Broken Sword 5 is released

Started by Stupot, Wed 04/12/2013 22:20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Well it's finally here! :-D

Who has got it already?  I got my backers code but the thing is still downloading due to my rubbish internet, so I probably won't be able to play any of it tonight.  Has anyone had a chance to play some of it yet? Thoughts? (no spoilers)

Also, who else watched the live launch stream with Charles and co.? It was really good fun (despite starting nearly two hours late, due to technical launch issues).  You can watch it here: http://www.twitch.tv/revolutionadventure

qptain Nemo

Hell yes! Playing it now, loving it, it brings back all the best memories. Offering your random inventory items to people inappropriately is back! :DDD

neon

Just downloaded. Let's have a look.... even if I actually want to have the full game, not only the first half of it.

Khris

I love it. It's absolutely perfect so far, the 3D characters are an amazing fit for the 2D backgrounds, the dialogs and voice acting is flawless.
I already laughed my ass off at some of the lines, and the puzzles are just like they should be.

The only downside is that I have to force myself not to play through it too quickly :)

Stupot

Well, looks like I can't even play the blasted thing after all :-(
The graphics card in my laptop seemingly doesn't support the massive texture sizes this game apparently uses :/
It's a sad day when even a 2D adventure game won't work on your hardware :-(

gaarias

Does it require too much RAM and video graphics? I could barely play Broken Sword 4, it was insanely 3d. :(

gaarias

I loved the multiple references to Alfred Jarry, present in 1 and 2. It got somewhat lost in 3 and were non existant in 4. Im guessing the guionist was replaced.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk