Breakage

Started by Shadow1000, Thu 05/12/2013 01:48:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

I'm stuck.

Spoiler
There are three areas that I cannot solve and I'm at a standstill. The solutions may be related 1) The alien who needs his pants; 2) The "consoll" cloud in the same room (may be related); 3) The green dude who wants something but won't tell you what. I assume that the coloured goo mixing machine is related. I have the vegetables. I got the scrap from the glass machine and the one from the castle. I put the straw in the can with the tape
[close]

Can someone pass me a hint as to what to do next? I think I've tried everything but no avail.

Thank you

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 05/12/2013 01:48:35
I'm stuck.

Spoiler
There are three areas that I cannot solve and I'm at a standstill. The solutions may be related 1) The alien who needs his pants; 2) The "consoll" cloud in the same room (may be related); 3) The green dude who wants something but won't tell you what. I assume that the coloured goo mixing machine is related. I have the vegetables. I got the scrap from the glass machine and the one from the castle. I put the straw in the can with the tape
[close]

Can someone pass me a hint as to what to do next? I think I've tried everything but no avail.

Thank you

SHADOW

Spoiler
(1)Look at the flying saucer from far away...You will see some laundry drying on a line...I wonder if there are any pants there?
(2) The "consolls": You just need to keep using them until they open a door. There is no puzzle.
(3) You need to give the green guy a gold coin.
[close]

Hope those help a bit...I can be more specific if you need more help ;)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 05/12/2013 04:34:51

Spoiler
(1)Look at the flying saucer from far away...You will see some laundry drying on a line...I wonder if there are any pants there?
(2) The "consolls": You just need to keep using them until they open a door. There is no puzzle.
[close]

1) So I noticed but have no way to get there
2) That's true for the first one. The larger one doesn't seem to work that way. He says not to punch buttons randomly and to look more closely. I am completely stumped
3) Sounds like a plan. I just don't happen to have one! :)

Any suggestions?

Thank you

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 05/12/2013 04:48:50

Spoiler
[close]

2) That's true for the first one. The larger one doesn't seem to work that way. He says not to punch buttons randomly and to look more closely. I am completely stumped

Any suggestions?

Thank you

SHADOW

Spoiler
(2) That comment about "looking closer" is just a smoke-screen I believe. I did multiple clicks on the large console of both LOOK and USE icons and a door opened in the floor.

(You must get through this door to get closer to your goals in (1) and (3)...
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 05/12/2013 12:24:26
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 05/12/2013 04:48:50

Spoiler
[close]

Any suggestions?

Thank you

SHADOW

Spoiler
(2) That comment about "looking closer" is just a smoke-screen I believe. I did multiple clicks on the large console of both LOOK and USE icons and a door opened in the floor.

[close]

Ah, that explains why I'm stuck.

Anyway, I tried looking and using the consoll about 10 times and nothing happened. I don't think anyone else got stuck here so there must be a way to open the door. I wonder if there's something else you have to do or some inventory thing to make it work?

SHADOW

Etumretniw

Spoiler

[close]

Ah, that explains why I'm stuck.

Anyway, I tried looking and using the consoll about 10 times and nothing happened. I don't think anyone else got stuck here so there must be a way to open the door. I wonder if there's something else you have to do or some inventory thing to make it work?

SHADOW
It's not really a smoke-screen :)
Spoiler
I have included two slightly annoying point&click traditions at separate places in the game. One is books - books - book - books, just slightly more forgiving. And not with books.
[close]
And, it's named "console" in newer versions. Had some clean-up.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Etumretniw on Thu 05/12/2013 15:51:52

Spoiler
I have included two slightly annoying point&click traditions at separate places in the game. One is books - books - book - books, just slightly more forgiving. And not with books.
[close]

I solved this one by pixel hunting.

Thank you

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 05/12/2013 16:58:42
Quote from: Etumretniw on Thu 05/12/2013 15:51:52

Spoiler
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Ahhhh...I guess I just got lucky on the second or third try then (laugh)

Etumretniw

Thank you

SHADOW

Spoiler
It's like a cm in size. I felt it was OK :)
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Etumretniw on Fri 06/12/2013 02:01:49

Spoiler
[close]

This is true. The reason I call it pixel hunting is not because of the size of the area. It's because
Spoiler
when an item appears to be one hotspot, then you assume that in order to interact with it, you can click ANYWHERE on the item. There's no reason to assume that you have to click a specific region within the item. If puzzles were designed that they only work if you click a specific 1 cm square of a larger item, then it would be almost impossible to play a game because you would never know what small box to click
[close]

Anyway, I did get past it. But I am stuck again:

Spoiler
I'm in the room with the witch. So far I put 3 keys in the box: the one from the witch, the one from under the mat and the one from the guy in the chimney. I cut the rope with the scissors and he says "ta da" but I don't see any way to progress. I've resorted to trying all items from inventory on each other and all over the room but to no avail
[close]

Any hints?

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 06/12/2013 02:32:36
Quote from: Etumretniw on Fri 06/12/2013 02:01:49

Spoiler
[close]

This is true. The reason I call it pixel hunting is not because of the size of the area. It's because
Spoiler
when an item appears to be one hotspot, then you assume that in order to interact with it, you can click ANYWHERE on the item. There's no reason to assume that you have to click a specific region within the item. If puzzles were designed that they only work if you click a specific 1 cm square of a larger item, then it would be almost impossible to play a game because you would never know what small box to click
[close]

Anyway, I did get past it. But I am stuck again:

Spoiler
I'm in the room with the witch. So far I put 3 keys in the box: the one from the witch, the one from under the mat and the one from the guy in the chimney. I cut the rope with the scissors and he says "ta da" but I don't see any way to progress. I've resorted to trying all items from inventory on each other and all over the room but to no avail
[close]

Any hints?

SHADOW

Spoiler
Maybe the little yellow guy still has a job to do?
[close]

Etumretniw

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 06/12/2013 02:32:36

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, that's why I made him say to look closer. I just wanted to do a variant of pixel hunting, but with a larger area and a hint, and see how it worked. It's just a mean streak I get when I think of games using a variant of books - books - book - books :)
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 02:48:19

Spoiler
[close]

Hmmm...
Spoiler
I can't reach the rope and I can't interact with him. Anything I do Tobias says he doesn't want to harm him. What am I missing...?
[close]

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 06/12/2013 03:01:50
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 02:48:19

Spoiler
[close]

Hmmm...
Spoiler
I can't reach the rope and I can't interact with him. Anything I do Tobias says he doesn't want to harm him. What am I missing...?
[close]

SHADOW

Spoiler
If you got the key from the chimney then you must have gotten the scissors from the rope...Remember how you did that ;)
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 03:04:56

Spoiler
If you got the key from the chimney then you must have gotten the scissors from the rope...Remember how you did that ;)
[close]

Spoiler
I did that by talking to him and he moved to the edge. Now it says that he's already at the wall
[close]

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 06/12/2013 03:06:56
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 03:04:56

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I did that by talking to him and he moved to the edge. Now it says that he's already at the wall
[close]

SHADOW

Spoiler
He's already at one wall...
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 03:09:12

Spoiler
[close]

yes, and there's no way to interact with him or make him move.

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 06/12/2013 03:11:31
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 03:09:12

Spoiler
[close]

yes, and there's no way to interact with him or make him move.

Okay...here is the solution:

Spoiler
You must go all the way to the door and shout at him from that side. This will scare him back along the rope to the left. Keep shouting...
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 03:13:45

Spoiler
You must go all the way to the door and shout at him from that side. This will scare him back along the rope to the left. Keep shouting...
[close]

I don't think I would have solved that in 1000 years! Thank you!

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 06/12/2013 03:17:42
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/12/2013 03:13:45

Spoiler
[close]

I don't think I would have solved that in 1000 years! Thank you!

SHADOW

You are welcome. Any further hints needed: Just ask! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk