MAGS December: "Rebirth" (Winner Announced)

Started by Atelier, Mon 02/12/2013 20:29:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Congratulations to Peder and Avatismus!! And thanks to whoever voted for Dakota. I didn't vote. :PP
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Radiant

Quote from: Atelier on Thu 16/01/2014 21:01:54
I may be inclined to allow paint-overs if the source is freely available to the public, as the rule is for audio - provided it's done sparingly (not constituting the majority of the game) and transparently. Even so, it's not worth making much of a comment on as this is the first time it's happened afaik.
Good point. I think the key here is honesty. If a game maker submits a MAGS entry and openly states "well, I took <this sound> or <that graphic> from <some source>" then the voters can take that into account, and if they think it is too much they can discuss it in the thread and/or vote for someone else. Allowing this may well lower the barrier for entry (as people can use e.g. RON materials) and we'll get more MAGS games, which is always a good thing.

Atavismus

I just came back from one week holidays without internet and learnt that CRYO won the MAGS!
I could not be more glad with this returning gift!
Thx to all of you who played it and vote, also thx to Dualnames: Dakota is a great competitor.
We are already on a new game, but if some people want to participate to a deluxe and/or extended version of CRYO, we'll do it.
We mainly need gfx, but ideas (story, riddles, etc.) are always welcomed: just PM us ;)
Thx again and have fun with AGS (playing or coding)!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk