk about buyer's remorse?...I own Dreamkiller! And Shadow Harvest! And Pound of Ground!

What the fork is wrong with me?! :-[

kconan

Quote from: LimpingFish on Thu 05/12/2013 02:25:44
You wanna talk about buyer's remorse?...
I have that with Deadfall Adventures.  Checkpoint saves combined with cheap death traps is a horrible combination.  The game would be decent despite bad enemy AI, but its boring falling into a spike trap for no reason and then having to replay from the checkpoint over and over until you learn where the cheap traps are through trial and error.

I also bought the new Shadow Warrior, which is kind of fun.

Ghost

I don't do buyer's remorse. A bad game can teach you a lot. (nod) Only Phantasmagoria. Oh man, I remorsed that like, a week.

Quote from: LimpingFish on Thu 05/12/2013 02:25:44
What the fork is wrong with me?! :-[
The fact that you don't own Phantasmagoria redeems you, though. And I hear Daikatana is okay as long as you hack the game to remove the companions, run away from all the enemies, and you never use the titular sword (laugh) You know, that weapon that takes up 2/3 of the screen and GLOWS.

Wizardry 8 is pretty cool. I missed that old-school party hackfest. And hey, dragons as a playable class. Also fairies and what I must call Wookies.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 05/12/2013 02:44:34
I don't do buyer's remorse. A bad game can teach you a lot.
You wouldn't say that if you had purchased Vampire Rain for full XBox prices. Yup, I bought it. I was bored and wanted a game to play, yet for some reason didn't think to check online ratings with my phone while in the store. Worst purchase ever. Even at $1 I would've regretted it (at $50-60 I was almost determined to invent a time machine to warn myself - yes, it was that bad!).

Armageddon

I got Rainbow Six 3, Omikron and Anachronox, which I already own but Steam is mostly convenience.

I'd highly recommend Anachronox to everyone, it's the best RPG I've ever played and I really hate turn based games so it held my attention long enough to finish it. There was also a machinima made out of it which is over an hour long and just as good as playing the game with all the boring fights cut out.

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Armageddon on Thu 05/12/2013 03:05:49
There was also a machinima made out of it which is over an hour long and just as good as playing the game with all the boring fights cut out.
It really isn't quite as good though, because you'd miss out on all the brilliant NPCs, interactivity, exploration... But yeah, the game is a definite recommendation alright.
I'd go as far as yet again proclaim it the best computer game ever made.

Armageddon

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Thu 05/12/2013 03:50:25
Quote from: Armageddon on Thu 05/12/2013 03:05:49
There was also a machinima made out of it which is over an hour long and just as good as playing the game with all the boring fights cut out.
It really isn't quite as good though, because you'd miss out on all the brilliant NPCs, interactivity, exploration... But yeah, the game is a definite recommendation alright.
I'd go as far as yet again proclaim it the best computer game ever made.
If it wasn't for the bugs and lack of full voice acting and cliff hanger ending I would agree. :-D

AGA

The Cat Lady is on the front page of the Steam store (New Releases box).

monkey0506

Yeah, I'm not saying that EVERYONE SHOULD BUY THE CAT LADY ON STEAM or anything, but IT'S A REALLY GOOD GAME, AND EVERYONE SHOULD BUY IT ON STEAM.

The Meek Geek

I just downloaded FOR FREE, Deux Ex Machina on Steam because I recently bought a SAPPHIRE Graphics Card with my new computer.
I also have Portal 1 and Skyrim for Steam.

LOVE those games! :)
Are you a GAMER? Do you want to earn BIG MONEY? WATCH this Video... http://youtu.be/MOz1yTuOArc ... DON'T MISS IT!

Cubefiend

got puzzle agent 1+2 for a friend, puzzle agent for myself, and strong bad's cool game for attractive people. will probably get dmc3 as well.
lauren merchant's magical adventure!

LimpingFish

I haven't bought that much, to be honest. Some Pinball FX2 tables, some indie titles, and Lost Planet 3. :-\

AGA

Not enough interesting new games have been released since the summer to make it worth buying anything.  Spent ten minutes flicking through, but couple find anything I wanted I didn't already own in hard copy.

Mati256

Arma II with the expansions, Shelter and Don't Starve (for 1.49) so far. :-D
My Blog! (En Español)

Ghost

I was really surprised to see two sales so close to each other; autumn and winter with barely a month between'em. Then again, some nice titles made it into the mix; I did buy RPG Maker for really cheap because Galen advised against it. (laugh)

selmiak

And now you code an adventure engine for RPG maker?

Anian

MagicTG 2013, bought it for 2.24, of which 1.02 was steam wallet card sale money, so 1.20 euros.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

DoorKnobHandle

I got hit Hitman: Absolution for 4.99 euro, that offer was too good for me not to give in. I loved all Hitman games prior to Absolution and while I know that it's quite a bit different, I still want to own it and give it a try, see how I like it.

Ghost

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 29/12/2013 13:35:47
And now you code an adventure engine for RPG maker?

EXACTLY. I am using DesertGhost Dann-Ass as my OC. Don't Steal! :=

selmiak

*steals Ghosts OC and sells in bulks way under price*

AGA

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Sun 29/12/2013 13:42:38
I got hit Hitman: Absolution for 4.99 euro, that offer was too good for me not to give in. I loved all Hitman games prior to Absolution and while I know that it's quite a bit different, I still want to own it and give it a try, see how I like it.

Currently replaying this actually.  It's such a good game.  Quite different from the others, but that's not a bad thing.  Much better stealth mechanics.

DoorKnobHandle

Neat, can't wait to get some time to play it, although that'll probably happen in 2015 - if I'm lucky! :p

Fitz

I've had little experience with previous Hitman games, only played demos -- loved H2 and H3, H4 not so much -- but I liked this one. It's very over-the-top sometimes -- but that shouldn't bother you if you're willing to accept a huge angry guy with a barcode tattoo on his neck posing as a gardener ;) It's a fun experience, very cinematic. The one thing that annoyed me were the penalty points for kills/getting noticed -- as if there's just one good way to do things. Even without the minus points, I'd still try my best to sneak my way through the game for the sake of the challenge -- but I'd like to be able to shoot everything in sight and feel like a boss, not a loser.

Speaking of stealth (and being a boss), I got Dishonored and Far Cry 3. Currently playing the latter, completely ignoring the main arc, taking over camps and hunting animals instead (laugh)

Eric

Haven't seen anyone note anywhere (maybe I missed it) that a two-pack containing Ben There, Dan That & Time, Gentlemen, Please is on sale for $0.50 on Steam currently.

Mati256

There is another Steam Sale going on. Steam page is a bit of a mess, can't even find Flash Sales if there are any. So it would be cool to share what deals you find. ;)
My Blog! (En Español)

LimpingFish

Quote from: Mati256 on Thu 27/11/2014 01:21:17
...can't even find Flash Sales if there are any.

I don't think there are. Or any community picks, for that matter.

Babar

Awww...so no gimmick this time?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk